• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 GIFS | Chrome warning is the new 56k warning

Way to turn a decent thread in a big trollfest a few posts in.
Good job.

So because I'm not as impressed by certain gifs as you are that means I'm trolling? Ok? I have a PS4 preordered and have so since June 10th. Perhaps you should accept that not everybody shares your enthusiasm with certain games instead of simply being lazy and accuse them of trolling.

Sylver

Banned
i0X6fpW1OglUW.gif

RIME

Theecliff

Banned
Explain to me what is so impressive about DriveClub and Killzone?

Real time lighting, trackside detail (foliage, etc.) and texture quality is definitely a step above of what we've seen on current gen in Driveclub. And if you can't see what's so impressive about Killzone then you might want to get your eyes checked.

It'd be cool if this was a "next gen GIFS" thread, but I suppose we have to keep working dat Playstation bias.
Seriously? Why the hell are you so salty? If you want an Xbox One and/or WiiU gif thread why not make your own?

Real time lighting, trackside detail (foliage, etc.) and texture quality is definitely a step above of what we've seen on current gen in Driveclub. And if you can't see what's so impressive about Killzone then you might want to get your eyes checked.

Killzone PS4 multiplayer gifs look nice as I said but I don't see how they're significantly improved and upgraded compared to say KZ3 multiplayer gifs. KZ PS4 SP looks impressive. MP? Meh.

It'd be cool if this was a "next gen GIFS" thread, but I suppose we have to keep working dat Playstation bias.

As the OP I do have an inherent bias. I also figure it would cut down on pissing contests. It would be 20 pages of driveclub vs forza bickering. This way, if someone wants to make a xbox one thread it can remain somewhat on topic. Though we're obviously getting trolled pretty hard right now anyway...

Majmun

Complaining about the lack of X1/WiiU gifs in a Ps4 gif thread...lol

And all the games looks great, except for the Shadow of the Beast.

Rime will be day 1. No matter what.

Theecliff

Banned
Killzone PS4 multiplayer gifs look nice as I said but I don't see how they're significantly improved and upgraded compared to say KZ3 multiplayer gifs. KZ PS4 SP looks impressive. MP? Meh.

I think you might want to look back at KZ3's multiplayer and watch the new KZ:SF multiplayer footage before making claims like that.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm really impressed with how Chrome is handling these gifs.

Also impressed with how the PS4 is handling these games.

RoKKeR

As the OP I do have an inherent bias. I also figure it would cut down on pissing contests. It would be 20 pages of driveclub vs forza bickering. This way, if someone wants to make a xbox one thread it can remain somewhat on topic. Though we're obviously getting trolled pretty hard right now anyway...

Fair point.

So because I'm not as impressed by certain gifs as you are that means I'm trolling? Ok? I have a PS4 preordered and have so since June 10th. Perhaps you should accept that not everybody shares your enthusiasm with certain games instead of simply being lazy and accuse them of trolling.

What do you expect the answers to be when you say empty statements like "meh, not impressive"?

People are reciprocating the effort you're putting in your own posts. If you want a good discussion to arise from your posts maybe write something a little deeper than "GAME X DOESN'T LOOK GOOD AS GAME Y"

Fair point.

I do recommend doing it though. There's a large amount of nice looking Xb1 gifs around. It takes longer to round them all up than I figured (post probably took an hour and fifteen minutes when all was said and done) but man it makes a helluva visual impact.

Nope. you're definetly wrong about that. Majority of thoes are in-engine. The only one that might be CG is shadow of the beast.

this is a very strange pre-launch period.

on one hand we have the PC crowd saying the current consoles are only as good as "mid range PCs" and not impressive

and on the other hand there's another crowd that claims all images are CGI and can't possibly be done by the PS4/xbone.

so which is it?

DieH@rd

Banned
[I dont know if pomf.se will be happy about me image tagging this :D So I reccomend that someone save it and rehoste it if you can find host that will accept it]
7Hk2.gif

Next up... Dark Sorcerer. :D

You're missing the dark sorcerer and Deep Down. Otherwise it's a pretty good list.

Dark Sorcerer isn't actually a game... and I'm not as trusting about those february videos of Deep Down because more recent screenshots look crappy. I'm not against putting target renders and whatnot in the post but I also don't want to mislead... kinda difficult balancing act. But people are more than welcome to add whatever they want to the thread and I'll keep updating the OP as well.

Top Bottom