• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 BETA firmware 5.00 out today

Ahasverus

For me, it would say "copying" and would stay at 0% or move at a total snail's pace. It's why I rolled back to the current firmware. Word of warning though, if you have games installed to an external hard drive with custom folders, rolling back causes those folders to disappear and the games to be out on the main menu unorganized (games downloaded to system storage remain in their original folders).
That's really sad to hear. hopefully they iron it out.
Have you tried starting the game that the DLC is for? I had DLC for Star Wars Battlefront not install until I started the game.
Yes, it's the free stuff from FFXV (The assassins event). If I click the "waiting to install" notification it reads "The content does not exist in the PlayStation store" or something like that. It's really weird.

cozomel

On Beta 5 and still can't install DLC, it fully downloads but stops at "Waiting to install". Sony plz.

Damn, Im glad i dont have this problem. Everything installs and downloads fine on my end but have you tried doing a database rebuild? Or a straight up reformatting of your drive to see it fixes it. Heck you may even wanna consider a reformat of the main drive.

Which version of the PS4 do you have?

That's where I checked for it, nothing available (other than downgrade option). That was last night when I posted anyway, I'll check again later this morning.
As an update, while manually searching for the update didn't find it, putting the Pro into Rest mode and then waking it back up brought up an automatic notification prompt for the update.

androvsky

Has anyone TRIED a PlayStation black disc in FW 5.00?

This is the first beta I wasn't invited to, so I can't try for myself
I try every beta. The PS4 chokes on PS1 discs, going into constant seeks trying to determine disc type. I'm rather certain it is physically capable of reading CDs, but apparently needs a drive bios update.

Only tried on the first beta round, haven't tried on the latter ones.

black070

I don't know if this was already the case but when you download a game from your library now - it gives you the option to choose which DLC you've previously purchased to download along with it e.g. maps/expansions etc, before you'd have to do that seperatly.

MaKTaiL

I don't know if this was already the case but when you download a game from your library now - it gives you the option to choose which DLC you've previously purchased to download along with it e.g. maps/expansions etc, before you'd have to do that seperatly.
Sorry to inform you but that's been there for ages now.

Ahasverus

Damn, Im glad i dont have this problem. Everything installs and downloads fine on my end but have you tried doing a database rebuild? Or a straight up reformatting of your drive to see it fixes it. Heck you may even wanna consider a reformat of the main drive.

Which version of the PS4 do you have?
Normal Pro. The funny thing is that games install normally (I downloaddz Rocket League yesterday) yet that FFXV DLC is still in queue.

I know it's a silly thing, but I did realize last night that the firmware update no longer causes the "Corrupted Data" tile on the menu if there's a disc already in the drive. It actually works like it used to a while back where the game the disc was for was able to be run right away instead of ejecting and reinserting (giggity).

I think this slightly improved the tile rendering speed, too. Or it's still just really fast from the file system changes they made.

I kind of wish I had a Pro, now, because I'd like to see the differences for myself.

Toe-Knee

Normal Pro. The funny thing is that games install normally (I downloaddz Rocket League yesterday) yet that FFXV DLC is still in queue.

I just had a thought. This is how things are handled on the vita. Have you tried launching the games this triggers the final install step on vita.

Probably not the same but worth a shot.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So 4.74 came out today, I was on 5.00 Beta 5 and it wouldn't let me go online unless I updated, figured I could just download the beta again, but nope, stuck on 4.74 now.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
How bizarre.

Why put out 4.74 when 5.00 is surely almost ready?

Who knows, seems like 4.74 is a mandatory update though so everyone is going to have to update to it to go online. Maybe it fixes something in both the previous firmware and 5.00 betas and was easy to just shove everyone back to it than put out a new beta before it is releases.

That or Sony just wasn't paying attention.

dracula_x

So 4.74 came out today, I was on 5.00 Beta 5 and it wouldn't let me go online unless I updated, figured I could just download the beta again, but nope, stuck on 4.74 now.

yeah, they just sent email about it:

5AATrUZ.png

How bizarre.

Why put out 4.74 when 5.00 is surely almost ready?

probably because they found a critical bug in "v-4.5" branch which needs to be addressed ASAP

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
5.0 has been buggy both times I've installed it
Now I have to either install it or 4.74.
Great

Ahasverus

Sony's software side is a mess. They should legit outsource that part to some knowledgeable guys on Silicon on Valley.

Or Microsoft. Why not.

