• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4/XB1/Wii U sales recap - 2015

I don't understand some comments here, France for example, the Xbox one is doing better than the 360. There seems to be people who believe the 360 did well in Europe. It didn't.

Man everyone on the first page talking about how Wii U doesn't matter and shouldn't be included etc. etc...it's not even all that far off. At worst it's like any console generation where one of the three is behind. Even half as many sales as the next closest competitor is worth seeing. Data in general is worth having and examining.

Conduit

Banned
To OP.

For example, some numbers should be edited like this :

China (April 2015)
PS4 0.073 ( in 1 month since launch in March 2015. )
XB1 0.071 ( in 8 months since launch in Sep. 2014 . )
WIU n/a

I wonder if the PS4 is ahead in Canada since it does cost more than the XB1 up here. Sales for PS4 are also pretty rare (in Ontario anyway) while sales for an XB1 pop up more regularly.

The price has never really seemed to make a difference. PS4 hardware and software has been consistently above that of XB1 on Amazon charts despite the latter being cheaper most of the time.

Raist

Banned
To OP.

For example, some numbers should be edited like this :

China (April 2015)
PS4 0.073 ( in 1 month since launch in March 2015. )
XB1 0.071 ( in 8 months since launch in Sep. 2014 . )
WIU n/a

Yeah, I'm not THAT bored.

Best Sellers in Amazon.ca is a terrible measure for sales.

In relative terms, not necessarily. Unless you think people have a particular bias towards one brand on Amazon.

allan-bh

In relative terms, not necessarily. Unless you think people have a particular bias towards one brand on Amazon.

Ouya was the best selling item for 2014 in computer and videogame category.

Anyway, I'm not canadian but I have seen many of them talking here that canadians don't like amazon.ca, it's far for being a seller with good prices, so is not important in the country as Amazon is in USA.

gtj1092

Ouya was the best selling item for 2014 in computer and videogame category.

Anyway, I'm not canadian but I have seen many of them talking here that canadians don't like amazon.ca, it's far for being a seller with good prices, so is not important as Amazon USA.

In the end I would imagine that the console that is constantly having sales despite already being prices lower is the one that is selling less. And still you haven't explained why amazon.ca customers will be more willing to pay more for a ps4 but retail customers wouldn't also follow suit. Either way I'm pretty sure it was either Aqua or Cosmic who mentioned that Cananda was a blue state or something to that effect a few months ago. I took it to mean Ps4 is ahead.

Welfare

In the end I would imagine that the console that is constantly having sales despite already being prices lower is the one that is selling less. And still you haven't explained why amazon.ca customers will be more willing to pay more for a ps4 but retail customers wouldn't also follow suit. Either way I'm pretty sure it was either Aqua or Cosmic who mentioned that Cananda was a blue state or something to that effect a few months ago. I took it to mean Ps4 is ahead.

In December 2014, the PS4 sold more than the Xbox One. There was another hint in May 2015 I think, but I would have to look for that.

allan-bh

amazon.ca is a place when people are more willing to pay higher prices, canadians that are more price sensitive buy in others places. That's what I saw people from there saying here several times, maybe someone from Canada can appear in this thread and talk about.

I believe PS4 is the leader on Canada too, my only doubt is the split comparison with USA.

Raist

Banned
amazon.ca is a place when people are more willing to pay higher prices, canadians that are more price sensitive buy in others places. That's what I saw people from there saying here several times, maybe someone from Canada can appear in this thread and talk about.

I believe PS4 is the leader on Canada too, my only doubt is the split comparison with USA.

Wait, you think it's lower than in the US?

Piggus

In short:
worldwidesalesps4xbond7r54.png

Gonna need to see the receipts when it comes to New Zealand.

Piggus

Well the US is Xbox land. Though the PlayStation is a global brand and always has been, the US is loyal to Xbox. I never really see people with PlayStation at school or talking about it. Every time I ask someone at school what console do they play it's always Xbox. I personally only know about 8 people including myself who plays on PlayStation. I know I don't know the whole country, but every gamer I meet is always an Xbox player so I never really have people to play with because I'm a PlayStation guy.

The US is Microsoft's only strong market, but that doesn't mean this is Xbox land. The only people I know who only own an Xbone are either former 360 owners who don't really know much about either system but bought it because of the brand, or diehard Xbox fans who just really like Halo, Gears, etc. For everyone else, there isn't much of a reason to have one over the PS4. Many of my friends who owned a 360 switched to PS4. Xbox is still arguably the "cool" brand here, but more people who make an informed buying decision are ending up with the PS4.

Mexico and Brazil too (No joke).

Those two (especially Brazil) are hard to judge because of the grey market. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bone is "officially" outselling the PS4 in Brazil, but I would imagine more gamers there own a PS4 due to the grey market. That's just a total guess though.

Welfare

Read in context. Everyone is saying the Xbox one is doing really bad when the 360 never did anything as well as guys are implying. I mean in France for example, x1 is doing better than the 360.

360 sold very well in Europe. XB1 is ahead in certain regions launched aligned now, but come 2018, that'll be the opposite. The XB1 is not going to get a Kinect equivalent that extends its life.

allan-bh

The US is Microsoft's only strong market, but that doesn't mean this is Xbox land. The only people I know who only own an Xbone are either former 360 owners who don't really know much about either system but bought it because of the brand, or diehard Xbox fans who just really like Halo, Gears, etc. For everyone else, there isn't much of a reason to have one over the PS4. Many of my friends who owned a 360 switched to PS4. Xbox is still arguably the "cool" brand here, but more people who make an informed buying decision are ending up with the PS4.

For the average player that want a console to play the big hits of the market, I believe price and which system friends have are the major factors for choose between PS4 or Xbox One.

PS4 having better specs and more japanese games is something appealing in the core world, but not in the mass market.

360 sold very well in Europe. XB1 is ahead in certain regions launched aligned now, but come 2018, that'll be the opposite. The XB1 is not going to get a Kinect equivalent that extends its life.

I don't think so. Sold very well in UK.

You just proved my point, 360 didn't do that well until later in its life because it benefitted from a long Gen and a year head start.

Right now the xo is doing better than the 360 in regions with half of that.

When you compare the 360 to the one you shouldn't use current treans for the xo and ltds for the 360, that's not a fair comparison.

It also doesn't make sense to say the xo or imply the xo is doing horribly when its doing better than the 360 in a number of regions as you just said. Making it seem like the 360 was selling like hotcakes on Europe before the Kinect or during its first few years. It didn't.

Raist

Banned
Yes after a slow loong Gen, after the ps3 fixed it's fumbling.

Btw the xo is doing better than the 360 in France, look at the France sales thread.

30% of the XB1'a current advantage comes from the launch. You know, when MS shipped 0.5M 360 for the whole of europe.

allan-bh

The 360 has sold +40 million outside of the US. I'd think Europe represents more than half of that number.

9 million in UK alone.

PS3 outsold X360 by a significant margin in France and Germany, was a massacre in Spain. In smaller countries something similar must have happened.

30% of the XB1'a current advantage comes from the launch. You know, when MS shipped 0.5M 360 for the whole of europe.

Xbox One sold better in 2014 than Xbox 360 in 2006. Same thing with 2015 vs. 2007.

So Xbox One is doing better than 360 in France anyway, doesn't matter if 360 had supply problems on launch.

Top Bottom