• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Release November 13 according to MediaMarkt

I have a feeling both companies are waiting for one another to announce a release date.

if the rumors of microsoft having problems sony could release it in october/november and still take lead if they themselves can produce as much as demands are there.

Palom

I'm disappointed they didn't go for 11/12/13. (Either 12 November in the U.S. or 11 December in Europe.) Would have almost been as good as Dreamcast's 9/9/99 date.

jWILL253

Banned
If both the US and Amsterdam dates are correct (which means a slightly staggered release), consoles would be sold out before Black Friday. Riots will ensue, if that is indeed the case. Soccer moms would be tearing each others weaves out in the streets...

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
PS2's release date was Oct 26, I predicted earlier and am guessing others are also predicting a launch date similar to that for this exact reason :D

Originally I thought Oct 29, but now I'm thinking Nov 19. Time enough for several releases, and for the Amazon.com date for NFS Rivals listed PS4 release date, although 13th may be possible if that releases same day as other consoles. If be happy with Oct. 29th, but it would be nice to get more than one retail game at launch.

bigace33

Where there's smoke there is probably fire. The guy at Gamestop told me both consoles are definitely releasing in November.

Caayn

Why is an ad in Dutch shop in English?
Because, we in The Netherlands and the Flemish part of Belgium, also happen to use the words "release" or "Verkrijgbaar vanaf" to announce release dates and such. As for the month we don't have completely different names for months, so November is still November in The Netherlands. Only the pronunciation is different.

You can see that the release date is on European standards (DD-MM-YYYY) instead of the USA standard (MM-DD-YYYY)

MediaMarkt seems to also know the Xbox One release date:
It's either fake or created by an MediaMarkt employee who just found out about MS Paint. I'm going with fake.

kudosx

Banned
If both the US and Amsterdam dates are correct (which means a slightly staggered release), consoles would be sold out before Black Friday. Riots will ensue, if that is indeed the case. Soccer moms would be tearing each others weaves out in the streets...

I seem to remember quite a few mothers doing some "extra" off craigslist to get a Wii for Christmas back when it was still new.

Top Bottom