• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 goes live on April 30th

Dug

Banned
06mT768.jpg

Saw this on my friends list today. Hope it comes with 1.70.

There are... the habitability dim the DS4's led was not in the PR but Shu confirmed it into 1.70.

He confirmed the light dimming is coming in 1.70? On twitter?

I'd be happy even getting that. I just want something beyond what they've announced, as that stuff isn't very useful to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
He confirmed the light dimming is coming in 1.70? On twitter?

I'd be happy even getting that. I just want something beyond what they've announced, as that stuff isn't very useful to me.
He just said it was coming in the future, never confirmed for 1.7

I will repost here hoping Sony reads NeoGAF:

They have to fix this big problem (bug) with Optical cable and 5.1 on Games and Netflix:

- HDMI and Optical output audio at the same time, and there is no way to disable either one from doing that.

- Here is what happens: If you use HDMI for video and Optical audio, the HDMI input on your TV gets audio anyway (that's the way HDMI works).

- The HDMI Out port of PS4 handshakes with your TV and from the TV HDMI port gets the information about what audio formats it can receive/decode: TV Speakers usually receive just PCM stereo, so the PS4 is tricked into thinking you have a Stereo Setup and it gets confused.

- The only way to fix this would be to disable HDMI Audio (i don't mean turn down the volume, I mean turning completely off the decoding) on your TV. It would be more simple if PS4 gave us the option to disable "HDMI Audio Out " when Optical is selected.

Tidux

I will repost here hoping Sony reads NeoGAF:

They have to fix this big problem (bug) with Optical cable and 5.1 on Games and Netflix:

- HDMI and Optical output audio at the same time, and there is no way to disable either one from doing that.

- Here is what happens: If you use HDMI for video and Optical audio, the HDMI input on your TV gets audio anyway (that's the way HDMI works).

- The HDMI Out port of PS4 handshakes with your TV and from the TV HDMI port gets the information about what audio formats it can receive/decode: TV Speakers usually receive just PCM stereo, so the PS4 is tricked into thinking you have a Stereo Setup and it gets confused.

- The only way to fix this would be to disable HDMI Audio (i don't mean turn down the volume, I mean turning completely off the decoding) on your TV. It would be more simple if PS4 gave us the option to disable "HDMI Audio Out " when Optical is selected.

Sony is reading.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All I request is to fix the audio output options. Give me more control over the number of speakers and codecs. Auto setting is completely broken for me. PS3 options were great.

Shin-Ra

Oh, and if I could upload my PNG screenshots directly to Flickr that'd be fab too. But capturing PNG's so we can decide what quality to ultimately share them in should be priority.

yamo

My most requested "fix" is to be able to remove/hide games from my trophy list. Not just hiding them from my friends.

Yes, my OCD is killing me.

Black Duke

Neo Member
I'd really love a way to make my secondary account a primary account. Right now I can't share anything, and I'm 24 (account made in 2006/7)

Yosp please

Winter John

Gold Member
I was playing FF14 yesterday and a msg popped up saying it was going to disconnect in 15 minutes because it couldn't verify my license. Nothing happened.

Today I got the same msg, and it did boot me out the game. The game is now locked, ( Mercenary Kings is too) and it tells me to connect to the internet. I am connected to the net, and doing the connection test shows everything as it should be, so I don't know what the hell is going on.

I was playing FF14 yesterday and a msg popped up saying it was going to disconnect in 15 minutes because it couldn't verify my license. Nothing happened.

Today I got the same msg, and it did boot me out the game. The game is now locked, as is Mercenary Kings on the front screen and it tells me to connect to the internet. I am connected to the net, and doing the connection test shows everything as it should be, so I don't know what the hell is going on.

Try restoring the licenses. Go to Settings > PSN > Restore licenses

Winter John

Gold Member
Is the account in which you bought the games with has your Ps4 listed as primary?
I faced this problem around 2 weeks ago when trying to use my friend's Ps4 as primary and vice versa

No. It won't let me switch it to primary. This is a replacement for one which broke down. The last time I tried to switch, it said I had to deactivate the other system, which obviously I can't do. Anyway, I've turned it back on, and it seems to be up and running. Maybe it's just the PSN network

I really just wish there was a way to have twitch chat show up on my screen, but not in the video feed for everyone else. I guess it's a nice feature if you're watching someone stream from your PS4, but it's just wasted space if you're watching on a pc.

No. It won't let me switch it to primary. This is a replacement for one which broke down. The last time I tried to switch, it said I had to deactivate the other system, which obviously I can't do. Anyway, I've turned it back on, and it seems to be up and running. Maybe it's just the PSN network

Can't you deactivate systems from the web now?

PNG screenshots, that's my most wanted feature atm.

Same. If you like what the photo mode / capture card screenshotting of Infamous did for that game, let us take uncompressed photos.

Uncompressed photos, put them onto USB, upload to site with minimal / no compression

Same with video capturing.

Let me record a video at native resolution / framerate! Me love you long time

omonimo

Banned
It doesn't matter, it's not going to come back. Expecting it is just going to continue to disappoint

Really? Damn, the fuck. I mean, most of the internet videos work with acrobat flash, really ps4 can't never come back to this? What a bullshit.

omonimo

Banned
Can you try the same web pages now on your PS3 and see how they run? Compared to 6+ years ago, web pages have become quite heavier and more complex on web browsers...

Well, it's happened even for this forum. I'm not joking. When a thread provide tons of youtube plugin, ps4 browser it's screwed. It said there is not enough memory in the system. O_O
Seriously?

Jonnax

Really? Damn, the fuck. I mean, most of the internet videos work with acrobat flash, really ps4 can't never come back to this? What a bullshit.

Adobe is deprecating it.
They pulled flash for Android from the market.

Firefox on linux doesnt get updates anymore, just security ones. Where they're just updating the chrome plugin.

They themselves have said that they want to move away from Flash to HTML5. So if the company that owns the software isn't too keen on it then not much can be done.

Liamario

Banned
Sony is reading.
In that case-

-Invites across the board.
-Significantly reduce button presses required to join chats etc. (context sensitive button prompts?)
-interactive notifications. Eg hold button to join.
-player met list is redundant due to how old the list of players is.
-report players. Mute players et al
-greater/faster/smarter profile customisation.
-YouTube upload/stream/app
-playstation wall; players can post screenshots, videos and comments specifically for your attention. (Like LBP hub)
-spotify and equivalent services- streaming spotify from device to ps4 at the very least.
-automatic gameplay broadcasting; no need to activate every time.

In that case-

-Invites across the board.
-Significantly reduce button presses required to join chats etc. (context sensitive button prompts?)
-interactive notifications. Eg hold button to join.
-player met list is redundant due to how old the list of players is.
-report players. Mute players et al
-greater/faster/smarter profile customisation.
-YouTube upload/stream/app
-playstation wall; players can post screenshots, videos and comments specifically for your attention. (Like LBP hub)
-spotify and equivalent services- streaming spotify from device to ps4 at the very least.
-automatic gameplay broadcasting; no need to activate every time.

-When a trophy unlock pops up, pressing the ps button takes you to the trophies screen.

Linconan

Any chance/think the update will come a day early?
That would be sweet.

Anyway, Sounding likes it's gunna be a real major Update. Crossing me fingers.
I actually want a big download that's going to take ages, where i can sit back and say "damn", in a good way,lol

Cudder

The big additions are cool but I'm really excited to see what unannounced/stealth features they add in for some reason lol.

Ooh ok. I just had the same problem and restoring the license didn't work. What got it to unlock is when I tested my connection.

Top Bottom