• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & XOne owners - Give your 9 month review

funkypie

Banned
probably should have waited.

buying a console after a year or two it has been out and then buying new and old games is always good. was great doing that on the ps1 and ps2. but then again those had better games anyway.

Cheech

Disappointed with both systems, primarily because there's no wireless earpiece/mic like last gen. Irritating.

Wish the Xbone's GPU was better, and they'd make the UI not look like crap.

Otherwise, relatively happy with both systems right now.

Darksol

Im genuinely curious about this: Did you expect much? Sony advertised the ps4 very much as the games console. That its all about games. I figured from day one ps4 would have the edge there and ms would have the edge on media.

I expected exactly what they told me I would be getting. I bought it on launch day for Resogun. Game on it every day. Now I'd just like it to, at the bare minimum, match the media capabilities of the PS3. I think that's a reasonable expectation. I have no doubt they'll get there eventually.

Allforce

Store is confusing until you figure out how they want you to use it. You can go to the games section when you scroll right or just say Xbox Bing and the games name.

I get that, but there is just no section like "View All Games" or "View All Demos". It's all "Top Rated" or "New Demos" or "Recommended For You".

And no Kinect so Bing does nothing. I get that I can search for a specific game but the point is I want to BROWSE the store and see everything that is offered instead of what MS just wants to sell me at any specific point in time.

I have had both systems but a changing in how I play games has meant sticking with he Xbox. Just a nicer all round machine for me, never had an issue with no games to play and enjoyed the variety I have had.

It did help I missed games like Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed last gen but now I am excited for some Kinect based games too like Fruit Ninja.

Plex app coming to Xbox is a huge deal for me and I do like the ease of using voice commands.

I play online games mostly now and Halo MCC will be my go to game, I usually only rotate games so it's perfect for me, something about the Xbox ecosystem I prefer can't put my finger on it exactly. Controller factored in a little bit too.

Ryse was actually my favorite game so far but I love Roman lore so it was cool to get to play a game that explored it and in my opinion was executed brilliantly.

On the Horizon for me is:

Metro Redux
Fifa 15
Forza Horizon 2
Halo MCC
Sunset Overdrive
Ori
Fruit Ninja Kinect

Still have not played Dead Rising 3 either so thinking about giving that a whirl.

jem0208

Had an X1 since mid December.

Really enjoyed it. Even though I have been ridiculously busy, I've still used it every day. Either for games or watching TV/Netflix.

It really is a brilliant media box when you get it set up. I could be watching TV with someone then the phone rings and they have to disappear and I'll just switch over to play some Battlefield. I've raced the real Stig in Forza with Top Gear snapped to the side, during the world cup I have TV snapped and I would simulate the game in Fifa whilst watching it at the same time.

It feels really next gen, both in terms of graphics and feature sets. Going downstairs in the morning, having the console turn on both itself, the TV and the TV box and then switch on Battlefield all without me touching the controller or sitting down is just fantastic.

Loving it.

I expected exactly what they told me I would be getting. I bought it on launch day for Resogun. Game on it every day. Now I'd just like it to, at the bare minimum, match the media capabilities of the PS3. I think that's a reasonable expectation. I have no doubt they'll get there eventually.

Im pretty sure theyve even officially said they were gonna get there eventually.

have had both since launch. ps4 is the shit. i love it. xbone only gets turned on to download free games with gold at this point. hoping that will change at some point.

Picked up my PS4 around December. Have been using it constantly and more so than my PC.

Of course the biggest use has been for Final Fantasy XIV as it's much easier to bring my PS4 to a friends house than my PC. Also been playing through AC4 and BF4 mostly though I did get TLoU off of Gamefly.

Eggbok

I use my PS4 a few times a week, my Xbox hasn't been touched since before Watch Dogs came out.
Got both at launch.

Qwell

Went in with realistic expectations so I suppose I could go with:

PS4 - A
Xbox One - B
Wii U - A

I think they are all good consoles that will give us some great games during this generation, but its a slow start like it almost always is. I really enjoy the design of the PS4, small, quiet, efficient UI for the most part, but they will probably need to add some folder type options to the library very soon. I also really love the DS4, I think its a great controller, been using it since before launch on any PS3 games that would support it via USB. I have spent the majority of my time pretty evenly split between PC and PS4 since getting it. Tons of AC4, Killzone, Knack (not tons, just beat it once, and did enjoy it), InFamous SS, and now I can't get enough of TLoU: Remastered. I also have enjoyed the indie games for it, there is always stuff for me to do when I find the time.

