• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 4.5 - Official Wallpaper sharing thread

GazzaGSi

edited some wallpapers that I posted recently, to match color of icons
plus added a few more:

Awesome thankyou!

Just found the perfect way to share wallpapers on PS4; a community.

The community is called: GAF Wallpaper Community

Just search it in the ps4 communities and be sure to upload your own wallpapers.

Great idea, just joined. Finally made use of the Communities mobile app :)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've been going through some work done by an artist called Wlop
Pretty good stuff

Hoo-doo

Banned

Communities allow you to attach photos, and you simply click on them to fullscreen on your PS4. When you upload one to a community you can even crop it to your liking. You're also able to upload from the playstation app, so you don't have to depend on the share function only to upload.

I went ahead and made a community and added some wallpapers. Any chance of it being added to the OP?

Just search it in the ps4 communities and be sure to upload your own wallpapers.

I shared this idea a few days ago as well, good call on making the community a reality.

I'll join it tonight and share some of my wallpapers.

Cess007

Communities allow you to attach photos, and you simply click on them to fullscreen on your PS4. When you upload one to a community you can even crop it to your liking. You're also able to upload from the playstation app, so you don't have to depend on the share function only to upload.

I went ahead and made a community and added some wallpapers. Any chance of it being added to the OP?

Never thought of that. Joined. I love changing wallpapers on my devices :D

pixxxelz

Great idea, I'll join tonight.

TGO

Good idea, I've joined but not sure if its users own images but the quality ain't great on most of them, noticeable compression on most.

black070

Joined. :)

TGO

Just made a large donation to the community group

I hope the final update will let us have custom animated themes or use a short video edith using sharefactory as an animated theme.

dracula_x

Maybe a good idea to bump the PS3 XMB Extracted Game Backgrounds thread? LINK

btw, most games on PS4 have similar feature. When you launch any game, for a few seconds you can see art like that:

3ZtU9OE.png

Ash735

I'll share these around too, for those who want some minimalist style stuff and Rockstar related:

GTA IV

ib2xnA.PNG

TeyOSE.jpg

zO3G0y.jpg

mN9J8x.jpg

IoRIw0.jpg

DkhY1r.jpg

4B9mPx.jpg

xtB1N3.jpg

ZuhKLz.jpg

EFLC

ibMoQI.PNG

ibTosC.PNG

29kBik.jpg

j29jh8.jpg

Other Rockstar Titles

ibF0Mk.PNG

lanflc50.png

maxpayne3v4z1k.png

pic1jfyt4.png

KyleCross

btw, most games on PS4 have similar feature. When you launch any game, for a few seconds you can see art like that:

Bad news with this is you can only use the share function once the process has left the launching phase and has actually launched the game. That leaves you with around a second to press the share function before the image goes away, attempt to during the hidden "launching" part and it says no and you gotta exit the game and try again. Timing is a pain to get down.

dracula_x

Bad news with this is you can only use the share function once the process has left the launching phase and has actually launched the game. That leaves you with around a second to press the share function before the image goes away, attempt to during the hidden "launching" part and it says no and you gotta exit the game and try again. Timing is a pain to get down.

yep, true.

it could take several attempts to capture screen like that

BigEmil

where did you find the naruto ones?

Also how do you upload your custom background on ps4? Thanks

The Naruto wallpapers don't remember at all sorry these are just random wallpapers i found in my computer i uploaded some that may fit the PS4 dashboard main menu

As for uploading custom background you need to be in the Beta 4.5 firmware if your not in then you need to wait for the final version 4.5 which will be released to the public in around a month

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
The Naruto wallpapers don't remember at all sorry these are just random wallpapers i found in my computer i uploaded some that may fit the PS4 dashboard main menu

As for uploading custom background you need to be in the Beta 4.5 firmware if your not in then you need to wait for the final version 4.5 which will be released to the public in around a month

Ok so I went ahead and shared two images from this thread on my PS4(Found the zelda and the horizon zero dawn image that I Really liked) and right now its in my capture gallery but I have no idea how to have them be as my OWN background..when I go to the image(For some reason it set it as multiple images) it only gives me the option to share it, like on twitter and facebook so Im really confused not sure how to do this

Ok so I went ahead and shared two images from this thread on my PS4(Found the zelda and the horizon zero dawn image that I Really liked) and right now its in my capture gallery but I have no idea how to have them be as my OWN background..when I go to the image(For some reason it set it as multiple images) it only gives me the option to share it, like on twitter and facebook so Im really confused not sure how to do this
Settings > Themes > Select Theme > Custom > Select Image

Edit: from another thread I see that you're not actually on firmware 4.50. As the thread title suggests, custom wallpapers is a new feature in firmware 4.50.

Out of interest, for the new custom wallpaper setting, can you set it to shuffle through different screenshots or is it similar to before where just the one is locked in?

Does anyone know if the Pro supports 4K for wallpapers?

If so, anyone have a 4K wallpaper of the FFVII remake key art on the front page? Is it also possible to rotate wallpapers every set amount of time automatically?

Top Bottom