• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 4.5 - Official Wallpaper sharing thread

brawly

I remember someone saying you can save and apply pictures on the PS4 when browsing this thread. Is that true?

I remember someone saying you can save and apply pictures on the PS4 when browsing this thread. Is that true?
Yeah, just use the web browser on the PS4 to visit this thread, click the image you want to make it go full screen, move the pointer off the screen to the right, and then take a screenshot.

Carnby

Yeah, just use the web browser on the PS4 to visit this thread, click the image you want to make it go full screen, move the pointer off the screen to the right, and then take a screenshot.

Won't that make a lower quality picture as opposed to uploading the pic via USB?

Won't that make a lower quality picture as opposed to uploading the pic via USB?
Yes, any picture other than a screenshot you've taken of your own gameplay is going to get a little extra compression no matter what you do. Unfortunately you can't upload a pic via USB; that's the "something better" we're waiting for from Sony.

rsTgrnl.jpg

Thanks Sony for this feature

I can't even screenshot an image from my USB drive.

This feature is utterly broken.

Edit: because screenshotting a web browser image comes out compressed as fuck and cropped weird. The zoom feature on the web browser is trash.

Just a reminder this feature has been working swimmingly on PS3 for years and years.

I have been bitching about the lack of this feature for YEARS.
I'll be using this image, my go-to wallpaper image on every device I have:
This is frustrating because when I zoom in all the way on this image in the PS4 web browser, it's still not wide enough and there are visible borders on the right and left.

Also the PS4 doesn't let me screenshot this pic while I view it in the media player.

Any ideas?

BooJoh

This is frustrating because when I zoom in all the way on this image in the PS4 web browser, it's still not wide enough and there are visible borders on the right and left.

Also the PS4 doesn't let me screenshot this pic while I view it in the media player.

Any ideas?

You could try a higher resolution version. Here's one that's 1920 wide, so it should perfectly fit the PS4 in width.

If that doesn't work you could always resize it on a computer and reupload it.

Top Bottom