For the Xbox, I'm not the biggest fan of the controller, the sticks done feel right, and neither do the bumpers, but its still serviceable. But it won't be taking over my wireless 360 for PC gaming I know that. Well, maybe when I need to use a dpad, but PS4 is working well for that. I have Forza, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, and some other freebies, but really I have only beat Dead Rising 3. I had a stint of Killer Instinct fever (played the hell out of it when I was younger) but fighting games just don't hold my interest much anymore. Everyone in the house has had a hell of a time with the voice commands. Its in the family room, its just me, the wife, and our roommate so its a quiet house, but I swear "Xbox On" works maybe 20% of the time, after 3-4 attempts I usually just grab the controller and turn it on. Other voice commands it is also pretty terrible at, it will hear me, but perform the wrong function, it loves to "Snap" when I'm trying to do other stuff like go home. "Xbox Turn Off" seems to work well though. I think the design of the box is ugly, but it is quiet which is nice, I really just don't play a lot of stuff on it, I played some of the TitanFall Beta, but the game didn't grab me, while I got Ghosts for the PS4, I'm just not a twitch shooter anymore, Battlefield all the way (which I double dipped, PC and PS4, love it so much).

Wii U, picked it up on the $200 refurb deal, at first we played a ton, and it finally got my wife to play games which I thought was awesome. She is actually the reason we got the Xbox one, she wanted it for the fitness, which she never uses, and after getting the Wii U she immediately said we should have gotten it over the Xbox one in the first place. I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the N64 so its been great playing Nintendo stuff again. I still think its horrible that their online "profile" stuff is so archiac. I should have an account that comes with me to new systems and keeps my library in tact, but I don't trust anything I buy digital on it I will get to use on new systems. Outside of our binge on Super Mario 3D world, I haven't played a ton of other games even though I went out and picked up a crap ton. Mostly its because I have wwaaaaaayyyyy too much stuff to play, and just not enough time. And at the end of the day my PC and PS4 are in my den, while the xbox one and wii u are in the shared living space of the family room so I just don't play either one as much.

so far so good, i have turned it on almost 24/7. whether is for streaming/BRays or gaming is a fucking champ, only disappointment is in the media department but is not even a year yet so we will see
/PS4

eliochip

PS4 here

I don't play as much "AAA" games as I have in the past. Maybe it's because there aren't that many out to begin with? Although I haven't touched Assassins Creed 4 or Battlefield

I've been playing indies like theres no tomorrow though. Games like Strike Suit Zero keep me satisfied.

The controller is cool. I love the interface. Everything just seems pleasant. The PS3 by comparison was an eyesore but got better. I like the PS4 a lot

I've had an XB1 since launch and I think it's an amazing system so far. The quality and pace of the games have been amazing and i have yet to experience any sort of drought. The OS at Launch was a little rough as the OS was pretty buggy at the start but it has improved dramatically since day one.

At launch I really enjoyed playing Ryse, DR3 and KI has been an extremely pleasant surprise as it was my most played game at launch. I got BF4 after Xmas and played that for a good while too as it was also a great game. However I was disappointed with the next Gen version of madden and zoo tycoon. Moving forward I picked up PvZ and titanfall in consecutive weeks and I have been playing both of those non stop since they releases. I also picked up KS rivals but it was a massive disappointment lacking any of the mini games of previous entry.

When GWG launched I got to try out Max and Guacamelee and both of those games were wonderful. Then recently I picked up the EA access pass and have been really enjoying Fifa and Peggle as well as rekindling my love of BF as some people that skipped it at launch just jumped in.

I have a ton of games to look forward to this fall, at the top of my list are Halo MCC, Destiny, and Sunset overdrive.

