• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean*O

If anything it makes Microsoft MORE willing to moneyhat exclusives as they try to catch up. Microsoft invested way too much into the Xbox One to lose or tie in the U.S. territory.

Well, they're going to lose the US no matter how much they spend unless they start giving systems away for free. Moneyhatting exclusives when the devs can turn around and sell them to a lot more customers on the rival platform is going to get expensive.

kmg90

anecdotally Xbox Ones were selling at about 5-7 units every 5 minutes compared to the PS4 selling at around 3-5 every minute

Racer1977

Made an order with Amazon UK on 11th December, just got an order confirmation to say I'll receive it on January 20th-22nd.

I'm sure I'll be able to pick one up from someonewhere before that, preferably a standalone console.

GodofWine

Woke up..checked amazon for deals..saw PS4 @ #1 ...and #8 YTD (damn)...came to GAF.. was not disappointed.

Now for the madadtory Xb1 comparison...XB1 was available for days, selling in the #6 range, and never passed TLOU of on th yearly ranking. PS4 just bulldozed past both of them in 12 hours., and this is their second top 10 sku, the first one was wiped clean by amazon.

The demand is big

ethomaz

Banned
Too early to say. You'll notice that the Xbox One Day One edition is ranked seaparately from the Xbox One standard edition which is found on the next page. I suspect with those two numbers combined, XBO has probably sold more units on Amazon than the PS4 did.
PS4 too... all bundles are separated.

lol @ product countdown.

GAF has become the home shopping network!

Yy9Kudj.jpg

NOW WHAT WE HAVE HERE ARE PLAYSTATION 4 CONSOLES
THESE ARE VERY RARE
TYPICALLY THESE GO FOR OVER $12,000
TODAY.....WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU...FOR....
$789.99
OH, AND THE LINES ARE LIGHTING UP.
THEY'RE GOING FAST FOLKS, AGAIN, VERY RARE CONSOLES
OK, WE HAVE DARYL ON THE PHONE FROM TUSCON ARIZONA...

Rubenov

Must be people waking up and doing a morning check for stock. They are flying off the pallet now.

I'm sure they've been flying off pallets for the last 12 hours. Silly people thought they had the same amount as the previous shipment. It was clearly multiples more.

sono

Gold Member
Just did a rough check they are selling about 15 a minute at the moment so should all be sold in around 40 mins

Racer1977

Woke up..checked amazon for deals..saw PS4 @ #1 ...and #8 YTD (damn)...came to GAF.. was not disappointed.

Now for the madadtory Xb1 comparison...XB1 was available for days, selling in the #6 range, and never passed TLOU of on th yearly ranking. PS4 just bulldozed past both of them in 12 hours., and this is their second top 10 sku, the first one was wiped clean by amazon.

The demand is big
So, what's the theory, Sony shipped more consoles to Amazon in one bulk delivery, than MS's regular drip feed this month?

Awntawn

Interesting thought, are their bundles included in the same stock pool as their standalones? Like if they have 800 units available with 500 they're willing to sell standalone and 300 reserved for a bundle, would they display 800 stock remaining for the bundle because they'll gladly pack one together should the demand be there, or only display 300?

Interesting thought, are their bundles included in the same stock pool as their standalones? Like if they have 800 units available with 500 they're willing to sell standalone and 300 reserved for a bundle, would they display 800 stock remaining for the bundle because they'll gladly pack one together should the demand be there, or only display 300?

No, they have different ASINS, so they are all separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom