• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 goes live on April 30th

Yoday

I'm a bit confused as to why it can't be off, but I assume they want to have an indicator that the controller is on or something since there isn't any other light.
Pretty much. Also because it indicates the player when multiple controllers are connected, and it is used for signing in during facial recognition. It would suck if you had that set up and couldn't sign in because the camera couldn't see the controller. My guess is that they will allow it to be dimmed to the lowest possible amount of light needed for the camera to see it.

Pretty much. Also because it indicates the player when multiple controllers are connected, and it is used for signing in during facial recognition. It would suck if you had that set up and couldn't sign in because the camera couldn't see the controller. My guess is that they will allow it to be dimmed to the lowest possible amount of light needed for the camera to see it.

So with a single controller connected, and no camera they could give you the option to leave the light off. It's not needed for games, nothing is represented on the LED that isn't also indicated elsewhere, so it doesn't need to be on.

It also doesn't need to be on when you're watching Netflix, as handy as it is for finding lost snacks in the dark.

omonimo

Banned
They need to update or fix internet browser in some way. It's really shitty actually. Acrobat flash is not supported & more than a time a message like 'there is not enough memory to load the page' appears to me
O_O
I mean seriously? With less memory on my ps3 internet was a lot better the first years .

amardilo

Didn't do anything special. It's a Sony STR-DN1010. I've got it connected via HDMI with HDMI control turned on on the receiver and PS4. It all just works.

Turn off HDMI Control on both the amp and TV (and pass thru off on amp if it has it). This seems to cause havok with PS4. Mine ignored my amp and took the TV as the audio source and sent it stereo instead of surround. HDMI control would also frequently flip to the wrong input, etc.

With all that crap off I get a reliable handshake between PS4 and TV through Amp. Also worth turning off 24p support in PS4 too to avoid lip sync issues with blurays.

I would check you cables, check your HDMI port you are plugged into... and if possible, see if someone else has a PS4 you can try.

oh and also see if there's a firmware update for your receiver.

I've been using my PS4 through my Denon to my Sony TV since launch with zero issues. When you said your XBONE turns on your receiver I'm assuming you mean over HDMI (CEC) which means your receiver should be recent enough to work perfectly for PS4. Ya, you shouldn't be having the flickering issue. If you can watch blu-rays through your PS3 (HDCP) your receiver can handle HDCP just fine. There seems to be something defective somewhere in there. Hopefully it's not your PS4.

an option for it? sure why not. But hell no. It was the worst part of PS3 and 360 IMHO. I honestly couldn't care less if they log on unless it happens to be in a game I'm already in in which case more than likely I'll get an invite already. I don't need the redundancy of "your friend logged in. your friend sent you an invite." and if they don't send me an invite or aren't even in that game... umm.. I probably don't really care that they logged in then.

Thanks turns out my AV receiver had RIHD disabled and once I enabled it I got my PS4 to turn my receiver and TV on! It's even better than the Xbox One as it switches to the correct HDMI input when turned on.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Shin-Ra

With 1.7 you can upload from the app. Not sure if you're disagreeing with me or not but we saw a screenshot.
Oh, really. I haven't seen that, got a link?

I hope you can upload a PNG with transparency because I like how my current avatar doesn't have a square shape, matching the other PDM icons.

ierYlkqTDZ11b.png

is7L9uxNPmczm.png

androvsky

Apparently Shuhei Yoshida is getting in on some of that sweet Music Player Demo action:
https://twitter.com/PSNation/status/460063749886316547

There were some responses on twitter that it's actually the Destiny Beta and Bungie is trolling Sony, but it looks like Yoshida's status changed to "Bungie Internal Beta" afterwards. So either Sony got Bungie to change the name in a patch last night or something's actually up.

Apparently Shuhei Yoshida is getting in on some of that sweet Music Player Demo action:
https://twitter.com/PSNation/status/460063749886316547

There were some responses on twitter that it's actually the Destiny Beta and Bungie is trolling Sony, but it looks like Yoshida's status changed to "Bungie Internal Beta" afterwards. So either Sony got Bungie to change the name in a patch last night or something's actually up.

Post 336 in this thread sorta confirms that this is actually an in-game music player and they are testing this while playing the Destiny Beta.

Shin-Ra

I suppose it's possible they release it as an app that hooks in like Music Unlimited.

edit: but it's hard to say how separate Music Unlimited is, if it's really a standalone app hooking into an audio/music service in the OS.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They need to update or fix internet browser in some way. It's really shitty actually. Acrobat flash is not supported & more than a time a message like 'there is not enough memory to load the page' appears to me
O_O
I mean seriously? With less memory on my ps3 internet was a lot better the first years .

Can you try the same web pages now on your PS3 and see how they run? Compared to 6+ years ago, web pages have become quite heavier and more complex on web browsers...

Massa

O_O

Flash is deprecated, it will never be supported.

emko

You must be an apple user. Tons of websites use flash, no matter how much Steve Jobs hated it.

Has nothing to do with Apple lol Adobe is not going to be supporting it for much longer
Adobe is reaffirming its commitment to "aggressively contribute" to HTML5. HTML5 is going to replace Flash and the faster flash dies the better.

You must be an apple user. Tons of websites use flash, no matter how much Steve Jobs hated it.

Adobe has said they they aren't supporting Flash for new platforms anymore. It's not dead yet, but it's undoubtedly dying. So really, if you want to blame someone for the PS4 not supporting Flash, blame Adobe, not Sony.

Griss

Sorry, I haven't read the thread properly, so I'll just ask...

Any sign of better (non-compressed) screenshot capture now that we can save to USB devices? Might be the kind of thing we only find out about when it releases. There's no reason to compress files that are that small, and it really ruins the feature as is.

ethomaz

Banned
Sorry, I haven't read the thread properly, so I'll just ask...

Any sign of better (non-compressed) screenshot capture now that we can save to USB devices? Might be the kind of thing we only find out about when it releases. There's no reason to compress files that are that small, and it really ruins the feature as is.
Non-compressed not but the jpg in console is way better than uploaded to Twitter or Facebook.

iori9999

Banned
So this is the patch where HDCP is dropped? Also will I be able to customize the UI.. At least have a background of choice?

Danlord

So this is the patch where HDCP is dropped? Also will I be able to customize the UI.. At least have a background of choice?

Yeah the HDCP can be disabled for games in this patch.

As for customising the UI and changing your background, we only know that Sony are looking into it as per comments on the PlayStation Blog.

Top Bottom