• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 hardware design unveiled

IcyEyes

Awesome look!

I cant really understand why some people say the ps4 looks like the x1 ...

Anyway, pretty modern look and I'm happy the top surface is flat ... the curvy hood of the ps3 its pretty annoying.

The size and the wright its pretty impressive.

Is that slight superstation between gloss and matte an LED strip?

If so, boss!

Awesome look!

I cant really understand why some people say the ps4 looks like the x1 ...

Anyway, pretty modern look and I'm happy the top surface is flat ... the curvy hood of the ps3 its pretty annoying.

The size and the wright its pretty impressive.

To me, it looks like a modern-revisionist extension, of the PS2 lineage.

A good thing.

Grinchy

Banned
I love how everyone who hated the Xbox One design is now saying that they love the PS4 design.

Have you actually kept track of the people who hated the first one and loved the second one? Or are you just pulling this argument out of your ass?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Power switch is the end of that LED(?) strip, on the front between the matte and glossy sections.

[qupte]
ps4-hrdware-large4.jpg
[/quote]

Cromat

It's a variation on the PS2 design, which is good. I think it is really nice and I was very surprised at how small it is. It's easily the most aestethically pleasing console this generation.

Yasir

How it looks now doesn't matter (though it looks amazing) ... the important question is, how will it look in white?

:D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I like the double stack design. It looks like it's small enough too.

I don't like that there is not a rear usb port. Connecting the camera is going to make not as streamlined as it would be if there were a rear usb port. I do wonder if in the middle where the blue is if that is an led that maybe changes colors or if it's just a solid cover panel.

Midas

I don't like that there is not a rear usb port. Connecting the camera is going to make not as streamlined as it would be if there were a rear usb port. I do wonder if in the middle where the blue is if that is an led that maybe changes colors or if it's just a solid cover panel.

The camera has its own input/output connector at the back.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Caayn

Has anyone seen a pic clearly showing how a disk is inserted? I assume half of the top swivels open like the PS2 slim.
There's clearly a disc slot visible on the left of the two USB ports. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a top loader. Besides I prefer a disc slot over tray.

You can see it in the picture above your post.
Oh dang, you're right. Had to turn the screen brightness all the way up though. Barely noticeable.

I'm glad it's not a disc tray or that you have to open a lid. Stuff breaks.

Design looks alright I guess. Though the PS3 Slim looks better, imo. Sony shouldn't have added the glossy left top.

suedester

Banned
I think it's quite easy on the eye. Looks like someone has put some thought into it rather than just producing a black box.

Mitchings

Banned
It has one design flaw..

The USB slots are sunk in, so if you have a USB stick/device or USB connector that is thicker than normal, it won't fit.

I also feel the logo placements are a little off kilter.

I made some adjustments...

ps4me_2.jpg

besada

Banned
I think it's a nice looking box. Of course, I also think the XBone is a nice looking box. Both are industrial modern in black. They'll fit perfectly in my entertainment rack.

Feorax

How many controllers can be hooked up at once? It was. 7 on the PS3, but only really sports games took advantage of that. I assume it's probably 4 on this machine?

Sickbean

How many controllers can be hooked up at once? It was. 7 on the PS3, but only really sports games took advantage of that. I assume it's probably 4 on this machine?

I doubt I could find even 4 people IRL to play PS4 games with me anymore :(

Stupid getting old.

Laranja

It has one design flaw..

The USB slots are sunk in, so if you have a USB stick/device or USB connector that is thicker than normal, it won't fit.

I also feel the logo placements are a little off kilter.

I made some adjustments...

ps4me_2.jpg

I actually like it better this way. Nice work!

Top Bottom