Rellik

Sony's software side is a mess. They should legit outsource that part to some knowledgeable guys on Silicon on Valley.

Or Microsoft. Why not.

It's at comedy levels. Well... until I realise I have a PS4 and have to deal with this amateur software.

BTHR Zero X

yeah, they just sent email about it:

5AATrUZ.png

wow because my PS is set to auto update it has now knocked me out of the beta, what kind of BS is that =/

Edit: It also seems because of this I can not access the Beta Forums to comment on it =/ it gives me a

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

So does that mean those with the Auto Update are out for good or will it mark us for the 5.00 Beta 6?

Matush

What kind of BS is this? System Update downloaded but is waiting for install, yet I am online but can't connect to Destiny. What kind of BS is this Sony. ffs

LAA

Yeah a very annoying time to pull this.
Not gonna be rejoining beta either. Not really any exciting features worth staying on for anyway.
Downgraded but haven't noticed any problems. Other than the row order not being sorted in order of recently played. Other than that all folder order works and Destiny 2 still works.

Guppeth

I'll have to downgrade if I want to play Destiny. My only concern is that the PSVR 2.9 beta firmware won't be compatible with 4.74. Anyone know? If it's not I'll wait a day or two for a 5.0 update.

Guppeth

So if I'll turn on my console now it will try to downgrade the firmware? Can the update be cancelled until beta 6?

Mine had autodownloaded it but I don't have Allow Restart turned on so I am going to stay on 5.0 for a while and see if beta 6 comes out.

On Beta 5 and still can't install DLC, it fully downloads but stops at "Waiting to install". Sony plz.

If you're talking about Battlefront specifically, I'm not in the software beta, but once I 'downloaded' the season pass, I still had to manually search for the 4 expansion packs seperately on the Store and download/unlock them individually. The season pass file itself did nothing.

Ahasverus

If you're talking about Battlefront specifically, I'm not in the software beta, but once I 'downloaded' the season pass, I still had to manually search for the 4 expansion packs seperately on the Store and download/unlock them individually. The season pass file itself did nothing.
It's FFXV actually.

pbsapeer

Banned
Yep my PlayStation just updated to 4.74 and my ps4 is pretty slow. Took ages to load FIFA and it's downloading some updates to Minecraft and titanfall. Auto update sucksssssss

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yep my PlayStation just updated to 4.74 and my ps4 is pretty slow. Took ages to load FIFA and it's downloading some updates to Minecraft and titanfall. Auto update sucksssssss

Yea my Pro got noticeably slower going to 4.74 from 5.0, I hope Beta 6 comes out quickly.

cozomel

Yea my Pro got noticeably slower going to 4.74 from 5.0, I hope Beta 6 comes out quickly.

Yikes, Sony! What a cluster you-know-what. What exactly got slower? Cuz the scrolling through the game tiles definitely got smoother in 5.00 (and no, its not just a placebo effect this time, its for real). And while its true that there are no big features in here I still like all the extra little touches added to it.

And the only bug I've experience was it always defaulting to the first customizable slot in the Quick Menu which was fixed in the 2nd beta update (beta 4). Even my other problem where the system would always start up on the Media Player i fixed by simply taking out the USB drive i had then reconnecting it. Boom! fixed! So, so far, so good. No real issues yet. Oh, except it did break the Stats for Nerd on the Youtube app, but thats not that big a deal.

Btw, can anybody give me the link to the US/NA beta forum? Cuz the link from my US/NA invite sends me to the EU beta forum, even though i am signed in on my US account. I dont get it.

btw, in 5.04 in the quick menu, it seems, they added semi-transparent black background behind the clock:

Why was it opaque before? Didnt notice but its still a nice little improvement/touch. Though honestly i would have prefer that background wasnt there at all really but no biggie.

Is beta forum where we can ask for features?
Or just sharing bug finds

I dont think so, but you can certainly still ask/bring them up. Especially to hopefully get it into their consciousness (well thats assuming they'll even see it). But i think the real offical place for that is in the Share Blog, https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Adryuu

Holy shit this is horrible, I've also been auto updated and I'm now stuck with white notifications and I'm HORRORISED to even launch Netflix and get fugly white disconnected pad notifications of death.

Worse even, interface is slower and clunky, immediately noticeable. But they tend to fuck this up in official releases after better performance in betas I think.

I hope beta 6 comes soon and we the auto updated fellows don't have any problem updating to it...

People said this update was pointless (and maybe calling it new version instead of just release/fix is) but I've been immediately missing it.

Top Bottom