• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Teaser Video for E3

Ran rp

BDxY8My.png

Grip of the DS4? It's the last screen to appear and only for a split second, so possibly something more significant?

gantz-ball.gif

tusken77

Looks sharp.

Is this perhaps anticipating the Xbox unit's reveal tomorrow?

Sony are playing a beautiful game. Has the first word in February with a two hour meeting compared to Microsoft's one hour reveal, enjoys three months press to themselves, teases the console design 24 hrs ahead of said MS reveal, will have the last word at E3.

Ricky_R

Sony are playing a beautiful game. Has the first word in February with a two hour meeting compared to Microsoft's one hour reveal, enjoys three months press to themselves, teases the console design 24 hrs ahead of said MS reveal, will have the last word at E3.

And we can probably expect them to release more stuff before MS's E3. We really can't fault them for lack of effort.

I bet that blue line will always be on across the front of the console to mirror the back of the controller.

OR

It will act as edge trimming to highlight certain areas.

I'm not saying there is some mental gymnastics going on here, but in February we heard from many here saying that "It's just a box, who cares that they didn't show it?" Now people are losing their minds over a blurry image of said box?

neptunes

Quick and dirty, portions off and everythng.

jNbUS0e.jpg

It's shitty I know, someone here could probably do a better job with enough time.

lantus

Hnngggg! So damn excited for E3 this year, I'm going to have to have my doctor on standby for the raging hard on I'm going to have for a few days!

Oh yeah and nice timing Sony lol.

I'm not saying there is some mental gymnastics going on here, but in February we heard from many here saying that "It's just a box, who cares that they didn't show it?" Now people are losing their minds over a blurry image of said box?
The problem is you're generalizing people, like the same exact ones who said they don't care months ago, care now.

I really want to see it, and was disappointed I didn't see it at the PS meeting but it wasn't a dealbreaker.

Uhhh. What. The only inspiring games they showed at their reveal were Media Molecule's and Johnathan Blow's game. Then they were almost universally mocked for not showing the console at their two hour long event. Then they give PR double-talk for 3 months completely glossing over their PSWorld pricing structure desperately trying to delay any bad press they would get. And then we get this?

c4blMIX.gif

Beautiful is not what I would call their "game".

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Because we should be excited and they are teasing it in a hype inducing way. The main point of defense from the reveal was that they had time to show it or would show it at E3. They didn't blow their load and as you can see, they are playing this almost perfectly. They don't need to show everything all at once and you should have seen that then as you are seeing now by their tactical release of this trailer.

Uhhh. What. The only inspiring games they showed at their reveal were Media Molecule's and Johnathan Blow's game. Then they were almost universally mocked for not showing the console at their two hour long event. Then they give PR double-talk for 3 months completely glossing over their PSWorld pricing structure desperately trying to delay any bad press they would get. And then we get this?

c4blMIX.gif

c4blMIX.gif

Hahaha dude, chill out.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
We wanna see the box. We didn't necessarily need to see it at the very first announcement. These two concepts aren't incompatible.

c4blMIX.gif

It's ok dude.

jNbUS0e.jpg

It's shitty I know, someone here could probably do a better job with enough time.

How do we know that isn't straight up and down? We don't have any other angles for reference, nor are the shadows detailed enough.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

c4blMIX.gif

This reads really funny consider you seem to only have an Xbox and are heavily invested in the Xbox reveal thread. You should probably stop posting in this thread now.

The new marketing company Sony are working with is really paying off. One day before the Durango unveiling and they release this just to keep people talking about the PS4 (because let's face it, there's decent leaks from MS to discuss).

c4blMIX.gif

Pretty sure Halo is inspiring rofl...

jNbUS0e.jpg

This is almost exactly what I had in my head

I think it will have a stacked effect to it but both will be the same size, top and bottom. And it won't be angled like that, just all flat angles

The bottom will house all the really big hardware like GPU CPU and all the fans and venting. The top then will have the disc slot and whatever else. There will be a blue line in the middle going right across to sort of merge the two stacks together

LuuKyK

c4blMIX.gif

Chill dude. lol

What little we are seeing of the console looks good. I'm definitely here for a sexy stacked system. Those vents look a little too big, though. The dust that will get in there, lord.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

will be comprehensively outspent on marketing dollars... keep going. This is great tactics so far, I just hope they can keep it up once MS take the gloves off (and open the wallet)

Top Bottom