• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4/XB1/Wii U sales recap - 2015

RibMan

Well the US is Xbox land. Though the PlayStation is a global brand and always has been, the US is loyal to Xbox. I never really see people with PlayStation at school or talking about it. Every time I ask someone at school what console do they play it's always Xbox. I personally only know about 8 people including myself who plays on PlayStation. I know I don't know the whole country, but every gamer I meet is always an Xbox player so I never really have people to play with because I'm a PlayStation guy.

The whole country:

USA
PS4 12.4
XB1 11.1

6358177813696988401291296824_michael-scott-the-office-9.jpg

Nere

WooHoo another comparison thread! Just what this site needs.

This site is full of Sony fanboys. It's the whole reason why so many of these get started up. It's a tool to brag about the PS4

I regret to inform you that this thread is interesting to many people here. So just because there are sales comparison we are bragging about Ps4? I am sure if Xbox or Wii U had the highest sales there would still be sales threads because, surprise, people find them interesting, it has nothing to do with Ps4.

Revas

I didn't realize the US market was so competitive. It would be huge for MS to continue to keep up with Sony on the home front. The rest of the world has largely gone with Sony.

Really shows you Xbox's weak popularity outside NA. (And yet some continue to be surprised when the system doesn't do well in other regions.)

On Demand

Banned
I didn't realize the US market was so competitive. It would be huge for MS to continue to keep up with Sony on the home front. The rest of the world has largely gone with Sony.

Well holiday 2014 helped things alot for them. Going into it the gap was over 1 million and looking to increase, MS stopped that. 2015 didn't work as well as last year, so i think the gap will continue to grow from here on.

Unless MS has plans this year

ps3ud0

So with Canada being the biggest market unknown is that a new thing or has it always had a lack of numbers?

ps3ud0 8)

Xbox One is competing with the PS4?

I mean, that's like saying Chelsea is still competing for the championship this year.

In 1.5 regions, yes. My point was mainly that the WiiU is completely irrelveant.

Wii U is competitive?

2:1 where the 1 is still outselling last gen is competitive. Maybe not WW but US/UK, sure.

Wii U has outsold XBO in France, Germany, Japan and possibly others.

^ this

I think including Wii U would be a nice addition to comparing sales in todays market.

Outside of Japan, the XB1 will pass both this year. WiiU is a dead console walking.

err, japan for console gaming is dead. 360, ps3 and wii sold a combined of 120 million in us alone vs 22 million in japan. yes xbone is getting destroyed by ps4, but it will still do over 40-50 million units, while the wiiu will end with 15 million, and is at the end of it's life cycle. honestly it's not really worth discussing wiiu sales, we all know by now what it's gonna sell before being replaced.

Exactly.

ethomaz

Banned
Great thread.

I will teu To find Wii U because it will show the picture Xbone is only ahead it because the huge difference in numbers in UK and US.

ethomaz

Banned
Outside of Japan, the XB1 will pass both this year. WiiU is a dead console walking.
I do thing Wii U will be ahead a lot is countries after this year yet.

Say Wii U is a dead console outside Japan is the same that say Xbone is a dead console outside UK/US.

ethomaz

Banned
You started this thread...shouldn't you care? I mean, aren't the #s he's quoting higher than what's listed for China?
He is saying who cares the numbers are not officially confirmed by MS/Sony because neither number in OP is.

That doesn't make them less reliable.

I wonder if the PS4 is ahead in Canada since it does cost more than the XB1 up here. Sales for PS4 are also pretty rare (in Ontario anyway) while sales for an XB1 pop up more regularly.

Raist

Banned
You started this thread...shouldn't you care? I mean, aren't the #s he's quoting higher than what's listed for China?

The numbers he quotes are shipped figures.

Considering he's put out a lot of charts on GAF that were "citing" stuff like "NPD and some analysts and my analysis" and stuff like that, I don't know why he's getting agitated.
He's been perm'd here, so I don't know why he keeps trying to circumvent that by asking people to post on his behalf.

