• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 selling out.....

Alebrije

im wondering if these consoles are even going to stay in the US. i feel like the amount they would make here isn't worth the effort.

scalpers aside, i believe that ps4s were flying off of shelves....I was in two targets and most people in the electronic sections were buying tvs or ps4s. didn't see as many switches being bought, though i did see a very large stock of them

They will end in Mexico.

Valonquar

dJobGDK.png

My first thought is if he bought them all on a Sony Rewards card, and then resold the systems, that's like 3 or 4 free $60 games in rewards points. You get a higher reward point multiplier on Sony products, I think 10x?

Klart

My first thought is if he bought them all on a Sony Rewards card, and then resold the systems, that's like 3 or 4 free $60 games in rewards points. You get a higher reward point multiplier on Sony products, I think 10x?

Selling over 20 PS4's just to get 3 or 4 games for free? Sounds like a pain in the ass.

I saw huge swaths of PS4 my local Best Buy. I guess online only?
The $200 Black Friday deal sold out pretty much everywhere. You might've seen PS4s that were priced differently.

In Houston only 1 store had any PS4s left at that price, and that was way out on the suburbs.

This is news only in how the PS4's BF sale compared to the similarly priced XB1 bundle.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I wounder if the success of this years recently Black Friday will there be another one in a calendar year. Why limit it to one weekend only?

$199.99 was always the console sweet spot.

I purchased one the day after that price went live. $200 is a lot of people's sweet spot, especially when it's not some worst of show ultra crappy Xbox Arcade version.

Selling over 20 PS4's just to get 3 or 4 games for free? Sounds like a pain in the ass.

I imagine the plan is to have the games as a bonus and to make money by waiting until the sale ends and the price goes up. Or waiting to Christmas when supplies get low and now he can charge stupid prices to desperate people. I'm not a scalper, but that's what I would do. The games would be the icing on the cake, not the entire point.

Fnord

I agree. I'm going to make a completely random guess on this, but I think that the guy probably got them as gifts, maybe for a company?

I considered this as well. While it's certainly possible he's buying them to scalp, he could very well be buying them as gifts or to donate to charity.

JP

My bad! That's what I get for skimming!

Still a good result for all.
Yeah, don't worry, I'm not criticising or anything. After reading what you said and then reading the article I had to read it twice just to make sure what i was reading.

Not for Gamecube.

Nintendo will probably still sell every Switch they have up, regardless of how well Sony does.

It has been weird watching this Switch phenomenon. Here in Finland they have no marketing, I doubt they sell any consoles because they are always available, their game stand in stores is maybe 1/5 the size of a PS section. I wonder if it’s the same thing in other countries here in Northern Europe.

Donnie

Playsation 4 and XBox One are always available in game stores i go to in the UK, that doesn't make me conclude that they must not sell any....

I'm sure though that in a continent with around 50 countries there will be some where Switch doesn't sell very well. The question that's more important is does it sell well in the countries that matter most in terms of sales (like UK, Germany or France).

Playsation 4 and XBox One are always available in game stores i go to in the UK, that doesn't make me conclude that they must not sell any....

I'm sure though that in a continent with around 50 countries there will be some where Switch doesn't sell very well. The question that's more important is does it sell well in the countries that matter most in terms of sales (like UK, Germany or France).

Apparently the Switch outsold the PS4 and Xbox online throughout the Thanksgiving weekend.

iHaunter

It was $100 less than the Switch with an enormous library and better hardware on Black Friday. Of course it's going to sell out!

I like both.

Elios83

Well we're one week from BF and only Sony commented on their BF performance with UK datas supporting that they sold most during that week.
It will be interesting to see November datas although I think that it will be relatively close among the three competitors.

afr1234

Neo Member

You are a ninty fantroll.

Ps4 Will be the most sold console for the March 17- march 18 FY and everyone not thinking that way is truly in denial. This is especially impressive when you account that ps4 is 4 years old while switch is brand new And is selling to their hadcore audience atm.

Switch's real test Will be next year

I see the Sony Stock holders group is in full swing here. Checks in the mail

We get it man. You like Xbox.

I see you in every Xbox post cheering on your favorite team and only come to Sony threads to contribute high quality posts such as this one.

We get it man. You like Xbox.

I see you in every Xbox post cheering on your favorite team and only come to Sony threads to contribute high quality posts such as this one.

I feel you on that and his comment is definitely unnecessarily argumentative, but it’s something that comes from all fans, including the gentleman that dismissed me as a “ninty fan troll” despite the fact that I’ve owned every console since NES minus Neo-Geo.

I think there is a general feeling on the board that scoffs at many Pro-MS, Pro-Nintendo or Anti-Sony threads. But apparently I’m just a Ninty Troll.

Top Bottom