In terms of OS I have loved the package that Microsoft has prepared. The TV features, IR blasting, and instant switching has added a level of convienence to my life that I didn't know I wanted. Xbox fitness has been a welcome addition in my household as well, I've let my gym membership lapse and have started solely working out with xbox fitness and outside activities. I will say that the NFL integration was a massive disappointment last year, the snapped star tracking was setup in an awful way and I couldn't import any of my fantasy team. Also snap mode has just not been very useful to this point... I've started using it more thanks to a recent update but it's not bear as useful as I would have liked.

it's still massively disappointing that the xb1 has weaker internals then PS4 and has trouble doing 1080p and is the only real issue I have with the system right now because overall it has been a joy to use and a joy to play.

I own both WiiU and PS4 and the only game I played on WiiU is MH3U. I have PS4 since launch and the only game I finished is Knack. However I really enjoy smaller titles on PS4 eg Resogun, Don't Starve and Strider. My time has been occupied mostly by FFXIV on PC so I don't really feel PS4 drought that many people complain about. After this month though I will play a lot more PS4 because of Diablo 3.

Valonquar

AC IV, Infamous: SS, Ground Zeroes, Outcast, TLoU: Remastered, and a few other 10 minute forgettable freebies have left me overall happy, but not completely satisfied with my day one purchase of the PS4. The total lack of media playback capabilities outside of Blu-Ray/DVD is extremely disappointing. My PS3 got a LOT of attention with media server and USB stick playback.

I did find a notable difference in load times when I upgraded my PS4's HDD to a SSD, especially in FFXIV. I can't say it was overall worth diving in at launch. Most of the biggest games I am looking forward to won't even drop til sometime in 2015.

I do like the changes they have made to the playstation store, and downloading/installing games has gotten a lot less clunky. I look forward to a time when the PS+ offerings on the PS4 start to be something other than indie games that seem very out of place. Half of them feel like games for a phone.

Korezo

I should of never bought a ps4 at launch. Rarely use it, think about selling it everyday. Waiting for Xrd and bloodborne which is far away, should of waited for one of these 2 games to release 1st.

T.O.P

Banned
WiiU: Only got the console a month ago, MK8 and 3D World are awesome, ZombiU is one of the best survival horror in years, Pikmin 3 is my first entry in the series and i'm absolutely loving it
Mainly bought it for X and Bayonetta 2

PS4: Bought one for Bloodbourne and Naughty Dog games, so far it's underwhelming (Infamous SS was short and shallow, Killzone bored me extremely fast) and i hardly use it outside of TLOU:R (wich is still one of the greatest experience in gaming imo) will probably get more use this fall with Driveclub and GGXrd, a neat lyttle piece of tech tthough

X1: a good 80% of my gaming time is on this, launch was perfect for me, DR3 is tons of fun, Killer Instinct - Forza 5 - Titanfall are great mp games wich i still play daily, the community is as good as on 360, the OS is getting better and better with every update and this fall is looking NUTS for games
HALO MCC - Sunset Overdrive - Forza Horizon 2 - Ori - KI S2
I also end up buying most of the multiplats on X1, i just prefer the controller and environment much more, it feels more like home to me

So far
1)X1
2)WiiU
3)Ps4

Use my PS4 every day, either for Netflix or going through some backlog (TLOUR, Wolfenstein, ACIV).

One hasn't been used since Titanfall came out, only booted up to install monthly updates. It isn't that I don't like it, but I buy multiplat on PS4 so there's nothing to play. Looking forward to Sunset Overdrive though, most anticipated game of the year.

Wii U is fantastic, easily best of the three from a software perspective.

Dust collectors. I rarely play my PS4, BUT, this isn't all the fault of the PS4.

Since the launch:

Bought a house
Bought a puppy
Beefed up PC for DK2
Received DK2
Summer

Come winter I'm sure I'll be back to playing again, but for now it's too hot, and there's too much shit to do outside.

I just recently got TLOU and will be playing through that for the next few weeks. But I'm more hyped about VR and DK2 than anything, once that honeymoon ends I'm sure I'll start looking for something to play on the PS4 ... but it's been pretty dry out there. Vita is a dust collector, too.

When it first launched I played all of the release games for the most part. It's a great system, but there are too many other things going on in 'life' and my selection of games has dwindled. I don't play a lot of the style of games I used to play (FPS in general, Racing games on consoles).

Omega

Banned
Disappointed in both tbh.