I never said in the OP that these are 100% accurate figures confirmed by Sony or MS, but I linked sources. I think it should be obvious that these figures (like a lot of things) should be taken with a grain of salt. The size of which will depend on the source.

noobie

Banned
Well the US is Xbox land. Though the PlayStation is a global brand and always has been, the US is loyal to Xbox. I never really see people with PlayStation at school or talking about it. Every time I ask someone at school what console do they play it's always Xbox. I personally only know about 8 people including myself who plays on PlayStation. I know I don't know the whole country, but every gamer I meet is always an Xbox player so I never really have people to play with because I'm a PlayStation guy.

So in which landfill Sony has dumped 12,399,992 PS4.

Well holiday 2014 helped things alot for them. Going into it the gap was over 1 million and looking to increase, MS stopped that. 2015 didn't work as well as last year, so i think the gap will continue to grow from here on.

I think the gap will start to grow even faster now. Holiday 2014 did more than close the sales gap between the PS4 and XB1. It was a great PR shot in the arm for the XB1 that raised the stature of the console back to being on par with the PS4. With its inability to repeat that feat this past holiday, I think the PS4 will start to be viewed as the default console to get.

There are a significant number of potential buyers who will get whichever console is considered to be the winner. Up til now in the US you could credibly say that the XB1 and PS4 were mostly tied. Unless Microsoft has a trick to pull, going forward that will increasingly no longer be the case. Add to that the PS4 will be releasing the PlayStaion VR within 6 months along with high profile games. That's going to be a lot of positive press for the console that I can't see Microsoft having an answer for.

The US used to be PlayStation land. The PS1 and PS2 destroyed the competition. If it wasn't for Sonys Royal stupidity, it would of been the same with the PS3.

On Demand

Banned
I think the gap will start to grow even faster now. Holiday 2014 did more than close the sales gap between the PS4 and XB1. It was a great PR shot in the arm for the XB1 that raised the stature of the console back to being on par with the PS4. With its inability to repeat that feat this past holiday, I think the PS4 will start to be viewed as the default console to get.

There are a significant number of potential buyers who will get whichever console is considered to be the winner. Up til now in the US you could credibly say that the XB1 and PS4 were mostly tied. Unless Microsoft has a trick to pull, going forward that will increasingly no longer be the case. Add to that the PS4 will be releasing the PlayStaion VR within 6 months along with high profile games. That's going to be a lot of positive press for the console that I can't see Microsoft having an answer for.

I agree. PS4 has tons going on this year and it doesn't look like MS can rely on the holiday strategy anymore, so they'll have to come up with something else.

$250 XB1 slim at E3?

Purest 78

This site is full of Sony fanboys. It's the whole reason why so many of these get started up. It's a tool to brag about the PS4

This site is a worldwide site so it reflects worldwide trends. If you're uncomfortable with that maybe a xbox only site is best for you.

Raist

Banned
No but seriously guys, if the lack of WiiU data in this thread is THAT MUCH of a problem, just post the data and I'll update the OP and ask a mod to update the title.

Vitacat

The PS4 outselling the X1 in the US is still mind blowing...

I own both systems and love them both.

But MS seriously screwed up this generation. They backtracked pretty well and Phil Spencer is terrific etc., but the damage was already done, and being the noticeably (generally speaking) weaker hardware doesn't help.

Nevertheless, there are still a ton of XB1's sold, and games will continue to be made for it.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Someone missed the pre-launch to mid PS3 years here.

Yup. And I'm pretty sure Wii was also a forum darling back then too.

Just like at some sites iPhone folks used to dominate threads. Now its mixed Android and iPhone with Android dominating at times. Basically this:

This site is a worldwide site so it reflects worldwide trends. If you're uncomfortable with that maybe a xbox only site is best for you.

Intrigue

Banned

I would guess the gap in US will be near 2mil before holidays this year.

Intrigue

Banned
Fine, I've looked up and added WIU sales figures myself, you lazy whiny gits :p

You are now a hero to a bunch of fanboys, both wii and xbox ones.

Wii-U for acknowleding their preferred system
Xbox for no longer showing them last,

/sarcasm

Top Bottom