• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 mass production is happening (Leaked pictures on Chinese board)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
naamloosxjakv.png

Most probably devs told him about the GPU difference. This ist still news for people? x_x

Mikey Jr.

He was the Creative Director at People Can Fly which was an Epic studio recently. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but in my humble opinion if he's asking about next-gen consoles he would ask people he knows, so it's very likely he's asking people that work for Epic which uses the Unreal 4 engine.

Well both Mr. Penello and Major Nelson has publicly stated that the truth will set us free and the PS4 will not be 30%+ more powerful than the One. So if we have a dev saying that there is a 50% speed difference, it has to be in favor of the All-in-One entertainment system.

Do you really believe Microsoft guys would publicly lie to our face? C'mon that never happens and don't forget Microsoft developed Direct X!

Whoopsie doodle!

I honestly can't tell if Nhale was being serious or not with the "microsoft wouldn't lie" bit, but i don't know if he's going to come back after that tweet...

NHale

Somebody should tell Albert Penello. He seems unaware of what devs are saying.

C'mon don't be cruel. Do you want him to have a bigger meltdown than he had the other day on a Saturday night? Let him enjoy the weekend.

Now I'm hoping that I didn't cause any problems to Adrian Chmielarz. He's very open on twitter and a great guy.

Talk about bad timing, ehh Nhale?

Was it really?

I honestly can't tell if Nhale was being serious or not with the "microsoft wouldn't lie" bit, but i don't know if he's going to come back after that tweet...

If anyone was still guessing I was joking from the start. I guessed it was evident but apparently it wasn't.

Deadstar

Already have the ps4 preordered but very excited to hear this. My jaw will hit the floor if Deep Down comes out and looks like the trailer shown at E3.

NHale

Why ?
He isn't directly involved and his friends remain anonymous since he didn't particularly quoted someone.

Because clearly Microsoft doesn't want this to be publicly and he's now an indie developer that will probably apply to the ID program with Microsoft. Now he tweets this and all propaganda from Albert Penello and Major Nelson goes out of the window...

I'm going to guess this isn't going to give him an easier time getting approved.

Pennywise

Because clearly Microsoft doesn't want this to be publicly and he's now an indie developer that will probably apply to the ID program with Microsoft. Now he tweets this and all propaganda from Albert Penello and Major Nelson goes out of the window...

I'm going to guess this isn't going to give him an easier time getting approved.

He isn't directly involved as far as we can see.
So, he just told us about other devs that stated their opinion.
There are other devs who were directly involved like the DICE guy who had no trouble.

Guess again.
iCYZpHirVMbvL.png

This is the fastest I've seen anyone eat a flock of crows.

Wow this thread just took an epic monumental turn. Going back to read after the first tweet was posted is comedy gold. What an awesome turn of events just for the fun its giving me. Looks like we may have some scrambling to edit their posts Lil...

50% faster on Unreal4? That's a huge difference.

DBT85

Well both Mr. Penello and Major Nelson has publicly stated that the truth will set us free and the PS4 will not be 30%+ more powerful than the One. So if we have a dev saying that there is a 50% speed difference, it has to be in favor of the All-in-One entertainment system.

Do you really believe Microsoft guys would publicly lie to our face? C'mon that never happens and don't forget Microsoft developed Direct X!

My eyes are melting from all the sarcasm.

DC1

Here it is but unfortunately I'm afraid it will not exactly please you but this is the evidence:

mGoYRv7.jpg

https://twitter.com/adrianchm/status/375992980634480640

Considering who he is and who he worked for, you can safely guess who he is talking to, so Microsoft has to be happy that Unreal 4 games are showing a 50% speed advantage on the One compared to PS4.
Your post is confusing. He says that the ps4 is 50% more powerful in his twitter thread. Confirming the statements from many other "AAA" devs.
He is either supporting the assertion or putting him self at odds with the majority.

Maybe the truth that will set us free is that Microsoft is going to be adopting a yearly upgrade and XBox One 2 will be next year and be more powerful, and then the XBox One 3G, etc.

DBT85

Is it just me, or does that front look square on, not slanted?

I thought the same when I looked at it earlier.

I can only assume its either perspective playing tricks or a dev unit where they didn't bother with the slopey slopes.

Top Bottom