• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 4.5 - Official Wallpaper sharing thread

Saiyan-Rox

Using this one myself :)

eOWXTqE.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are these new colors for the dual and particle themes or were they in there since 4.0?

There is an orange and grey dual theme that makes me think of gaf heh

This feature feels like a very Nintendo-move. I mean, we've all wanted custom wallpapers that's a given, more options is always a plus but the fact that you can't transfer images still to the hard-drive through USB and the screenshot feature doesn't work on the Media Player app just makes it almost pointless, thank god for the web trick.

Unknown?

Hmmm I want a PS2 boot up wallpaper. Think anyone can make something like that or is the source material too low res?

What's a recommended resolution for this, cause doesn't the background shift slightly when moving between menu layers?

Edit: Nevermind I thought it was slightly dynamic, like choosing a screenshot height greater than 1080 so it shifts a little. Realised it's static bkgrd.

Only option I've found is to change the background and that's it.
I'm wanting to change the colour of folders from that dark blue but see no option for that neither. Looks like it's background only.
But can I chose a custom theme(ie.Bloodborne) to stay with the icons/sounds and change the background to whatever I want or is it just the default PS4 OS?

TLZ

Banned
Anyone interested in having this beta fw 4.50, I still have the few burner accounts running, so PM me. Letting you guys know since the thread was closed.

yamo

Anyone know if it will be possible to add a dynamic background, but without using the figures/icons that come with the theme? I love many of the dynamic themes but I prefer the regular PS4 icons.

KyleCross

Just found the perfect way to share wallpapers on PS4; a community.

Communities allow you to attach photos, and you simply click on them to fullscreen on your PS4. When you upload one to a community you can even crop it to your liking. You're also able to upload from the playstation app, so you don't have to depend on the share function only to upload.

I went ahead and made a community and added some wallpapers. Any chance of it being added to the OP?

The community is called: GAF Wallpaper Community

Just search it in the ps4 communities and be sure to upload your own wallpapers.

Pindakaas

Neo Member

Communities allow you to attach photos, and you simply click on them to fullscreen on your PS4. When you upload one to a community you can even crop it to your liking. You're also able to upload from the playstation app, so you don't have to depend on the share function only to upload.

I went ahead and made a community and added some wallpapers. Any chance of it being added to the OP?

Just search it in the ps4 communities and be sure to upload your own wallpapers.

Great idea! I have joined the community and started to upload some of the wallpapers from this thread.

dracula_x

also you can attach and send images through PS Messages mobile app.

edit: and by using toolbar on playstation.com → https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/

S6DGNXW.png

DbtsSPw.png

Audioboxer

It would be awesome if dynamic themes were opened up like this, but then no one would buy them again :p

I at least hope they find a way to let us change icon colours.

BigEmil

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The webbrowser is definitely the best way to save wallpapers, the message app seems to compress images over 1080p and they end up looking like Nioh when the resolutions drops, ie blocky & blurry

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I want to change the wallpaper of my folders... so it's not random thumbnails, but a single image of my choosing.

Custom wallpapers, in general, is a bit whatever. Folders still look gross as is. Ruins wallpapers.

Kyrios

I'll be joining that tonight!

Top Bottom