• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UI Walkthrough (Menus, Friends, Profile, DVR, Twitch, Apps, Store, Remote Play)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The main UI contains a list of 'recent' items at the end of which is a 'Library' icon which I believe takes you to all the stuff you have downloaded (it may also include stuff you own but haven't downloaded)

Library is the new Download List.

ps4_launch_broll_1_noxifuz.png

I'm curious to see if it looks exactly like the current Download List or like grid mode in Steam.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If all video apps are under 'TV/Video' and the same for music, then they need to add one for games, and possibly one for apps. I don't want all my games just strung out randomly along that line. It'll not only make it difficult to find a game but also difficult to find TV/Video stuff because those icons will be diluted amongst game icons

Just have the last 4-6 things I did, then have 'folder' icons for TV&Video, apps, Games, web browser etc. You can put 'library' in the games section if its just a download history. Live from playstation could go under TV/video too. Keep that top line uncluttered.

If you use an app like netflix, does that appear in the recent activity list? Haven't seen that yet, only seems to be games.

suedester

Banned
Yeah, these videos are pretty awful. Editing is terrible. Hopefully the OP edits his post when proper walkthroughs come out shortly. This is youtube click bait.

Hey NinjaCarrot, can you add a note in your OP that the video consists of a lot of editing cuts? It really doesn't represent the flow of the UI.

Edit: Thanks!

tait269

Yeah, these videos are pretty awful. Editing is terrible. Hopefully the OP edits his post when proper walkthroughs come out shortly. This is youtube click bait.

It is unedited B-Roll Footage cut into sections. Full Walkthroughs Will be up at 2pm

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
is this the final PSN store? basically same as PS3 but faster?

It was described as something on an OS level instead of launching as an app on PS3. That explains the speed increase on top of PS4 being significantly faster than PS3.

Fredrik

Looks worse than PS3 XMB aestethically, reminds me of PSStore kind of, maybe it's the color and font I don't know, but enter/exit the Store and uploading/streaming videos etc are super quick so at least it won't be annoying to use.

VanWinkle

I'm really happy with this so far. Facial log in, at first glance, seems completely useless, but I heard that the tilting of the head is an optional additional security method. We will see. The UI, including the store, seems nicely consistent.

Dragon

Banned
Facial log in just seems silly anyway. I guess I don't have anyone playing on the console besides myself so I won't worry about it.

Sendou

Seems like you do have an opinion. Don't be scared to share it!

I just did. Nothing spectacular. I don't really know how to say it fancily in English but what I basically mean is that I don't really dislike anything but it didn't amaze me either. Also seeing how it's nothing amazing I think it will receive a rehaul like HD twins did for several times last gen.

-NeoTB1-

Bad videos, but from what I can tell it seems fluid and responsive. That's all I really care about in a console UI. The rest is just eye candy. Good job, Sony.

I'm getting the X1 first this year but I have to say the PS4 UI looks great.

So best wishes to all the PS4 gamers out there and happy early Christmas!

I hope that music is optional. The only noticeable frame rate being choppy was during the store section. Everything else seemed smooth and fast.

Top Bottom