• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped

Rbk_3

Got mine a couple of hours ago. Poor packaging from Amazon. PS4 box was banged up (content was fine) and my copy of Dishonored was crushed. Already asked for a replacement and I'm certainly going to complain. Also, the driver left the box on my doorstep and just left. Good thing I was home and could get it right away.

This is why I buy my consoles in store. Who knows how much that package was tossed around.

Ahh I'm really lost now the other more important issue is if I collect the Argos order I just know the wife will give me hell when she gets home from work telling me I'm a grown 35 year old man who is more impatient than the kids as it's only a PS4 and I already have one, she already had a moan when I told her I ordered it she just doesn't get it.

Haha I've had that conversation with the wife over the phone as I thought she should know there is another £350 on our credit card for awhile.

She moaned about it but I just reminded her how much we spend on holidays and she stopped pretty quickly. I'm 39 ;)

grendelrt

For those waiting on Target, mine finally shipped this morning from AZ. Will be here tomorrow according to the tracking number, hopefully that stands and it doesnt miss the weekend.

GazzaGSi

My pro arrived just over an hour ago. Have swapped out the hard drive for a 2tb SSHD, reinstalled the system software and am in the process of transferring data from my old PS4. Simple and painless process!

Currently at the same stage, 85 minutes to restore a 340GB backup, can't moan at that.

Amazon UK order here, was sent 24 hour tracked with Royal mail, order placed 20th October.

Heading out in two hours to get my pro, have a 4 day weekend. Bless this great world.... First days off since the summer... Love you all...

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
After work today.....
fi-b-goodbye-world.jpg

Rahvar

Picked mine up from Gamestop at lunch. 3 more hours of work before I can go home and watch the glorious transfer screen in 1080p!

NotorWarren

Neo Member
Smh fuck Amazon, had it preordered for guaranteed release day delivery. I live in Los Angeles and they shipped it from Texas through UPS Ground on the 8th. On the 10th at 2 am it barely left Texas. Amazon was adamant that I would get it today, but common sense and UPS's website tracking says I will get it on the 14th. They offered me a replacement for tomorrow delivery but screw that, taking a refund and buying it at a local Best Buy instead.

Alej

Banned
Omg dat beautyyyy, transfering via LAN right now.

Just bought Ratchet and Clank.

Will it be gorgeous on my 4K (not HDR) TV?

flattie

So it seems pretty available here in the UK. I reserved one at Argos for collection today after work. Seems they are still readily available now, after having a quick check.

Was almost tempted to get an Xbox One S instead - it is such an attractive console and has a great controller. Lack of any exclusives that would interest me and the power gap was enough to settle me on the Pro - particularly after seeing the 1080/60 FFXV news.

Omg dat beautyyyy, transfering via LAN right now.

Just bought Ratchet and Clank.

Will it be gorgeous on my 4K (not HDR) TV?

It was already gorgeous, I'm in same situation as you 4K non HDR and I can't wait to fire it up. The game will be great regardless, I think a new TV will be purchased once I see some HDR stuff with my own eyes though.

Went from Ft. Worth to Vernon in the space of three hours. It's 6AM over here in Utah right now. There is no way that it's arriving today. But I can't buy another one cause I don't have 400 plus tax.

UPS says on track for the 14th.

Alej

Banned
It was already gorgeous, I'm in same situation as you 4K non HDR and I can't wait to fire it up. The game will be great regardless, I think a new TV will be purchased once I see some HDR stuff with my own eyes though.

I'll wait for the next HDR revision myself. As astonishing as it looks right now, it isn't very reliable and bandwith isn't there for full 444 chroma.

I have a Bravia x8309c FYI. IPS panel, no quantum dot, edge backlight, so no HDR and no WCG. 4K on that TV is fantastic though.

Planet

Everything worked out just fine with the Gamestop Germany deal (old PS4 + two cheap games + €190 = PS4 Pro). They were cooperative, polite and didn't even try that hard to make me preorder other stuff. :D

Quick test drive this evening, then I will swap the 2TB drive back in and restore the backup.

Symphonia

Banned
Just picked mine up from GAME this morning. Connected and transferring data via an external HDD. It's a ridiculously beautiful looking console.

DoomGyver

I walked into walmart and grabbed one this morning. No line, no frustrating shipment tracking. Just walked in, and walked out. I have a 1tb SSD I'm about to install.

Can anyone tell me if the pro comes with a PSplus trial? I really want to wait for a Black Friday deal to get a one-year sub card but also want to play some BF1 multiplayer today.

Well, doesn't look like mine is arriving today. Amazon had it as being delivered today and yet still not dispatched. Went into chat with customer services and was told there was a "technical error". I've been assured that it will be sent out today for delivery tomorrow and have been refunded £5.00 for the inconvience.

Actually, this is pretty convient as I thought that the Pro came out friday and had booked the day off so I could be sure of me being there to collect it! As deliveries tend to get put behind the bin which is located about 4 feet from a main footpath, I'd rather a £330 box doesn't get put out in the open for the general public to chance upon

Am_I_Evil

Just picked mine up from target, now the long wait until 12 hours from now when I can start setting it up...

Used the 15% off registry coupon, the 10% wishlist coupon, and the redcard for 5% off...thanks target

Top Bottom