PS4
  • Infamous was good but extremely short. Got the platinum in like 10 hours. First Light is maybe 2-3 hours shorter, offers more replayability for 1/4th the price. that's kind of sad when DLC is more appealing than the base game
  • MLB 14 was my first baseball game in a long time. Thought I would have fun playing with friends. Nope. Quite possibly the worst online game ever. Kind of baffling no one outside of people who have played it actually know how bad it is.
  • Killzone was killzone. I've never liked them. While they're pretty, I don't play graphics.
  • Indies. They don't really do anything for me. I have a PC so I play most indies on there.
  • Promised features either don't work or exist.

XB1 (only got in June so not really a 9 month review)
  • Ryse was good, short like Infamous.
  • Dead Rising i'll get on PC so I only played the game for about an hour to see if I actually liked it
  • There's aspects of the OS which I just hate. Friends list having to be full screen. Redeeming a code being unnecessarily stupid. I just use xbox.com for that now. I think it's dumb how you really get no notification that someone followed you.
  • achievement system is broke. it worked perfectly fine on 360, don't know why they had to mess with it

My PS4 has been collecting dust. XB1 only gets turned on for Titanfall and WWE Network. Load times are a damn joke on both systems which is probably the most disappointing thing about both systems. It's why I prefer my Xbox slightly more, suspend/resume is amazing.

DSmalls84

PS4:
+My favorite controller and UI of the two systems. UI is fast and easy to navigate.
+TLOU and Infamous are good exclusives.
+PS+ game selection
-Poor Battery life compared to XB1 pad.
-Louder than XB1 in entertainment center.

Xbox One:
+Better launch exclusives in Dead Rising and Forza/TitanFall (Window)
+Controller is good w/ great battery life.
+Prefer Xbox for Media. Kinect Voice Commands are used regularly for TV/Netflix/blu-ray.
- UI doesn't feel as streamlined as PS4.

Conclusion: PS4 is my go to console for multiplats. XB1 is used primarily for media and exclusive games. Honestly both are great consoles with different strengths.

Kssio_Aug

Im at work so I will give a quick review, I own both PS4 and Xone.

Playstation 4
+Exclusives are trully exclusives, and their IPs are really strong and well produced.
+The system has some good features (like cross-chat) and its damn stable.
+The hardware is powerfull.
+Dualshock 4 is amazing.
-As a brazilian I have no access to Playstation Now and probably neither Shareplay.
-The system updates really lacks support, share doesnt work as it should and theres still no pause download function, what I find an absurd.
-This year will end up pretty weak, exclusive games wise.
-They dont allow region changing at all till this date, what means on a brand new account if you intend to change for whatever reason.

Xbox One
+This year will end up with 3 awesome exclusive titles.
+Theyre giving and exemplar support at their system update, that is month after month more complete of amazing features.
+The controller is still amazing!
+Youre free to change region with your account.
+Even on Brazil I have acces to Azure dedicated servers!
-I cant always trust on their exclusivties announcemets.
-The hardware is good but end up rarely outputing 1080p.
-The system besides complete and awesome lacks stability.

I've honestly been happy with all three, to varying degrees

Wii U: Mostly happy, but probably because I think of it as a side console over a "main one". The game releases have been sparce and the eshop output has been quite poor. Despite that there's no denying that there's been excellent games released on the system, and the rest of 2014 looks great with Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, and Smash Bros.

PS4: VERY happy with my PS4. Lots of games to play (I own 10 disk based games, I think), the PSN store has been great and plentiful in terms of games, and the UI/voice chat/etc is much improved over PS3 and...actually enjoyable. That does for the controller too, thank god. Completely happy here.

Xbox One: I definitely could have waited until October or November to get this one and survived, but that said I've really enjoyed owning the system. I own the fewest games on this one compared to the other two - just Dead Rising 3, Plants vs Zombies: GW, and Titanfall, but those are all games that I put a lot of time into and liked a whole lot, especially Titanfall. Beyond games, the system UI and features are really good. Maybe I'm in the minority there but I really like how all he features of the system function / work together.

So basically:
Wii U - game releases are spread out but high quality, so I'm happy
PS4 - game releases are plentiful and good, so I'm happy
XBO - I own the least games but put a whole lot of time into those games, so I'm happy

I'm also happy with how prevalent 60FPS has been on all three consoles. I mean, just looking at the retail games I own...

