• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped

Daniel R

Cloud back-up is a beautiful thing. I didn't do any backup of my old PS4 but I could easily just download all my savegames from the settings menu on the pro. I guess this requires ps+ subscription but who doesn't have that?

dedhead54

Now the long wait until 5:00pm when I am off work and can pick mine up. I think I may end up grabbing Ratchet and Clank finally as well.

There should be a 14 day trial on the PSN store if you have not had + before

Yeah was about to say this that everyone can get 14 days at least from the store itself.

Americans get it good with their free Plus vouchers as they tend to stack even if had it before, here in the UK they don't.

3pm and still no delivery. Fuck my life. Those deliveres have become so bad, just yesterday someone couldn't read the sign and my package is now being send back.

What a fucking joke.

DoomGyver

FYI for those of you who are upgrading your HDD, be very gentle when removing the plastic cover. I was being cautious and I still broke off one of the tiny alignment pins. It doesn't really hurt anything, but I'm going to super glue it back on.

Got off with Amazon chat and they said that they moved it to the 12th. And to show how sorry they are they are giving me an extra month of Prime. Which is useless for me since I JUST renewed my membership for this. Basically nothing was changed after that long chat. I'm very tempted to buy one in store and just return the Amazon one but I have to find someone who is willing to help cover some of the cost. Not much of a chance with my family though.

Venuspower

Got mine 30 min ago.
Already switched my HDD to thee Seagate Firecuda 2TB.
Stock HDD was a HGST 5K1000 (Got a HGST 5K1500 in my old PS4).

The HGST was the only thing in the console which made noises. After the replacement the PRO is completly silent. At least while in IDLE.

Next step: Transferring 800 to 900GB of data.

BTW: Looks like the booting screen has canged. No PS Logo anymore. Instead it is showing the Sony logo.

Cloud back-up is a beautiful thing. I didn't do any backup of my old PS4 but I could easily just download all my savegames from the settings menu on the pro. I guess this requires ps+ subscription but who doesn't have that?

Is this a manual process? I'm doing zero backup but once I log in on the pro will I find my progress on my latest games?

Wereroku

Is this a manual process? I'm doing zero backup but once I log in on the pro will I find my progress on my latest games?

No go to save management and choose to upload your saves to the cloud or to a usb stick. Then when you turn on your new pro you can download the saves from the cloud or usb stick. It's super easy but unless you have the settings turned on it is not automatic.

The only thing that's backed up to the cloud is your saves. So you'll have to redone load the games you want if you don't do a physical back up. Then u can get your saves from the cloud to continue where u left off. Requires ps+ tho.

Cyriades

Got mine 30 min ago.
Already switched my HDD to thee Seagate Firecuda 2TB.
Stock HDD was a HGST 2K1000 (Got a HGST 2K1500 in my old PS4).

The HGST was the only thing in the console which made noises. After the replacement the PRO is completly silent. At least while in IDLE.

Next step: Transferring 800 to 900GB of data.

BTW: Looks like the booting screen has canged. No PS Logo anymore. Instead it is showing the Sony logo.
Cant find no info on that stock drive "2K1000" are you sure you typed it correctly?

No go to save management and choose to upload your saves to the cloud or to a usb stick. Then when you turn on your new pro you can download the saves from the cloud or usb stick. It's super easy but unless you have the settings turned on it is not automatic.

The only thing that's backed up to the cloud is your saves. So you'll have to redone load the games you want if you don't do a physical back up. Then u can get your saves from the cloud to continue where u left off. Requires ps+ tho.

Thanks!

Spaulding

Can anyone tell me if the pro comes with a PSplus trial? I really want to wait for a Black Friday deal to get a one-year sub card but also want to play some BF1 multiplayer today.

Have you had PS+ before? If not, there's a trial available in the store (14 days). At least here in Gerrmany...

kakkaroto

Neo Member
So after sitting on backordered all week at the stroke of midnight my target order changed to preparing for shipment, and is now scheduled for delivery on 11/11, which is not bad considering the delivery windows of 11/11 - 11/16. I had used the 10% off coupon and got an additional 5% off after the customer service guy on their online chat said that they are out of stock.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
In New Jersey by chance? 👍

Fairfax, VA.

Here we gooooo !!

Sorry for the potato quality pics, my phone is very old. Also, a question I asked before but couldn't get a satisfactory answer, so i'll address it here in case anyone else is interested.

