• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"PS4 is better than PS3, Last gen was the worst!"

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
So you're saying Sony needs to make the same game over and over again like they did in the PS3 days?

Raziel

Alienation
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
DJMax Respect
Drawn to Death
Dreams
Earth Defense Force 5
Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain
Everybody's Golf
Firewall: Zero Hour
Fist of the North Star
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Infamous: First Light
Inpatient
Judgment
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter
Legend of Heroes: ToCS 3
Matterfall
Project Sakura Wars
Resogun
Shadow of the Beast
Tetris Effect
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Witch and the Hundred Knght 2

going out on a limb too and say all of these are/will be better than genji, haze, lair, untold legends, etc.

Last edited:

Raziel

Knack

Knack 2.

the order 1886

PS3 had better ratchet games than ratchet ps4

better infamous games than infamous SS

Better killzone games than Killzone SF

Better GT games than GTS.

what is your argument against that?

spider-man > any ps3 ratchet

horizon zero dawn > any killzone

god of war ps4 > any ps3 god of war

ghosts of tsushima also looks much cooler than any infamous.

other than that

bloodborne = demons souls

and if dreams and tlou2 deliver, then media molecule and naughty dog's ps4 output will match their ps3 output in quality.

Manus

Can we also agree the XMB is so much better than the crappy PS4 OS we have now? XMB may be kinda clumsy, but it's beautiful.

mLqNAq.gif

Still the GOAT theme.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I mean... I hated last gen. Hated. I hated it at the time, and I hate it now. It was a pretty rough transition to HD, particularly for Japanese devs, and Western devs were obsessed with bigger, increasingly empty open-worlds and chasing that calladuty dollar. Performance on last gen systems was pretty abysmal, too. I'm having a hell of a lot more fun this gen.

Did the OP play all of those games listed, including the upcoming Death Stranding and Ghosts of Tsushima, to come to the conclusion that PS4 generation is better than the PS3? Why not wait until the current console generation is over?

Last edited:
Did the OP play all of those games listed, including the upcoming Death Stranding and Ghosts of Tsushima, to come to the conclusion that PS4 generation is better than the PS3? Why not wait until the current console generation is over?

i did. you didn't bother reading the list you lazy

Last edited:

FranXico

i did. you didn't bother reading the list you lazy
The list containing games that have not even been released yet?
PS3
[...]

PS4
God of war
TLOU2
Infamous SS
Killzone SF
HZD
the order 1886
Gravity Rush 2
The Last guardian
Uncharted 4
Days Gone
Spiderman
Kojima weird stuff
Knack
Knack 2
GTS
Until dawn
Ratchet and clank
Driveclub
Bloodborne
Ghost of tsushima
Which you claim to have played all of?

It's a head scratcher to me how someone could not prefer today to 2009-2012.

2009-2012 was the absolute bottom of the barrel for gaming, not that there weren't still standout games from then, but I think of crap like Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Ninja Gaiden 3 and so many other games chasing after the Call of Duty audience.

(...)
Again, 2009 to 2012 was way worse.

While I agree that everyone was trying to ride on the success of CoD during that period, that's also being selective. The past generation was/is overall better compared to this one.

That's pretty ironic considering how reliant this generation has been on reboots, remasters and remakes. This excuse is growing tiresome.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
OP

Several questions.

What did you compare ? PS3 vs PS4 games ? Or just Sony's outputs + a few other publishers ?

I never bought a PlayStation for Sony games (Lair !?! What's the point of listing it ?)

The last generation was far too and the current will probably release its last title in 2023...

Then choose like 5 years to compare or wait the end of the current gen.
Add other publishers to your comparison.

PS3 had FFXIII(s), PS4 FFXV but... FFVII remake is coming.

Try to edit your list and give for example 5 titles by publisher(not a endless list with 3 or 4 Sony boring FPS:/)

Waiting for your edit... I like both gen so far.

PS3 was the darkest point in Playstations history.

When I think of PS3 I think of Crazy Ken, Phill Harrison, Dual Shock 3("rumble ruins games!"), Playstation Move, Playstation Home, PSN Hack that took that shitty online infrastructure down for months, The terrible UI, all the bad multiplatform titles with poor framerates, and the many disappointing first party exclusives like Haze, Lair and so on.

Playstation 1 and 2 were game changers. Those consoles had games that really pushed the creative envelope. Cannot say that PS3 had a game besides TLOU that ever felt like it changed anything. I sure as fuck don't look back at any PS3 exclusive besides that and think to myself that it is something I am still dying to play.

The Xbox 360 Output was so, so much better overall.

BigBooper

I agree with you on the games, but the PS3 Os and hardware completely ruins the experience of playing them. It feels like what I do on the controller goes through a frame skipper with a delay built in.

I'd argue that the PS2 and PS3 library of first-party games is not only larger, but more diverse.

Most of the first-party PS4 games that aren't racing games or platformers are third-person action adventure games with stealth elements.

Cool, Sony making more single-player games is great, but it doesn't matter much when their single-player games still use the same fundamental gameplay elements.

Give me a first-party character action game (Not including any soulsbornes) on PS4 or PS5, and I'll eat my words.

Pejo

Last I checked, PS4 doesn't have this:

playstation_home_screenshot_official_website.jpg
It's a shame this was mismanaged so badly. I still think that it could have been unique if they'd have really put the effort in. At least I got hours of laughter watching dudes walk up to any female avatar and start hitting on them almost immediately.

Regarding the OP, I think PS3 was a better system. Especially the phat with BC. The exclusives were more plentiful and more varied. PS4 has coasted by on the fact that they are the industry leader again and it's made PS really boring.

jakinov

Can we also agree the XMB is so much better than the crappy PS4 OS we have now? XMB may be kinda clumsy, but it's beautiful.

mLqNAq.gif

Still the GOAT theme.
The actual PS4 OS is way better. The PS3 OS is garbage. The XMB (as a UI) isn't as great for gaming or optimal to navigate. It does let you organize your stuff slightly better but I'd rather have a grid library view (that takes advantage of the width of my screen too) than a vertical list that's split in 5 sections. Most users are probably going to have not many media apps so dividing it up by photos, images, videos doesn't seem worthwhile IMO. The new UI also lets them put emphasis/focus on certain things better which is arguably better from a UX pov.

lock2k

Banned
I like several PS4 exclusives and I can't wait to pick one up again.

That said, I prefer the PS3 by a country mile and the PS2 crushes both of them.

Top Bottom