7/9 games I own on Wii U are 60 FPS
8/10 games I own on PS4 are 60 FPS
2/3 games I own on XBO are 60 FPS

That's just awesome and I hope it keeps up.

TheHall

PS4 in 9 Months

November

Bought Killzone, returned it within 24 hours. Not my thing.
Traded it in for Black Flag, which was an absolute blast.
Played some Resogun here and there with remote play.

December
Finished up Black Flag.
Played Dragon's Dogma on PS3.

January

Bought Need for Speed. Played it a grand total of 8 hours, until I downloaded Don't Starve.
Played it with the wife, great fun. Still playing Dragon's Dogma on PS3.

February

Some Don't Starve here and there, didn't see much use elsewhere.

March

Traded in Black Flag for Infamous: Second Son.
Fun, but short.

April

Traded in Infamous: Second Son towards Destiny Pre-order.
Played FFX-HD on Vita pretty much exclusively.

May

PS4 doesn't get any game time.

June

Picked Don't Starve back up with the wife.

July

Destiny: Beta, This is why i got a new console baby!

August

Upgraded TLOUto TLOU:RE Can't get back into the story, but i guess this game deserves to stay on the shelf.

Just bought a second controller for when i pick up Diablo on Tuesday.

I could have waited with my purchase until September and not miss much, but i'm happy i picked one up at launch either way.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
have multiples of both. PS4 is primary with huge backlog. loving it. around xmas my xbone should see more attention.

Foshy

In 9 months, I built a nice collection of PS4 games already, with 8 retail titles and 26 digital titles (not including F2P games/betas/demos of course).

My highlights so far have been Resogun, Infamous, Trials Fusion, Towerfall, Octodad, Child of Light, Transistor and lately Rogue Legacy, Hohokum, Road not Taken and TLoU:R.

I feel like there's a lot of variety in the lineup already, it's just the AAA games that are lacking so far. So I guess if you're one of those guys who snobs "indie" games you could be angry. But let me tell you, you're missing out, and go read this article.

Anyway, when fall arrives with Destiny, Alien, Evil Within, Driveclub, The Crew, LBP3 and the annual AAA sports games/CoD/AC it'll look better for those people too. And 2015 is even better.
The only people left unhappy will be JRPG fans.

I also got an XB1 2 months ago, I only own Forza 5 and the free Games with Gold so far. Wanna pick up Super Time Force when it goes on sale and looking forward to a lot of the stuff that was shown on E3, but for my tastes PS4 had the better line-up so far.

X1 - picked one up on day 1 and have played RYSE, DR3, Forza, ACIV, TR:DE, Titanfall, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein. They were all pretty great games. The UI needs some work but Microsoft is working on that with monthly updates which is awesome. Gold has delivered with some good free games. Max and Guacamelee are the best I've played in awhile. Also, it is used everyday due to the HDMI in function. Smart move if I say so.

PS4 - picked one up in May and have played Killzone and Infamous. Both were pretty yet meh. Now....I am playing TLOU:R and love it. Too bad it is just a PS3 game that has been modified for the PS4. PS+ has been ok since May but nothing has reallly interested me in the free game department.

Overall, I love both my systems but Sony needs to step up in the game variation department. I'm seeing a lot of games I want to play but they just aren't here yet. I am ready.

I also got an XB1 2 months ago, I only own Forza 5 and the free Games with Gold so far. Wanna pick up Super Time Force when it goes on sale and looking forward to a lot of the stuff that was shown on E3, but for my tastes PS4 had the better line-up so far.

You should go back and pick up some of the launch games for X1. They are probably pretty cheap now

Wizman23

Banned
Could not be more happy with my XB1. For as much as TV TV TV got trashed in its reveal, I could not go back to watching TV the old way with switching inputs on all my devices. The OS updates are great as well. I have been there since launch and its amazing to look back at how featureless and clunky the OS was 9 months ago.

Jarmel

Banned
2/10 for both consoles.

The only game that I've even been remotely interested in playing for next-gen systems was TLOU. A remake of a year old game. I should give points to Titanfall but I played that on my PC. This has been a super dead year for me so I'm going back and playing classics from last-gen.

Grimsen

Got a ps4 at launch. Got plenty of use so far, and I have a backlog on it already.