Pro is just about the same dimensions and size as a PS3 slim, this was important for me because I don't have a lot of room under the TV.

eVwOUae.jpg

6zBXm2W.jpg

and the ultimate question, which of these games should I pop in first .. this being my first PS4, they're all brand new for me :p

1ktf7I3.jpg

thatJohann

Fairfax, VA.

Here we gooooo !!

Sorry for the potato quality pics, my phone is very old. Also, a question I asked before but couldn't get a satisfactory answer, so i'll address it here in case anyone else is interested.

Pro is just about the same dimensions and size as a PS3 slim, this was important for me because I don't have a lot of room under the TV.

eVwOUae.jpg

6zBXm2W.jpg

and the ultimate question, which of these games should I pop in first .. this being my first PS4, they're all brand new for me :p

1ktf7I3.jpg

Until dawn is amazing despite no PRO support

Luke_Wal

Fairfax, VA.

Here we gooooo !!

eVwOUae.jpg

6zBXm2W.jpg

1ktf7I3.jpg

No way! I'm in Fairfax, too. The GameStop by Trader Joe's or another one?

inki

Fairfax, VA.

Here we gooooo !!

eVwOUae.jpg

6zBXm2W.jpg

1ktf7I3.jpg

Until Dawn : 8-10 hours
LoTR - If not a completionist : 20-30 hours
Witcher - If not a completionist : 60-80..ish

I'd go in that order.

adamsapple

No way! I'm in Fairfax, too. The GameStop by Trader Joe's or another one?

It's the one in Herndon, Franklin Farm Rd. to be specific. They usually open at 10 but they're open at 9 today, I was the first (and only :p) person waiting at the store for a Pro.

edit: new stability firmware update as soon as I finished the first-boot setup process. Fuckin Sony never change :p

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Paid off my preorder last night and bought Titanfall also lol....can't wait to pick up my Pro after work.

Should I get Shadow of Mordor too if they have it? Already platinumed Ratchet and Clank, and beat Uncharted 4 3 times lol....

Planet

All great games, but only one is Pro enhanced. If you want to test drive that, go with Shadow of Mordor. I had a lot of fun platinuming it. Until Dawn is a nice ride that doesn't take too long. Witcher 3 is a time eater, but worth it for sure.

Am_I_Evil

Right? Help!

Got married this earlier this year...Target has a thing that they give you a 15% off coupon for everything on your registry that was not purchased...loophole is you can add things after the fact and still use the coupon...

*I believe the registry date needs to be at least 30 days from creation to event date to be eligible for the coupon

Shin-Ra

Amazon UK and Royal Mail royally fucked up.

It was supposed to be delivered today, now the tracking's pushed it back to Saturday.

I'll be searching local stores and refusing the Amazon delivery.

Argos order just got delivered, not bad considering I ordered it this morning. Just restoring to it now but I actually really like how it looks!

Anyone have an extra gift registry coupon or some other way to lower the final cost of the Pro please? I decided to just buy one in store somewhere but taxes will hurt me since the Amazon order had no taxes with it.

adamsapple

All great games, but only one is Pro enhanced. If you want to test drive that, go with Shadow of Mordor. I had a lot of fun platinuming it. Until Dawn is a nice ride that doesn't take too long. Witcher 3 is a time eater, but worth it for sure.

Yep, popped in Mordor and downloading the update now, should be finished in 2 minutes. Might not be the first game I 'play' play on Pro, but I still wanna see all that high resolution goodness :p

Dakushi

Neo Member
Just talked to two employees at Amazon.co.uk (call and chat), both which couldn't answer me why my order was changed from "Shipping Soon" back to "Preparing for Dispatch" and if this was because of a problem with the dispatch process, or if it's because they ran out of stock, like it says on the website.

I pre-ordered on the 30th of last month, both of the employees told me that it will be back in stock on the 14th, since my delivery estimate is between the 11th and the 14th, it's not outside of the delivery window and because of this I will receive it on time. The problem is that I live in Denmark, and when they were told this, I just received the same response, that it will be delivered on the 14th.

From the call and e-mail conversation, my two cents are that they ran out of machines, possibly because they took more pre-orders than they had stock for and wont admit that they cannot fulfill the order within the estimate.
This is the "final" response that I received in the chat:
This 14thNovember is the date for us to deliver the parcel to you. Once all these orders are fulfilled, then they will be back in stock on the website. I'm confident to tell you that you'll receive your order by the estimated date provided on your order.

DBT85

Mine arrived from tests safe and sound. Box in perfect condition. Just updating now and then I'll log in and head to work! At least I can tell it what to download while I'm away. Wooop it's here!

Top Bottom