• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"PS4 is better than PS3, Last gen was the worst!"

PS3

3D Dot game heroes
Resistance FoM
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Ratchet ToD
Ratchet Qfb
Ratchet ACIT
Ratchet itn
Ratchet A40
Ratchet FFA
Infamous 1
Infamous 2
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
TLOU
God of war 3
God of war ascension
Warhawk
Starhawk
Socom
Socom navy seal
LBP1
LBP2
LBP Karting
Modnation karting
GT5
GT6
Demon's Souls
Heavenly Sword
Katamari Forever
Motorstorm
Motorstorm apocalypse
Motorstorm pacific rift
PSASBR
Puppeteer
Siren Blood curse
Sly cooper thieves in time
White Knight chronicles
White knight chronicles 2
Untold legends Dark Kingdom
FolkLore
Ridge Racer 7
MAG
Lair
Haze
Genji days of blade
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
LocoRoco Cocorecho
MGS4

PS4
God of war
TLOU2
Infamous SS
Killzone SF
HZD
the order 1886
Gravity Rush 2
The Last guardian
Uncharted 4
Days Gone
Spiderman
Kojima weird stuff
Knack
Knack 2
GTS
Until dawn
Ratchet and clank
Driveclub
Bloodborne
Ghost of tsushima

Last edited:
Bloodborne alone is better than the entirety of the PS3 list.

This is the best generation in my 30 years of gaming... easily

bloodborne takes a couple of days to beat.

I enjoyed resistance more than bloodborne even if that was a great game. silly fucking argument.

the variety of last gen alone puts it ahead of this one. how many fucking games here are action adventure 3rd person games? about half.

its funny how all the people that I ignored are the ones commenting

"HURR DURR QUALITY>QUANTITY"

there are more 85+ metacritic games on the PS3 list than the PS4. by probably DOUBLE. fuck off with your bullshit untrue argument

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
With Gravity rush 1 and 2 are more than enough to say that is not only best gen... are best game that i have the pleasure to play in my life.

BTW.... White Knight Chronicles and Pupetter are amazing too.

in the list you miss Rain and Tokyo Jungle from Japan Studio.

and 3D Dot game heroes is not a sony game, is from Sillicon Studio

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
There is far more variety in all genres this gen then last. Maybe not published by Sony but doesn’t matter. White knight chronicles vs dq11 and witcher? The latter, no contest

The quality of sony’s output is better this gen than last anyway. Getting less by the numbers naugty dog games and ratshit and stank is an improvement.

God of War and Bloodborne utterly decimate the entire generation of PS3 exclusives

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Last generation overall was great but in regards to PlayStation 3 exclusives versus PlayStation 4 exclusives, it's not even close as I only had 5 last gen but am already over 20 for this gen. So in this regard, PS4 easily wins for me.

Lukin1978

I've played way more ps4 than ps3 but that's not saying much since xbox 360 was my main console last gen. My ps3 was an afterthought

BlueLyria

To be honest, i prefer the PS3 generation too, but that may be because i was younger with a lot more of free time. Overall, i feel like this gen wasn't as good as people say it is.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I was told there was no variety. Here’s discount halo... I mean Killzone ... I mean resistance...

Yeah. and in the list are put the amount of games but... is Uncharted 1, 2, 3. Killone 2, 3... I mean there 6 Ratchet games... thats why the list is huge.

Gamernyc78

Banned
bloodborne takes a couple of days to beat.

I enjoyed resistance more than bloodborne even if that was a great game. silly fucking argument.

the variety of last gen alone puts it ahead of this one. how many fucking games here are action adventure 3rd person games? about half.

its funny how all the people that I ignored are the ones commenting

"HURR DURR QUALITY>QUANTITY"

there are more 85+ metacritic games on the PS3 list than the PS4. by probably DOUBLE. fuck off with your bullshit untrue argument

Seriously ps3 towards mid gen just hit a great pace. Also Resistance 3 had one of the best fps campaigns ever, Uncharted 2 was just amazing and pinnacle of console graphics, Killzone 2 mp awesome and TLOU well thts my gane of the generation, not to mention yes I love Bloodborne but ps3 has Demon Souls which introduced me to From games and made me fall in love with them.

Reactions: Isa

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
3D Dot game heroes

Ok

Resistance FoM

Ok for a launch title

Resistance 2

Shit. Co-op was fun for like 2 matches.

Resistance 3

Nobody played this.

Ratchet ToD
Ratchet Qfb
Ratchet ACIT
Ratchet itn
Ratchet A40
Ratchet FFA

Shit.

Infamous 1
Infamous 2

Shit.

Twisted Metal

Is this a joke?

Uncharted 1

Shit.

Uncharted 2

Good.

Uncharted 3

Ok.

Good.

God of war 3

Good.

God of war ascension

Shit.

Good.

Nobody played this.

Socom
Socom navy seal

Shit.

LBP1
LBP2
LBP Karting
Modnation karting

Shit. So is LBP3.

[jazz intensifies]

Good.

Demon's Souls

Good.

Heavenly Sword

Shit.

Katamari Forever

Ok.

