• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 selling out.....

RobRivers

Uhh and 249€ for 500gb, 299€ for 1tb (2games each) and 333€ for pro (1game). What a good deals you've got and what a bad deals we've got :(

And we have xbox one S for 179€ with 3-4 games even.

And no switch deals except with mario al 349€ :(

Good for Sony, though this is only for online sales (there’s *plenty* of physical stock available all over), so I’m thinking this is more a banner day for online shopping (more people ordering online) and underestimating online stock than anything else.

November sales should be interesting though.

Bramble

PS4 has won this generation, total domination in selling figures, since the Launch.
Let's see what will happen when PS5, next Nintendo Console and Next XBox will come out.

And in exclusives figures, and they have VR as a major USP.

I'm expecting the exact same to happen. You will be alright with a PS5, Switch 2 and a PC. Sony's and Nintendo's studios will have no problem wrecking MS studios for a long time to come.

Unknown?

Good for Sony, though this is only for online sales (there’s *plenty* of physical stock available all over), so I’m thinking this is more a banner day for online shopping (more people ordering online) and underestimating online stock than anything else.

November sales should be interesting though.
True but I’m sure they have another stock for Cyber Monday. They have to, they can’t let Cyber Monday happen with no online stock.

Ktsdaddy

Was at my local walmart last night and they had ps4, ps4 pro, switch, and psVR in stock. The only console sold out was the X

TitusTroy

I guess Microsoft has given up on this gen otherwise they would slash the price of the X to better compete against the Pro...the X is just a prototype for their next gen system

Quixz

If my local GAME is anything to go by then Sony will win black Friday weekend by a good margin. Picked up another Pro since they're still giving £100 credit for OG PS4. FIFA, COD and NOW TV bundle for £199 after trade.

I don't understand how Sony can allow the ps4 slim to be sold out on amazon for the entire day of black Friday

WTF

you would think they would send enough stock to last the full day

I sometimes question the stuff running the PS Brand and this doesn't help there cause

5c1.gif

$199 is the sweet spot.

timberger

Most popular console on the market. Hardly a shock it's gonna do big business on one of the biggest retail weeks of the year.

Guess PS4 sales didn't grind to a halt as soon as Xbox One X came out after all. Strange.

timberger

Noone said so, tim.

Well... I'm obviously exaggerating for effect with the "grinding to a halt" bit, but there have most definitely been suggestions of Microsoft "crushing" Sony as soon as Scorpio came along for the past year at least from the Xbox faithful.

But hey... early days yet.

DjRalford

Well... I'm obviously exaggerating for effect with the "grinding to a halt" bit, but there have most definitely been suggestions of Microsoft "crushing" Sony as soon as Scorpio came along for the past year at least from the Xbox faithful.

That’s from sore headed hardcore xbox fanboys though, they’ve been shit on from a great height and taken a lot of flak so they’re now worming out as the X is indeed now most powerful.

What they don’t realise is it’s far too late 4 years into the generation to have any effect at all, what it does do is thankfully light a little fire under Sony’s ass so they push for PS5 as they must know now after the X MS will not fuck up so badly next gen.

Gitaroo

Here in alberta and b.c were sold out of the pro which is even more surprising for me. Part of it is probably the 200 trade in deal but my friend called the day before and the stores told him they got tons in stock and probably don't have to worry about selling out. Then he walked out of the store with the last one at noon.

Would there be any merit in thinking maybe Sony wants the slim to sell out to compel people to buy the Pro? Need a PS4 under the tree but the only option is the $400 model?

PS4 has won this generation, total domination in selling figures, since the Launch.
Let's see what will happen when PS5, next Nintendo Console and Next XBox will come out.

Just picked up a ps4 slim, 4k tv and sone 4k blu ray movies on black friday. Can't wait to play my 4k blu ray movies on the ps4 slim! Great deal!

SRTtoZ

I believe it because the PS4 versions of games are selling out on Amazon and Best Buy. I couldn't find Prey, Shadow of War or Mankind divided for the PS4 on Amazon but they had the XB1 versions for sale. Looks like the base PS4 is doing gangbusters.

Toni

Yesterday at the Walmart I was at to snatch an awesome 4k tv they had on sale.

Saw almost everybody in the gaming section snatching up the PS4's in droves. This guy was something else though.

dJobGDK.png

November NPD is gona be fiyah.

lol not imo, not a fan of japanese/indie games. but to each his own.

Yea the two console brands thst are completely destroying/embarrassing the xbox brand in every metric possible have terrible game libraries lmao.
Especially lol worthy when you consider the ps4 has literally outsold the xbox one 2 - 1.
The console market is more than just you. Come outside your bubble it's nice out here.

goldenpp72

Yea the two console brands thst are completely destroying/embarrassing the xbox brand in every metric possible have terrible game libraries lmao.
Especially lol worthy when you consider the ps4 has literally outsold the xbox one 2 - 1.
The console market is more than just you. Come outside your bubble it's nice out here.

Consider that the majority of noteworthy Xbox titles are also on other platforms, it makes you wonder why someone chooses to be a fan of that particular platform. Like being a fan of a DVD player at that point.

I mean I guess you might just REALLY like Halo 5, but otherwise i'd just use another platform that has more on it.

Adam_802

lol its not destroying it in every metric, and I never said it had a terrible game library, just not for me since japanese/indies are the majority of games ps4 has that arent on xbox, sheesh. but man the sony hive mind can be so sensitive lmao.

Only the dumbest motherfuckers on the face of the earth would buy an xbox one over a ps4 at this point.

never change, guys...

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I don't understand how Sony can allow the ps4 slim to be sold out on amazon for the entire day of black Friday

WTF

you would think they would send enough stock to last the full day

I sometimes question the stuff running the PS Brand and this doesn't help there cause

Yeah thats weird. Maybe they simply didnt expect the demand to be this high.

And scalpers in the 4th year of a console? Thats a first! Reading this thread feels as if its the launch of a new console. Those are good threads whenever that happens.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Yesterday at the Walmart I was at to snatch an awesome 4k tv they had on sale.

Saw almost everybody in the gaming section snatching up the PS4's in droves. This guy was something else though.

dJobGDK.png

November NPD is gona be fiyah.
How come i barely ever see pics anymore?

MrBenchmark

Every store I shopped today had plenty of PS4 and Pros even the Star Wars one only a few had One X’s and most had some of the One S bundles of some kind. Switches were damn near non existent anywhere.

MrBenchmark

Only because of all the heat the damn thing gives off. Heats up the whole room.
Have to open the balcony door every time it's on.
So you’ve never owned a high end PC now that’s how you heat a room!

I actually made sure the coldest room in my house was my PC room. The X and my Pro while venting heat are mild in comparison.

SRTtoZ

So you’ve never owned a high end PC now that’s how you heat a room!

I actually made sure the coldest room in my house was my PC room. The X and my Pro while venting heat are mild in comparison.

Yep when I wake up and its cold in my room the first thing I do is turn on my computer lol

xaosslug

How much can they even make??

it depends. He could hold on to them in the hopes that they become so scarce peeps will pay close to double what he spent during the Christmas rush, or wait until after the Holiday madness and then sell them for MSRP (which would be close to $100 profit on each console).

Top Bottom