• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history, outsells Wii U LTD in UK [250K PS4 in 48h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nags

Banned
XYF2kio.png

2SCLSVx.png

I play games, not sales data. Yeah, the Wii U is definitely doomed, but at least it will die on a positive note.

5+5=10

10/10

Kurod

Banned
You know what, about that - I really wish more people would play Knack and Lego Marvel game (85% on metacritic) back to back and report what they think of them - both being kids games and all. I have played Marvel Lego demo last night and it was so boring, mindless, played out and by the numbers, that I can't imagine how horrifically worse Knack must be to score almost half as low on average, if Marvel lego is the kind of game that stands for 85% in the kids games genre. The thing is though, Knack doesn't look that bad or broken in any of the videos I've seen.

I got my platinum trophy for Knack the other day. Doing so required multiple playthroughs of the story mode and five-star ranking the time attack stages as well as the coliseum stages. Earlier today I started on Lego Marvel and after just two missions I'm ready to go back to more Knack. Buuuut I'm gonna stick with it to see if it gets better once it opens up more.

Games don't inherently "deserve" sales simply for being of [subjective] quality whether that's Super Mario 3D World, Tearaway, etc, etc. This last generation of things like Deca Sports selling in their millions should have ingrained that by now. They're consumer products and that's simply not how the marketplace works.

dolemite

There was a time back in the early PS3 days when some of the shittiest Wii games (Ninja Breadman comes to mind) would outsell a well reviewed PS3 game. Looks like the fortunes did a 180 this generation.

There was a time back in the early PS3 days when some of the shittiest Wii games (Ninja Breadman comes to mind) would outsell a well reviewed PS3 game. Looks like the fortunes did a 180 this generation.

I wonder if PS4 will start getting flooded with shovelware if sales keep up.

Averon

Mario being outsold by a 55 metascored game makes the situation even funnier. Posting Knack's metacritic score and continuing to say it sucks just makes Mario's performance at retail all that more hilarious.

Perkel

Banned

More like casual audience leaved nintendo. Current PS4 situation is mainly due to hardcore audience and Wii U doesn't have that much of hardcore community after Wii.

dugdug

Banned
I wonder if PS4 will start getting flooded with shovelware if sales keep up.

Of course it will. The PS3 and 360 also had tons of shovelware bullshit.

However, it'll also likely have great third party support and a more steady stream of diverse first party titles.

beast786

I just know that Final Fantasy XIII 360 announcement and Bayonetta 2 Wii U announcement remain the two most embarrassing topics to ever grace NeoGAF, and neither of them are the result of Nintendo fans.

I guess you missed rayman legend delay / Multiplatform thread.

wmlk

I'm not sure if people seriously think Knack is "better" than Super Mario 3D World.
If so, then they most likely have some serious corporate fanboyism for Sony.

I'm sorry, but it's like comparing poo to food.

EDIT: I understand this is hypocritical, but I am neither a fanboy of either company. In fact, I haven't even gotten a Nintendo system since 2003. If someone were to say NSMBU is better than TLOU then that wouldn't be so outrageous (although I think TLOU is better). But THIS is different.

kasane

I'm not sure if people seriously think Knack is "better" than Super Mario 3D World.

Opinions, ever heard of em'?

zeopower6

Isn't this a bit hypocritical?

Averon

Feel free to point out how I'm being hypocritical.

Never said they didn't. And if they meltdown, they're deservedly mocked, just like the Nintendo crazies in this thread.

Exactly. Overzealous Sony fans were regularly mocked during the early years of the PS3. Xbox fans desperately defending the Xbone pre-180 got bruised. There no free pass here to be a zealot for any company.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

But, both are games, and poo isn't food. It's more like (in your opinion) that it's filet mignon vs. Mcdonald's chicken nuggets.

wmlk

But, both are games, and poo isn't food. It's more like (in your opinion) that it's filet mignon vs. Mcdonald's chicken nuggets.

Haha, I understand. But seriously Knack is just bad. I love Japan Studio but this is an insult to all Sony first party.

Hasney

Then clearly, even though I prefer food, I must like the occasional nibble on poo just for a bit of variety.

I'm not sure what this says about me.

kasane

Yes, but the "opinion" here is overwhelmingly negative towards Super Mario 3D World when it clearly isn't everywhere else. I'll remember to stay out of these threads from now on...

Ignore those obvious fanboy remarks then. I haven't gotten around to playing 3D world but i defenitely enjoyed Knack so i won't consider it ' poo '. Same with 3D world. I'll hold my judgement until i play it

warthog

I just hope it's a wake up call for Nintendo. I've always bought their consoles to play Zelda, Mario, ... even if I didn't like the hardware (Wii), their online services or the lack of 3rd party, but I won't be getting a Wii U any time soon. They need to get their act together for the next console. Sony got the picture after the PS3 debacle.

jayu26

Yeah, but there's a limit to this. A subjective limit, of course... but there is one.

For most people this is way over the limit. It's like a Transformers 2 vs. Terminator 2 type of divide here.

You don't get it do you? I don't like Transformer movies either, but just because you or I don't like them does not mean that others are not allowed to like them as well.

BTW Terminator 1 is better than Terminator 2...this an opinion. It is my opinion and it does not negate yours.

wmlk

You're the one calling Knack shit.

Juxtaposition. Do you really think I eat Mario for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? I'm just saying how one is "good" and the other one is "bad". Doesn't mean people can't think Knack is better but when it's a 2:1 ratio?

KoopaTheCasual

I seriously wonder if a majority of the people whining in this thread that "Mario is vastly superior to Knack" have played both games to completion? I don't even believe I would think Knack is a better game, but I really wonder if some of the more "outspoken" warriors in this thread have beaten both games?

I somehow doubt it.

You don't get it do you?

I actually do.

I don't like Transformer movies either, but just because you or I don't like them does not mean that others are not allowed to like them as well.

They're allowed to, as long as it's genuine and informed. Some opinions are highly suspect if they're wacky enough. At that point it's only natural to question the source.

BTW Terminator 1 is better than Terminator 2...this an opinion. It is my opinion and it does not negate yours.

That's perfectly fine. Transformers 2 > Terminator (either one), however? That's suspect... some sort of family relationship to Michael Bay may be the case, etc.

It's a matter of probability. It's possible to think such things and be an informed, reasonable, even-keeled, thoughtful person... but it's not typical.

KoopaTheCasual

lol. "Too much hype" is by far the funniest reason I've seen used as a negative against PS4. I don't even understand the context of that comment? Maybe the respondent meant "too much hype, so it was impossible to find" but yea, the author of this article wrote this in the most clickbait way possible. Well, it worked, I suppose. I just read that shit.

Margalis

Banned
haha salt and tears with a dancing knack on top.

The majority of salt in this thread is from PS4 owners salty because critic and user reviews both panned Knack, and the majority of people who are "emotionally invested" are PS4 owners celebrating over the fact that a bad game sold ok because it makes them feel like their team won in sales if not quality.

It's really kind of silly to make endless "dat salt tho" posts when the salt is from PS4 owners mewling about how critics were mean to poor old Knack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom