• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Teaser Video for E3

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If they would go back to PS1 era black discs that would be soooo coooool.

I loved them :

652880163_tp.jpg

I'd say there's a reason none of those shots is showing any kind of disc slot.

Dun dun etc.

Not sure if this has already been pointed out but Ryan Davis from GiantBomb retweeted this about the PS4 being designed by Frank Gehry.

YS9fsyV.jpg

I couldn't find any info about this when searching but maybe my Google kungfu sucks.

Website for Frank Gehry

Anyways, Gehry is a famous architect who designed such projects as the Guggenheim Museum in Spain, Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA, and Experience Music Project in Seattle. He was also recently chosen to design Facebook's new HQ.

He also did some jewelry design work for Tiffany & Co.

He has also done a lot of sculptures.

Maybe these designs will help shed some light and also give us an idea of what concepts he might use in designing the console. I doubt this is new thread worthy since I couldn't verify the Gehry claim.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Not sure if this has already been pointed out but Ryan Davis from GiantBomb retweeted this about the PS4 being designed by Frank Gehry.

I couldn't find any info about this when searching but maybe my Google kungfu sucks.

Anyways, Gehry is a famous architect who designed such projects as the Guggenheim Museum in Spain, Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA, and Experience Music Project in Seattle. He was also recently chosen to design Facebook's new HQ.

Maybe these designs will help shed some light and also give us an idea of what concepts he might use in designing the console. I doubt this is new thread worthy since I couldn't verify the Gehry claim.

Good catch! Now I'm really excited.

Hoo-doo

Banned

YS9fsyV.jpg

Website for Frank Gehry

I think you just missed a really obvious joke.

Holy shit. No wonder Sony's showing off PS4's design in a teaser. And it has so many different materials and surfaces.

Edit: Wait. It was a joke?

Majine

Banned
I guess the most disappointing new info around this, is that the PS4 logo is final and not some placeholder stuff. You could've come up with something new, no? Just slap a 4 on it? ...

I guess the most disappointing new info around this, is that the PS4 logo is final and not some placeholder stuff. You could've come up with something new, no? Just slap a 4 on it? ...

If it ain't broke..

It's actually a pretty nice logo, all things considered.

Twix

I think you're missing the joke. The picture posted by Vincent Caravella resembles many of Frank Gehry's wacky building designs. See:

frank_gehry_star_wood_hotel_3.jpg

dzn_Lou-Ruvo-Center-for-Brain-Health-by-Frank-Gehry-2.jpg

3424745763_6b1cef7cd4.jpg

Midas

I agree. I always thought that the PS4 logo showed earlier was just temporary. But, yeah, well. At least the hardware design looks to be amazing.

RiverBed

Banned
I am worried about the ingraved '4'. It looks like the PS3 slim model and I don't like that. It looks cheap.

I also don't like the PS3 logo. Now Vita and PS4 have it...

neptunes

It's going to have to. The number one priority is going to be preventing overheating. They did a fantastic job with that with the PS3. I wish some of their competitors did the same thing.
Ami don't think adding any more vents would have solved MS' problems. They just overlooked an obvious design flaw

xaosslug

rite? I mean like why not use a whole Apple? Why the bite? Always. Ugh.

ohwait.

Perkel

Banned
I am worried about the ingraved '4'. It looks like the PS3 slim model and I don't like that. It looks cheap.

I also don't like the PS3 logo. Now Vita and PS4 have it...

Slim looks better than phat PS3. Phat PS3 looked only good when you took it out of box and then that glossy shit plastic collected every fucking piece of garbage on it.

raven777

Comment on youtube that was rated.

I think Sony ditched that a long time ago though it did look cool.

well, the early 60gb model had the font engraved instead of just printed logo on the later version. I must say it looked good, although I don't like the font itself.

4319_300.jpg

I personally wished the logo would be colored blue like the original PS2, but well its not happening I guess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Saw this video last night... all I can say is wow.

I AM EXCITED.

Top Bottom