• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 leaking white stuff as well? (Pics inside)

breakfuss

ps3 had debacles?

To a lesser extent than 360, but yes.

Anecdotal evidence does not reflect the truth of the matter, all mass produced items have inherent failure rates.

I remember the Wii U issue of some bricking or controllers not working / syncing out of the box and plenty of people have suffered dead Apple products.

Your experiences form your bias, and not an accurate reflection of the truth.

Okay. So you're suggesting Apple & Nintendo are plagued with as many hardware issues as we saw with PS3 and 360. Come on. Google is only a click away. I'm not the only person who had their Playstation display die multiple times. I'm not the only person who had a 360 die, and while I didn't buy a PS3 at launch, I know a few people who did and none of them use it anymore. But, of course, it's just me.

televator

Anecdotal evidence does not reflect the truth of the matter, all mass produced items have inherent failure rates.

I remember the Wii U issue of some bricking or controllers not working / syncing out of the box and plenty of people have suffered dead Apple products.

Your experiences form your bias, and not an accurate reflection of the truth.

Some products have higher failure rates than others. I'd rather they be lower, but last gen showed the trend was that they were actually going up so I skipped launch for the PS4. You might call it "gutless", but I say I'm being smart with my limited funds. I could resort to using unsavory names for people buying hardware without the slightest assurance to the quality, but I don't think I'll go to your level there.

nasanu

Banned
If it is coming from the console it can not be on the inside and all over the back. It seems to be something sprayed on by some idiot.

angrygnat

I pay 400 bucks for something, i think somethings wrong with it, i sure as hell aint going to tear it down and void the warrantee. This is all a bunch of crap. If you have that kind of residue it didnt just grow in there. It came from something. A capacitor. A heat sink compound melting. Burnt boards. None of these brain geniuses seem to have the slightest curiosity as to whats causing it. Electronic equipment has a distinctive smell when it burns. Weve all caught a whiff of that from time to time. You have jackasses that want attention. Crash websites. Make crazy comments. Say they witnessed murders when they really didnt. Why? Because theyre assholes. Who knows. This stinks of some kind of concocted bullshit. These consoles have been out there for long enough. If there were catastrophic issues wed have heard about it already. Failures here and there. A crash once in a while. If something smokes MS or Sony is replacing it. Some fanboys on either side cant stand it that the launches went off as well as they did. So they have to start their own controversy. Like spoiled brats.

DonMigs85

I just recently got a PS4, and it also has that white powdery residue around the vents. Wonder if Sony or Foxconn are aware of this or if it's "normal"

MormaPope

Banned
I just recently got a PS4, and it also has that white powdery residue around the vents. Wonder if Sony or Foxconn are aware of this or if it's "normal"

xfiles_2.jpg

Honestly if its bad enough you should return it and get a new PS4.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It's either asbestos or the Ebola virus. Just wear a mask and wash your hands, she'll be right.

DonMigs85

Honestly if its bad enough you should return it and get a new PS4.

It's not that bad, and the machine appears to run just fine with a low hum to the fan. I'm thinking it's soap residue or factory dust or something.
I do wonder if the white PS4 has the same issue. It won't be as visible there.

Top Bottom