• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One in 2014: A Video Game Onslaught

beast786

jmmvTNrEFMURe.jpg

Hexa

You missed:
Galak-Z
Guilty Gear Xrd
Helldivers
Lily Bergamo
Lords of the Fallen
Ryme
Scivelation
Secret Ponchos
Shadow of the Beast
Shadow Warrior
Sniper Elite 3
Soul Saga
Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

And I'd assume we'll get Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends, Wonderflick, and of course Yakuza Ishin for PS4 in NA eventually.

BELIEVE

Will I have to have played Witcher and Witcher 2 to get enjoyment from Witcher 3?

Otherwise, I'm probably going to get Titanfall and Elder Scrolls Online. I was thinking about Destiny but it kind of just looks like Borderlands.

Will I have to have played Witcher and Witcher 2 to get enjoyment from Witcher 3?

Otherwise, I'm probably going to get Titanfall and Elder Scrolls Online. I was thinking about Destiny but it kind of just looks like Borderlands.

I played Witcher 2 before the first and enjoyed it plenty. The plots were only loosely related. I expect something similar with 3. You'll take more away having played 2, but the story will probably be completely independent.

it is only a matter of time before they show of the new Sly
and after into the Nexus... their is a high chance for a next gen Ratchet

now we only need Jak 4 to happen as well for the holy trinity of PS2 platformers
:D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I left off anything I didn't want at all or already owned on another platform if it's an older game.

Definitely Want:
-Witcher 3: I loved the first two games and this seems to be adding several features I would have loved to have had in previous iterations.
-Hotline Miami 2: This has been reported as "more Hotline Miami with some upgrades". Hotline Miami was easily one of my favorite games of the year, and I would be perfectly fine with just "more Hotline Miami" even without the upgrades.
-Dragon Age: Inquisition: I even had some fun with Dragon Age 2, and this looks like a massive improvement in every way possible, so I can't imagine myself not getting it eventually.

Optimistic:
-TitanFall: Everything about this looks good and a lot like the kind of multiplayer shooter I feel has been missing for quite some time, however I want either a beta or positive impressions from people I trust on the final game to be sure.
-Child of Light: I've liked what I've seen of this, but Ubisoft has no track record in this genre and Western made JRPGs have had a very hit or miss success rate.
-Destiny: This looks like an MMO version of Borderlands + Halo. It would be hard for this to not appeal to me, though the people I play Borderlands online with game primarily on PC, and this kind of game is usually not fun solo. Notably positive impressions could sway me though.
-Reaper of Souls: Diablo 3 was quite disappointing for me, but at least the list of added features and changes sounds very similar to what I would have liked to see changed with the base game.
-The Division: The MMO version of Borderlands + Tom Clancy. However, given how new AAA Ubisoft IPs turn out on their first entry, I'm remaining cautious, especially since we haven't seen any non-scripted gameplay yet.
-Infamous: Second Son: I have not played a previous Infamous game, but this looks like it could be fun. I would ideally want to play a demo first to see if it's really something that suits my taste though.
-Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes: The main issue this game will have is convincing me to buy it instead of just waiting for MGS5. I'm interested in the concept, but this is a pretty expensive ass standalone release.
-Octodad: Charlequin played this and told me it was excellent, and it looks like a lot of fun. I just need to hear that the final product is varied and entertaining for however long it is, since a 5 minute impression of a game can vary heavily from a 5 hour impression.
-Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare: Basically everything I have seen about this certainly looks great, but it's hard for me to tell if a multiplayer shooter will be fun without playing it in a beta or hearing from someone with similar taste to me.
-Quantum Break: I need to see gameplay first, but the four seconds they showed looked like something I would enjoy and I really liked the Remedy Max Payne games.
-The Evil Within: I really like most of Shinji Mikami's games, and really like Survival Horror games, but I am somewhat skeptical as this is a new-ish studio and they've been hiding this pretty hard.
-The Witness: I quite liked Myst, and I really liked Braid. However, the gameplay they've shown so far hasn't inspired me with a ton of confidence, but puzzle games don't often make great trailers.
-Thief: This doesn't look like a great Thief game, or even an especially good Thief game, but it does look like it could be a fun game if we put the brand to the side for a moment.
-Transistor: My main complaint about Bastion would be that the combat wasn't very engaging. This looks to have made some good strides in improving that, so this could hit a lot of high notes for me.
-Valiant Hearts: I'm a big adventure game fan and this is a fantastic setting for one. However, since Ubisoft hasn't made something like this before with this team, I would need positive impressions first.
-Watch_Dogs: As I mentioned before, Ubisoft's first attempts at a new AAA franchise don't always go so hot lately, and this game seems to get periodically downgraded. However, the core concept is something that appeals to me.

