• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 80,000 units at launch in Spain, 3.5:1 ahead of XB1

freefornow

Gold Member
So a Sony VP in Spain knows the Xbox One sales numbers in his region?? Have XB one sales figures been confirmed in Spain or is Sony the official tracker of XB One data?

Edit: Silly me, it's in the interview:

"Thus, we estimate that our sales are currently between 3.1 and up to 3.4 times higher compared to Xbox One, which was released a week before."

I love estimates as truth facts.

So a Sony VP in Spain knows the Xbox One sales numbers in his region?? Have XB one sales figures been confirmed in Spain or is Sony the official tracker of XB One data?
And every month for the past two years Aaron Greenberg has known the 360 was the best selling console in the US.

He must have magic powers too!

An interesting comparison is Spain has near 50mil population and Australia near 25Mil. Spain sold 80K PS4's and Aus sold 65K XB1. Damn we love technology down here.

Anyhow just thought that was as interesting comparison, now if we could PS4 numbers for Aus and XB1 numbers for Spain we'd have some quality comparison outside of the USA.

"Thus, we estimate that our sales are currently between 3.1 and up to 3.4 times higher compared to Xbox One, which was released a week before."

If the numbers aren't accurate then don't you think that MS could come out and dispute them?

Pain

Banned

I smell salt.

freefornow

Gold Member
Then quote those tracking companies in the article.
The VP was the one who used the word "estimate" which probably needs to be in thread title.

N.Domixis

Banned

Yeah it does seem fishy. I would say the ratio is even higher at 10 to 1

Oh dear lord.
When a certain analyst produces articles that have estimates, then Gaf appropriately questions the analysis.
This article/ thread is just accepted.

Because unlike an analyst a company exec like this would actually have the numbers to back up the claims. Do you really think that Sony would just throw out random numbers?

Caronte

Spanish here.

Since forever my country has been Sonyer. Any other console that was not a PS is almost not known and if you had a Nintendo console everybody would laught at you telling things as "Nintendo is for kids" (GameCube and Nintendo 64 ages).

Here people only buys a console for FIFA and for COD. And I swear everybody calls every console a "play" (as from Play Station)

"Vamos a jugar a LA PLAY" = "Let's play with the console"
"Que play tienes" = "What console do you have?"

Here "PLAY" almost means "console". Tell some body "I have an Xbox" and they will say "u have a what??? Can u play FIFA with that?"

I'm Spanish, and this is not true. People won't laugh at you if you have a Nintendo console. Plenty of people had a Wii. And most people do know what an Xbox is.

Seems like MS can't catch a break in Europe. Is MS ahead in any countries besides the US?

They're behind in the US.

They could be ahead in Australia. MS released "record breaking" sales figures there and Sony are unwilling to share their sales which has been taken as a win for MS.

They're behind in the US.

They could be ahead in Australia. MS released "record breaking" sales figures there and Sony are unwilling to share their sales which has been taken as a win for MS.

Yeah, though that's entirely down to limited supply. The PS4 is pre-ordered through till March next year in Aus/NZ, while Xbone's are pretty easy to find.

Top Bottom