• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps4 GAF: How often do you use Spotify?

psyfi

Banned
Spotify is the only way I listen to music, and I use it daily on my computer and phone, but never on my PS4. Not sure why I would, honestly.

Mumford

I use it almost everyday, always controlled through either my phone or my laptop. The only real drawbacks I find to it are that I can't play local music files saved on my phone or computer, and the (thankfully, very rare) times where the PS client decides to jank out. It's functional, and I like it. I wish they would add the ability to download music directly to the console like you can on other devices, though. That's really all I have to say it on it, lol. Not really much of an audiophile so I can't comment too much on that front.

I use it all the time when playing GTA Online. I've turned the in-game music volume to zero and just play my own specific GTA Playlist. It's awesome, there's nothing like flying a cargobob with a stolen car swinging from the bottom while awesome music pumps out of your speakers :)

xJavonta

Banned
Never. I subscribe to Apple Music.
I was an Apple Music stan but after realizing how Spotify works with everything under the sun I switched. I love it but I miss some of the UI features of AM

As for the OP: occasionally. I don't really play multiplayer games and when I'm playing a single player game I typically like to enjoy the world

Nielm

Hardly ever on PS4. I hate the UI, it's always slow for me. The sound quality is pretty poor too, and I have Spotify Premium.

Hardly ever on PS4. I hate the UI, it's always slow for me. The sound quality is pretty poor too, and I have Spotify Premium.

Sound quality is pretty bad, but it works when playing a game like Rocket League where you're not relying on sound cues or story elements.

Kyoufu

i never use it. If I'm playing a game I always prefer to listen to the game's music and sound and if I want to listen to music other times, I'd just use my laptop.

uceenk

nope

i don't like to hear external music while i play, i'm also not interested to use it as standalone music device, my TV is kinda suck, the sound is not amazing as my phone

i only play Spotify on laptop/phone

holygeesus

Banned
I used this for the first time, when mopping up collectables in The Sexy Brutale and it worked great. However, it doesn't seem to duck gameplay audio enough for my liking. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Floody

If the game allows it, whenever I'm grinding for something, it's really well implemented.

I used this for the first time, when mopping up collectables in The Sexy Brutale and it worked great. However, it doesn't seem to duck gameplay audio enough for my liking. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I just lower in-game audio from the game's settings. And higher the Spotify audio until I'm happy.

We used to use the PS4 as the main Spotify player but since we noticed it does not upmix to 5.1 we switched to the firetv which does upmix to all speakers

i loved using it when I had the og PS4. Would have it on in the background while I did other things on my computer or whatever.

Off topic real quick:
Does anyone know why my tv goes crazy when the PS4 pro has hdcp on? It's driving me crazy and I can't use any of its media features since I have to turn hdcp off.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Used spotify on holiday for music.
Downloaded all playslists for offline listening.
Cause i had crappy internet at holiday location.

Spotify decided to update and i lost all my downloaded songs with no means to redownload. Because super slow insternet.

Emailed spotify for a refund. They refused.
So now i am using deezer

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i never listen to it on PS4. i just don't like listening to music when playing games unless it's something like Diablo 3 or Rocket League. it's constantly running on my PC when i'm not playing games though or on my phone when i'm out.

persona5
mementos
+
kungfu kenny DAMN

rejoice.png

Venuspower

Never.
Because it is causing a strange disconnecting bug while I am in parties.
Eventhough I do not have it open I get "network errors" that are forcing me to leave the party. Since I removed the Spotify App I do not have any issues anymore.
Found some other people in the www who had the same issue. They told something about "the app is continually for other devices in the local network". Which is probably causing the bug.

fantomena

Almost everyday. However Im eager to try Google Play Music, but Im not show if Im gonna bother making my Spotify playlist all over again, in GPM.

I don't use Spotify, I use Tidal but hell no. There are much more convenient devices to stream music content from.

Like a phone. Everyone has a phone or computer and they interface with those services way better than a controller ever could.

barit

Almost daily. Because everytime before I've to go to work I play one of my playlist and making breakfast. PS4 is the fastest way to do this too. It's awesome

poussi

I listen to music pretty much exclusively through Spotify nowadays, but have never used the Spotify app on my PS4. I guess if I wanted to listen to some other music while playing a game it would be nice (maybe Tetris or some racing or sports games), but I don't really have games like that on PS4.

shandy706

I've never tried Spotify. I've also never tried any apps on my PS4. I just play games on it.

I've used IHeartRadio and the app that lets you play music during games on X1 (but that is rare).

If I could, I'd use my Amazon Prime music account on everything. I pay $7.99 for it and use it to stream over Bluetooth in my car.

Top Bottom