• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Wallpaper thread

FightyF

Banned
Tiduz said:
i think youd need a 1920x1080 screenshot of the XMB itself for that, sadly i dont know where to find those.

Maybe someone with an HD capture card can do it...

I hope Blimblim is reading this thread. :)

Maggot9

Banned
Mine:

bestbeard3.jpg

Here's the XMB Template for those who want custom wallpapers for 720p:

XMB:

XMB on 50% Fade w/ Wallpaper containing XMB Tracing:

Standalone XMB Tracing:

Here's the XMB Template for those who want custom wallpapers for 1080p:

Standalone XMB Tracing - PNG (Credit to kay for saving it as PNG and removing the border):

the chris

alterno69 said:
I need a Pyramid head wallpaper yesterday, please :D

Here is one in case you want something different from Pyramid Head, all credit goes to the person who posted it in the wallpapers topic from a hilw back(sorry, forgot the poster's name.)

42914_Silent_Hill_06.jpg

shagg_187 said:

XMB:

Standalone XMB Tracing:

Whoa. Though I'm not quite sure I get the idea behind this... overlap it with whatever background you want on Photoshop or something? I'm going to end up feeling completely stupid but it won't be the first time.

_RT_

shagg_187 said:

XMB:

Standalone XMB Tracing:

Was waiting for someone to do it.

Thanks for the work!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Killzone 2 wallpaper with black/gray XMB tracing = the official wallpaper of champions.

Thanks for posting em Shagg

brandonh83 said:
Whoa. Though I'm not quite sure I get the idea behind this... overlap it with whatever background you want on Photoshop or something? I'm going to end up feeling completely stupid but it won't be the first time.

Try setting this as your PS3 Wallpaper and ull get the drift:

And yes, the first 2 images can be used as a guide for people who want to do their own custom XMB Tracing. The last one, you can magic_wand/overlap with a wallpaper and add effects.

shagg_187 said:
Try setting this as your PS3 Wallpaper and ull get the drift:

And yes, the first 2 images can be used as a guide for people who want to do their own custom XMB Tracing. The last one, you can magic_wand/overlap with a wallpaper and add effects.

Thanks a lot man, I know what I'll be doing tonight during Harry Potty breaks. :D

kay

shagg_187 said:
Standalone XMB Tracing:

Thanks but you saved it as .jpg so there were a lot of colors in it :(, easier to overlap with a transparent png, so here it is!

edit: Hmm, it saved as rgb 8.. must fix that

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
kay said:
Thanks but you saved it as .jpg so there were a lot of colors in it :(, easier to overlap with a transparent png, so here it is!

edit: Hmm, it saved as rgb 8.. must fix that
Thank you for saving me time, i was just opening fireworks and photoshop to make it a .png

Firewire

Banned
captive said:
Thank you for saving me time, i was just opening fireworks and photoshop to make it a .png

I just did the tracing myself!
That HS pic with the big butt kicking sword, looks so awesome on my T.V.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
captive said:
o. m. g. if you did these you rock, if you found them you still rock, but not quite as much. :D

The one with the sword is the official boxart. :D

888284148_a2e378bcc6.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
http://i9.tinypic.com/541e36g.jpg
My contribution, anyone who wants to take it :p
Looking freaking sick on my TV.

Edit because i cant figure out how to do thumbnails, i added the XMB bar to this:
hs9.jpg.xs.jpg

How do you do thumbnails or whatever, that pic is huge and overshadows the thread.

Firewire

Banned
Killthee said:
Use http://xs.to/ for hosting. Once the upload is complete it will give you the forum code for a thumbnail image with linking to the original.

I prefer photobucket though, cause I got a million pics in it, and allot of my work stuff.
Do you know if bucket does it?

kay said:
Okay, new file since the other one gave vertical lines in photoshop for some reason. This one I just filled in with black and made it lighter when blending. Use the linear burn option in blending options to get rid of the white.

example:

Good Job! This is exactly what we need everyone to do now :)

kay

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Damn image hosts resizing things, I just realized there are no good image hosts except photobucket..
edit: photobucket only allows 1024x768?? Gonna try flickr

Firewire

Banned
kay said:
Damn image hosts resizing things, I just realized there are no good image hosts except photobucket..
edit: photobucket only allows 1024x768?? Gonna try flickr

it allows bigger, but you got to pay! $$$

mackaveli

can anyone give me a step by step on how to do the xmb trace over the wallpaper??

i have my picture and template but i don't know what to do. I have photoshop CS 1 and i'm not very good at it, can anyone give me tips on what i should do?

thanks.

mackaveli said:
can anyone give me a step by step on how to do the xmb trace over the wallpaper??

i have my picture and template but i don't know what to do. I have photoshop CS 1 and i'm not very good at it, can anyone give me tips on what i should do?

thanks.

sure. gimme 10 minutes.

kay

mackaveli said:

thanks.
Save the updated file I had posted a few posts up HERE, it is the outline of the icons. Have your original image open and then paste the icon outline image in photoshop. Fill in the inside of the trace with preferably black. Right click the trace layer in the bottom right menu (should be layer 2) and select blending options. Change the blend mode to linear burn and slide the opacity bar until you think it looks good. Then save it as a jpg, png whatever. There is probably a better way but yeah.

Spooks

shagg_187 said:
Here's my first attempt. Looks pretty smooth in XMB. I think it needs a little trimming for the Tracing. Let me know how it looks:

omg could you make anymore MGS wallpapers plz :x

Top Bottom