Motorstorm
Motorstorm apocalypse

Shit.

Motorstorm pacific rift

Good.

Shit.
Puppeteer

Nobody played this.

Siren Blood curse

Ok.

Sly cooper thieves in time

Who gives a shit.

White Knight chronicles
White knight chronicles 2

Shit.

Untold legends Dark Kingdom

lol

Shit, despite a nice art style.

Ridge Racer 7

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Genji days of blade

Shit.

Killzone 2

Good.

Killzone 3

Ok.
LocoRoco Cocorecho

Is this even a real game?

It's an objective opinion but I agree, the PS3/Xbox360 generation was pretty bad for me personally. I barely played any console games and mainly played PC exclusives that still didn't blow me away or anything. It could also be because I had a legit career occupation that paid good money (enough to buy whatever games and consoles I wanted) towards the end of the PS3 and beginning of PS4 generations so I really only started following and getting hype for general gaming news at that time. Beforehand, I only really cared about one or two games a year because I knew I couldn't afford to play anything else besides what I would consider the top of the pile. Now, I can experience stuff that maybe doesn't blow me away but allows me to participate in the collective excitement for a title.

Codes 208

-shitty online quality
-no party chat
-mediocre controller
-lesser third party ports
-launched super expensive
-i will gladly take bloodborne and gow alone over 95% of that list.
-haze? Seriously? That shitty halo killer wannabe? Killzone 2 ill give you but holy shit lol at haze.

I migrated to ps4 from the 360 because thats how good the ps4 was. I cant say the same about the ps3 as it was my least favorite of last gen.

Yeah.

for me The last generation: wii, xbox 360, ps3... was the worst experience of my life.

The 7th gen was.... certainly a mixed bag.

A lot of it was awful but there was certainly a fair number of great games too, in fact Dead Rising, Bioshock and Portal are among my all time favorite games, albeit from the earlier, more experimental days of the gen.

So it wasn't all bad, but to say it was an.... awkward time for gaming is putting it lightly, the gen prior and this gen are better.

jakinov

IMO. PS3 was a bad platform that had a handful of good exclusive games. The PlayStation 4 was miles better in almost every way as a platform. The PS3 operating system was a mess; looked pretty but bad UX; lacked online features/services; lacked OS features; performed poorly. The PS3 didn't break as much as the 360 but they made horrible choices for hardware that made things worse for the user and developers unless you wanted a cheap blu-ray player.

Also a lot of the games you mentioned had really low reach.

VertigoOA

Banned
I don’t think even think of it as PS3 vs PS4. Aside from the unusual length of last gen, across the board this gen had an ridiculous quality, from Nintendo to Sony to third party greats. While Microsoft may have dropped the ball without anything halo-like this gen... in the end I can say that I enjoyed this gen as much as the GameCube/ps2/xbx console war. And the strides made in online multiplayer gaming has me just as excited as when I first fell in love with online gaming with halo 2 and rallisport/pgr.

Last edited:

Bkdk

I spend 90% playtime on my PC but had more fun with Sony last gen though I only play ps3 in my friend’s home. Never get into from softwares’ games. Also I find uncharted slightly more fun than last of us. Doesn’t enjoy the story direction god of war is going for either.

womfalcs3

Banned
Nostalgia talking, but I had some memorable times with the PS3. I've played 1 game a year on PS4, and haven't had enough time to justify paying for online.

I played almost all those exclusives for PS3. I maybe only played 3 (and 7 overall) on PS4.

Bigdaddydom

Neo Member
TBH I'm skipping sony next gen because

1. I finally have a good gaming PC and
2. Sony's new draconian policies and backwards ass thinking and ego have turned me off of them hard

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Outside BB I didn't like a single first party game
Third party had 4 exclusives I enjoyed
So that itself is better than my experience with the Ps3
Honestly I enjoyed my 360 more.
SO PS4 WINS

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
This is the first generation where vision hasn't outpaced technology. We're at a point going forward that creativity in games will only be limited by how well people can tell the machines what to do and what to show us.

Now, I do have to admit that I have played more bad games on the PS4 than I did on the PS3, there's no denying that. But the best games I've played on the PS4 have been far and away the best games I've ever played.

RobRSG

Ok

Ok for a launch title

Shit. Co-op was fun for like 2 matches.

Nobody played this.

Shit.

Shit.

Is this a joke?

Shit.

Good.

Ok.

Good.

Good.

Shit.

Good.

Nobody played this.

Shit.

Shit. So is LBP3.

[jazz intensifies]

Good.

Good.

Shit.

Ok.

Shit.

Good.

Shit.

Nobody played this.

Ok.

Who gives a shit.

Shit.

lol

Shit, despite a nice art style.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Good.

Ok.

Is this even a real game?

Shit. Is that even a post?

meirl

Banned
Bloodborne alone is better than the entirety of the PS3 list.

This is the best generation in my 30 years of gaming... easily

I still don’t get the hype about that game. I mean, it’s good, yes. But not THAT good. Nothing special. Not really that different compared to dark souls.
Don’t overhype that game.

Top Bottom