• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Release November 13 according to MediaMarkt

Scavenger

I can confirm this is not the official release date, they just took the date from bol.com and pasted it on their poster. They say they expect the console to come around that time or even at begin december.
I've posted this earlier in this topic, but one mod at budgetgaming.nl posted last week that he received promo material from Sony with the 13-11 release date. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll have to launch on that date, but at least it's not a date fabricated by stores and this date comes directly from Sony NL.

Loakum

Banned
seems about right since NBA 2K14 and Assassin's Creed will be released as PS4 launch titles, which means October for the US and Nov in PAL regions.....which means, I still got time to pay off my PS4, controller, and games pre orders.

SgtCobra

I've posted this earlier in this topic, but one mod at budgetgaming.nl posted last week that he received promo material from Sony with the 13-11 release date. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll have to launch on that date, but at least it's not a date fabricated by stores and this date comes directly from Sony NL.
I got deeper on this on the workplace database and made some calls and it's true, it's the official release date that Sony gave the retailer (bol.com) it's possible that it won't release on that date but atleast it's official. Thanks for the information kerel.
Guess it's time to get hyped?

Fuck my source :( (boss lol)

Xater

My media markt in germany just got these posters too. Sweet

Oh wow. If it is that wide spread then it might be true.

maybe it is a wednesday because the US gets it on the 12th? something about shipping times and trying to be out at basically the same time?

Hedge

November 13th? That's a rather odd day to release, isn't it? In the middle of the week and in the middle of a month?

I got deeper on this on the workplace database and made some calls and it's true, it's the official release date that Sony gave the retailer (bol.com) it's possible that it won't release on that date but atleast it's official. Thanks for the information kerel.
Guess it's time to get hyped?

Fuck my source :( (boss lol)

Ooo brilliant news. Was expecting November but not early Nov.

Mononoke

Banned
Huh. So if this is true, that means retailers are going to be getting PS4 games before the actual consoles? Has that happened before?

Happened with Xbox 360. Bought Project Gotham 7 days before 360 came out at GameStop. They were selling 360 games a week before launch (also got Kameo).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
November 13th? That's a rather odd day to release, isn't it? In the middle of the week and in the middle of a month?
I'm guessing for the marketing potential of announcing a 13/11/13 date (as it would be shown in EU). The symmetry would be hard to forget.

Fonds

Bol.com (also a dutch website) clearly states it's not a true release date.
They'll update the true release date once one is given.

bol.com PS4
"fictieve releasedatum" That means fictional release date.

Neolith

Does anyone know why gamestop lists some of the bundles at 520$? It says they only include the game, controller and console. No mention of HDMI cables, or headset and is 120$ more than the amazon bundle which includes a contoller

Does anyone know why gamestop lists some of the bundles at 520$? It says they only include the game, controller and console. No mention of HDMI cables, or headset and is 120$ more than the amazon bundle which includes a contoller
You sure it's not two controllers?

idlewild_

Those are probably bundles that the store creates not something that was sent over by Sony. So you get the console and everything that comes with it + they give you the game and an extra controller on the side.

gazele

Banned
Why do people want it to release earlier in the US then in other countries?

I don't know about want, but it'd certainly be smart considering the US is one of the only territories where they were behind this gen

October release could also provide a reason they didn't give a month at E3, since it would be different months for different countries

btkadams

Why do people want it to release earlier in the US then in other countries?

because there has been no "suggested/rumoured" release date for north america and we want to play it as soon as possible.

i'm personally hoping for a july 2013 release in canada.

Caayn

because there has been no "suggested/rumoured" release date for north america and we want to play it as soon as possible.

i'm personally hoping for a july 2013 release in canada.
I understand that. But the people who are asking for a earlier launch, sound really greedy to me. It's nothing more than "I should be allowed to get this first, just because I live in a different place than you".

I understand that. But the people who are asking for a earlier launch, sound really greedy to me. It's nothing more than "I should be allowed to get this first, just because I live in a different place than you".

I want everyone to get it October 29, 2013.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
My only question regarding the photos of the marketing at Mediamarkt(I think that's how it was spelled) is if that was official Sony marketing for that store, or store marketing created for a Sony product at Mediamarkt created without Sony's marketing team.

As for the US, I personally am done guessing at the release date. It'll come out when it does. I've seen screen grabs of computer monitors with Nov. 29, rumors of Nov. 13, Nov. 19. The only interesting thing is.. I have not seen one bit of source based rumor which states an October date, yet everyone is gravitating to that date because it's the date of at least one game release(for the same title on a different console).

I'll just be happy THAT it releases, not necessary for WHEN.

btkadams

what? i don't think anyone is suggesting that. there has been no stated/suggested date for north america by any retailers or sony, so people are hoping it's sooner than later. it's not about being greedy and wanting the others to wait. i want everyone to get it as soon as possible.

by that standard, the only truly non-greedy way to act in this situation would be to want the ps4 to release in 3 years instead, so that there is plenty of supply and a lower price point for people to afford.

i'm not going to be mad at americans for being excited about amazon doing groceries because it won't come to canada for another million years. it is what it is.

Top Bottom