• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Teaser Video for E3

My rendition of the concept posted earlier (by Graphics Horse?).

nib95_PS4_teaser_concept.jpg~original

Just added the gloss section based on the photo above, along with the blue light and updated logo. The gloss section could house some sort of display or touch sensitive button icons or something, who knows.

Congrats. You were the first one to figure out what Xbox One will look like!

MS literally made a box, even 360 had more unique design. So anything different design wise is a plus for Sony, unless they really screw up lol, but given history i don't think that will happen.

I am worried though that too many ridges and crevices will be bad (for cleaning/dusting).

but this is perfect.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I bought both consoles last gen. But this gen, Microsoft's machine is out of the question.
Anti-consumer bullshit will never prevail.

andycapps

Former 360-only player here, can I join you guys now :(

The water's nice, though I have 360 and PS3.. Probably will end up with both next gen consoles as well eventually, though the One won't be until some price drops unless they show something that dramatically changes my mind to make it worth it.

electro

Banned
Playstation Marketing is on a roll lately- teaser video is now at 5.3 million views.

If a teaser video containing blurred images of the PS4 can accumulate so many views in such a short space of time, imagine how much views the official video showcasing the finished console will get.

It's pretty funny how things pan out - one minute Sony/Playstation are close to despised by US gaming press, now they have gained massive momentum and Microsoft is being downright slaughtered following yesterdays events.

Caboose

You have to go through the process of... canceling your XBL sub and the cleansing will begin

if already done so, we must wait

Expired last month. Only thing that kept me Xbox-only was Halo and a lack of money/interest in Sony exclusives.

Pretty sure that's over now.

slider

Playstation Marketing is on a roll lately- teaser video is now at 5.3 million views.

If a teaser video containing blurred images of the PS4 can accumulate so many views in such a short space of time, imagine how much views the official video showcasing the finished console will get.

It's pretty funny how things pan out - one minute Sony/Playstation are close to despised by US gaming press, now they have gained massive momentum and Microsoft is being downright slaughtered following yesterdays events.

I watched it twice(!) but even so that's a lot of views in that timescale.

Ashes

Banned
Indeed, but did that trailer go up 3 million views in one day?

Probably not. It's just that central servers are syncing up now with everywhere else. Youtube vids stop at a certain number, then google has to certify that nothing malicious is happening, and that the counts are real, and by that time, there is a backlog.
Still, 5m in a couple of days for something that amounts to nothing, is a good achievement.

Why is that thing grey?

LuuKyK

Wow @ 5 million views, last time I saw it, it was at 1 million and it was like yesterday.

Just added the gloss section based on the photo above, along with the blue light and updated logo. The gloss section could house some sort of display or touch sensitive button icons or something, who knows.

This looks good. I like it.

Someone at reddit did a mockup of the new PS4, based on the close up images from the teaser.

kRRNCnG.gif

http://imgur.com/a/XHs8q

Thoughts ?

This though, wtf. No! The circular vent at the top is just terrible. #_#

Guys the reason its climbing so fast is because its being played as an ad on youtube which iirc counts towards the view of the vid. PS meeting ad was played as an ad throughout february. Nevertheless it managed to outdo big youtube ads like the ones from superbowl so it is impressive.

Guys the reason its climbing so fast is because its being played as an ad on youtube which iirc counts towards the view of the vid. PS meeting ad was played as an ad throughout february. Nevertheless it managed to outdo big youtube ads like the ones from superbowl so it is impressive.
Even so, that's a good move by Sony. Probably reaches more people than a TV ad.

vio

Someone at reddit did a mockup of the new PS4, based on the close up images from the teaser.

kRRNCnG.gif

Thoughts ?

It won`t be as thin and that ugly. The console is square shaped so it could end up a bit thicker than xBone. Because of thickness i can imagine that circular went will be on side of the console.
i am just talking shit

Hoo-doo

Banned
Sony has also been sending out a steady stream of hype-fueling emails to PSN subscribers lately.
The meeting, the trailers and reveal, the E3 tease, I all got them in my inbox in some form. It's clever marketing and could explain the amount of hits they are seeing.

Paganmoon

kRRNCnG.gif

Thoughts ?

I seem to be alone in thinking that's hot as hell?

Holy shit 5 million though we have to remember it was an ad but nevertheless thats impressive.

Shit, wasn't it at 2 million yesterday?

Don't forget they've got several channels aswell another 700k at the Playstation channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdRgCQhOTco

Another 200k at PlaystationJP channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIZx5FytEPY

Not sure if they've got more though.

Midas

it has a 28nm APU...it won't be that large. But damn the new Xbox is HUGE, so you never know!

Not sure if the pictures from Wired is final hardware, but that PCB... Isn't there so much space available on it? Shouldn't it be possible to cram things together a bit more? But maybe heat would become an issue.

But hey, it's less than three weeks until we get to see it now.

Proxy

I don't think that's how that works.

Woorloog

Banned

Pretty concept.
Much, much better than Xbone.

kRRNCnG.gif

Thoughts ?
Not bad either. Prefer the former (Nib/Graphics Horse) though.

Top Bottom