Wait & See:
-Deep Down: The monetization model of this game will be rather important to determining if it's actually fun. So far the gameplay videos have not looked very good outside of the visuals either.
-Daylight: Horror games depend heavily on implementation, so this is something I'd definitely need to see great impressions of first.
-Dyling Light: The concept of this game is great, but Techland's track record is definitely not.
-Halo 5: I would like to see more significant evolution in this franchise to really win me back. Reading things like "We took out the cool new weapons because not enough people used them and replaced them with unusual looking shotguns instead" does not inspire me confidence, however if I see something that looks notably different to me in a positive way, I would be open minded.
-Mad Max: I had quite a bit of fun with Just Cause 2 for a few hours, but it got pretty monotonous after that. I would need to see something rather impressive out of this or fantastic reviews/impressions to be interested.
-Sunset Overdrive: Insomniac has been very hit or miss for me lately so I would need to see a lot of positive things about this to consider it. The game is basically not revealed so I don't have much to say.
-The Crew: I don't really like most driving games, but a co-op driving game with various missions in theory could appeal to me.
-The Order: 1886: Most things I read about this do not inspire me with confidence, as it seems to be doubling down on most of the things I hated about cinematmic shooters last generation. I'm not entirely opposed to the concept though as I did enjoy at least some of the ones I played.
-Wolfenstein: In theory, making a game in the style of old Wolfenstein games would be a fantastic idea. I'm not convinced they will nail the feeling though from the gameplay videos so far. Also Wolfenstein multiplayer was excellent and they're missing that.

Not to mention alot of titles for Fall 2014 that haven't been announced yet:) I'm just hoping for WWE 2k15 to look good on next gen platforms and to be away from Yukes. Fall 2014 is when these consoles finally start taking off and I'm hoping to see more titles developed with next gen in mind first and not building a game based on the lowest common denominator(ps3 and 360).

witness

So many games I'm getting, my wife is going to hate me!

-Destiny
-Diablo PS4
-Dragon Age
-Driveclub
-Hotline Miami 2
-inFamous
-MGS:GZ
-Octodad
-Project Cars
-The Order 1886
-The Witcher 3
-Watch_Dogs

This is why I passed on a Wii U and got a PS4 on sunday. Great thread!

AniHawk

But I was told these systems had no games and were in for a long drought by certain people!

we'll see more games, but these are 40 titles, some of which are late ports, don't have full names, and might not see release in 2014. and we're including two systems to get this full lineup.

i'm not saying there's not an impressive amount of things, but you can combine pretty much any two systems and come up with a list like that. take vita + wii u:

dangan ronpa
ragnarok odyssey ace
mlb 14 the show
demon gaze
conception ii
final fantasy x hd
final fantasy x-2 hd
touikoden
hyperdimension neptunia pp
project diva f
persona 4: dancing all night
monster hunter frontier g
deception iv: blood ties
disgaea 4: return
samurai warriors 4
soul sacrifice delta
the binding of isaac: rebirth
the legend of heroes trails of azure
the walking dead season 2
borderlands 2
broken sword: the serpent's curse
phantasy star nova
rogue legacy
shantae: half-genie hero
donkey kong country tropical freeze
mario kart 8
yarn yoshi
x
smash bros. 4
bayonetta 2
child of light
project cars
puyo puyo tetris
watch_dogs
armikrog
hyper light drifter
gunlord
knytt underground
pier solar hd
soul saga: episode 1

@shinobi602 Damn nice thread and posts mate, kudos. Now I'm even more excited for next year and gaming. Seeing what you put together I can see 1 or 2 exclusives on PS4 that make my purchase of that console a definite for next year. Already own an X1.

Dead

well not really...yet
Both systems have some really exciting exclusives coming up so im glad I ended up with both

Top Bottom