• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps4 GAF: How often do you use Spotify?

DavidDesu

Use it while playing Rocket League quite a lot, and currently using it to stream music on my TV whiel I'm sitting on my laptop. I absolutely LOVE how easy it is to jump between devices and continue playing. Seriously the integration here is fantastic, it's so well done and flawless. It made me and my girlfriend upgrade her account to the family one and I pay her half. She uses Spotify all the time in work since she's a tattooist so it's a win win for us. I pay gor Google Music but I've actually barely used it. Keep it for the fact my own music library is uploaded there, but I'm sure you get that for free with Google Music anyway so maybe time to cancel that £9 a month charge..

Would love Google Music integration on PS4 so I can access all my quirky stuff that isn't on Spotify, but I guess the Spotify deal is pretty exclusive for them sadly. Hope this feature is now locked in for all future consoles, it's that good and essential.

I use it while playing more relaxing games such as Steep, cruising down the mountain to custom soundtracks. Occasionally on games like Rocket League as well where sound isn't as important.

Kremzeek

All the time, but not when playing a game, and usually always from my phone since the PS4 app is so limited.

farisr

Use it on PS4 when friends are over and we're playing COD or Rocket League or something.

Use it on PC everyday.

if i know i'll be in a huge side-quest binge in a game or multiplayer for a while, definitely. if i know i'll be in story/narrative stuff then i usually pause it. controls on the phone are super handy.

Poona

Never.

I don't have an account but even if I did I don't think I'd use that or similar service. I prefer to listen to what the game intended me to hear rather than putting something else on it.

squidyj

I'd use it more if the games I played allowed me to
Nioh
Horizon
Let it Die

When I was doing my 3rd to 13th characters in Bloodborne I would play it all the time
Come on Eileen, Werewolves of London, Bad Moon Rising, etc etc.

NightOnyx

I use it a lot, mainly when I'm playing multiplayer/coop games. I use spotify on my computer or phone every day though. Great service and getting to use it on my PS4 makes it even better.

FZW

Never, its the only music steaming service that doesn't work in my country (or any country I travel to).

sucks that Sony doesn't allow other music services.

I've never used it on PS4, but I use it religiously to download and play all the music I want while driving. Best monthly investment ever. Only time I ever listen to music while gaming is when I play Halo. At that point, I use Spoticast, a third party Spotify app for Xbox.

NoKisum

Yeah, normally when traveling around games with big worlds (GTA V, FFXV, No Man's Sky). Really wish I could use it in Pirate Warriors 3 and DOA5LR, but Tecmo Koei blocks playing your own music out. Sucks since the music in those games gets really repetitive and annoying in a long session.

Toli08

Daily. However, never really on my ps4. I feel it takes me out of the game and ruins the atmosphere. I use Spotify more when Im driving around or working.

mokeyjoe

Never.

I'm an immersion type player so this whole concept is like alien language to me, lol.

I know what you mean, but it depends on the game though, surely. Something like Driveclub works in an immersion sense as you'd probably be listening to your own music when driving.

Top Bottom