• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped

harz-marz

To be honest, I haven't a clue. I live in the U.S. I'm just hoping it is proper and useful.

Main link to the myHermes site is U.K. Parcel shipping:
https://www.myhermes.co.uk/

Support on their site seems to include Live Chat:
https://support.myhermes.co.uk/app/...L3RpbWUvMTQ3ODgwNTM4Ny9zaWQvVmlPejhrM24=/c/80

Tried this. Tracking number didn't work, wtf. Seems like there is a difference.

On the Hermes site under tracking it says:

10/11/2016 12:39 Delivery attempt made, allow 24h on 11/11/2016

Does that mean they will try again tomorrow? Or that it will be 24 hours after tomorrow?

I'm fuming they left no card. I knew this wouldn't be my day lol.

Rodelero

Yesterday was a confusing day, as I was informed that my PS4 Pro had been dispatched from Tesco despite the fact I had cancelled the order several weeks ago.

Today the console arrived, and I mused over what to do. I eventually called Tesco and they said they could collect it from me, or, I could pay for it now. I asked how much and the assistant offered £250. Delighted, I snapped it up, and took it home after work.

Only eight hours of data transferring to go. For some reason I hadn't realised it would take so very long, but here we are.

x3sphere

Yeah me too- really weird- I wonder why the discrepancy?...

Amazon site has to be inaccurate, I checked with UPS, they said the package is definitely scheduled for Monday.

Went to Best Buy and got the Pro there instead. Guess I'll just return the one from Amazon when it comes in

demigod

Finally picked mine up at Best Buy, $68! Had $60 in rewards and $300 in giftcards. They had none out on the floor but I saw over 10 in the back which they haven't put out yet.

OmahaG8

I wound up cancelling my target order and just going into their store instead of the website. Everything worked fine there, and they honored my coupons. Nice. Saved money on shipping also.

My order from 11/2 just got a notification that it's backordered until 11/23-12/13. Yow!

Went in store, they had one left, showed them my coupons, and they said "tough luck". Mind you, I've worked CS before and wasn't being a jerk, quite the opposite, but I wasn't getting any traction.

Went home, grabbed all my coupons, got the Wishlist app back out, found a $5 gift card I had forgotten about, went back, they still had it. Whew. (Called some others closer to my home and they were all out).

tl;dr - yay

My Pro just arrived at the house, but I'm not going to home for a few more hours. On top of that, I still have to transfer hard drives and download my games. I may not be able to anything tonight.

Oh well, this thread has been fun. See you all in the OT.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
My Pro and my 4K TV both arrived earlier, transferred all my data from my old PS4 and now just have to get my boy to sleep so I can set the TV up, then finally I can put it all to the test.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
just shipped

Nwmqokq.png

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Same here. I am starting to get irritated, anytime I get anything delivered by UPS it never comes until 5pm or later...

East coast here, still haven't delivered. Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow after work and after things I have to do after work. YAY!

Darklor01

Finally! UPS delivered mine. Just like I said never get a delivery from them before 5pm.

Yep. Mine isn't UPS though. Mine is AMZL. Still no delivery. Even though I can't get it tonight or use it until after work tomorrow, I would like to know it got delivered.

Just got an email from Amazon US giving me $20 off COD IW since I bought a Pro, funny thing is I just bought a copy this afternoon from Best Buy lol, oh well. If anyone wants the discount code, quote this post and you can have it. (Not sure if it's account linked, if so I apologize.)

X7xSHADOWx7X

Neo Member
Just got an email from Amazon US giving me $20 off COD IW since I bought a Pro, funny thing is I just bought a copy this afternoon from Best Buy lol, oh well. If anyone wants the discount code, quote this post and you can have it. (Not sure if it's account linked, if so I apologize.)

Code please Thanks

TheZink

Yo!
Edit: Beatin. Lol

Mathieran

Banned
Got mine from GameStop today. I normally hate going there because it's never a fun experience. But today it was quiet (went around 2:00 pm) and the salesperson didn't try to sell me a ton of stuff like usual. Only had to decline their warranty. But he talked to me like I had no idea what I was getting myself into. But the most important part was I was in and out in about 10 min.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Anyone else's GameStop do midnight (actually 11pm) launches last night? I was surprised to see about 15 people at mine last night.

Darklor01

Finally got delivered. Now to wait until I can pick it up tomorrow after work from father in law where I had it delivered m.

Backed up last night, deactivated this morning, formatted the drive a short while ago, just swapped in the 500gb drive and installing firmware to make it functional for trade in.

This is real now, can't wait to get it going tomorrow and send off the old one.

Wow. It's a good bit smaller than I expected tbh.

Me too. The foot print is about the same size as a OG PS4. Was expecting it to be both larger and heavier. I actually like the look of the system in person too. I HATED how it looks when it was first revealed. Looks a lot better sitting on my self.

Man restoring the backup data to the PS4 takes a while. I have 5 hours left before it's done.
How do you tell if your system is from Foxcomm?
Taking me 45m
200GB

PS4 to Pro connected via Ethernet.

Are there different versions of the pro? Foxconn and somewhere else? Does it make a difference?

Wow, UPS updated the delivery from the 10th to the 14th. What about today? The package is already here in this town. Guess I will have to find a store with some in stock.

Is it faster to transfer direct console to console than it is through a router?

Edit: Yup, quite a bit faster. 17 hours vs 101minutes for 630GB.

Kremzeek

Amazon has failed me 2 days in a row.

Now they're saying it might not get here until the 14th.

Should I complain?

I'm in Los Angeles and mine was stuck in Texas for 2 days, not moving.

WTF Amazon/UPS?

I'm definitely contacting them on Monday because this is BS.

pallepaf

Neo Member
Are any PS4 Pro consoles made in Japan? I remember when the PS4 was originally launched there were consoles both made in China and made in Japan and the latter were considered superior.

I'm in Los Angeles and mine was stuck in Texas for 2 days, not moving.

WTF Amazon/UPS?

I'm definitely contacting them on Monday because this is BS.

I'm in the same boat as you. I contacted them multiple times because they kept pushing the delivery date. Still don't have it :(

nemisis0

Are any PS4 Pro consoles made in Japan? I remember when the PS4 was originally launched there were consoles both made in China and made in Japan and the latter were considered superior.

Yeah I had one made in japan but I bought it from japan, still am in japan and could of bought a pro but already have a uk one so kind of a shame.

Alcahest

I got reports from buyers located in Japan, America & Europe and so far they're all made in China.

Top Bottom