Highlights for me were:

Black Flag;
Infamous;
Wolfenstein;
TLOU;
Tomb Raider;
Don't Starve;
Strider;
Pixel junk shooter;
Destiny Beta;
Ff14;

I also liked Knack. Wasn't the best game, but a good effort

I traded in killzone halfway through the campaign.

I finished Washdogs and traded it, definition of soulless.

I'm also enjoying Injustice way more than I should, even though I don't have a stick for ps4 yet.

EagleEyes

Got both systems at launch and have enjoyed them a lot. They both have their weaknesses and positives so neither system is perfect but there is plenty of time for improvement. Only real glaring negatives for X1 are the lack of actual game releases and the fact that there has been very little to play recently, something that hasn't been a problem on PS4 lately. The fact that installs take too long and the patches have been way to big are also negatives for X1. The negatives for PS4 include the machine itself being too loud when under duress and the UI being undercooked and the complete lack of any kind of customization whatsoever. The voice chat quality on the PS4 is well below the X1 as well.

MercuryLS

Banned
I like my PS4, especially the indie titles but I'm still waiting for more AAA games from more SWWS as well as big heavy hitter 3rd party titles that are built from the ground up for current gen. We should get a bunch of them this holiday and early 2015.

Right now I feel as if it's been a bit of a slow start, but it's understandable. These big titles take time to make. I feel as if the transition is worse than last gen when many devs went all in on that gen early on, this gen the transition seems to be slower so we're getting more remakes and cross gen titles.

I love the hardware though, my only issue is Sony's OS. It's good but can be so much better, they need to redo some of the UI, add more features ASAP and add a ton more media apps. They need to make this a bigger priority, I think MS has them beat in the sense so far.

Phil4000

Anyone extremely pleased with what the Xbox One or PS4 has had to offer so far is either lying to themselves or does not own a proper gaming PC/has ignored what the PC has to offer...

hohoXD123

Fairly satisfied with my PS4. Had enough games so far to keep me occupied, and a lot of the extra features are pretty cool especially the headset port on the controller and remote play. Only downside is the OS, missing a lot of pretty basic things. Oh and I guess I expected more from the PS4 PS+ offerings even taking into account that the library is still relatively small.

I have my PS4 since launch. Since it is hooked to my main tv I do not get to use it very often. I have played all major PS4 titles which came out and enjoyed all of them. I like the system, love the controller. I also use the crunchyroll app to watch my anime's. No complains. Getting Vita TV so that I can play ps4 games on my other tv.

I think Sony dropped the ball on first party titles. Luckily third parties have enough stuff to keep me interested. Looking forward to 2015.

X1 - Have since launch.

It's been a great ride. Love the console. On every aspect makes my 360 looks like an ancient machine, specially controller and UI.

Ms is making huge strides in making this console feels more social and functional.

And them the games. I also had 360 since launch, and imo the first year of xbone eclipses it so far. Xbone is keeping a steadier stream of quality releases. I still don't have anything that kept as hooked as Oblivion or Geometry Wars, but I think overall both in quantity and average quality, I like the first year line better on Xbone.

frogger

I purchased PS4 a few month back. I have always owned both xbox and PS since 2 generations ago. I picked PS4 ahead of Xbox one because of the power issue.

I own a PS4 games, BF4, TLOU, Metal Gear and outlast. It is good console, boot incredibly fast. Graphically it is better than PS3 but I felt the leap is not as big as previous generations. I found TLOU is disappointing for me at least, I would give it a 8 instead of a 10.

Looking forward to buy xbox one later this year, even though it is under powered but it does have a few games I want to play.

Alx

Xbox Owner, globally satisfied, even if not everything is perfect (maybe an A- if I were to score it).

For games, I really loved TitanFall, and spent so much time on it. I really appreciate original software like Xbox Fitness and Project Spark, which brought their own experience. Apart from that, there have been many games I enjoyed, some better than others, but enough to validate the console as a gaming platform.

The thing I appreciate most though is really the way it settled at the center of my entertainment. Yeah sorry for the buzzwords, but it's true. I use it to swap between watching TV, movies or shows on deman, listening to music, and of course playing games. Most of my days start with "Xbox Démarrez" and end with "Xbox Eteignez - oui".
The voice and smartglass integration sometimes feel magical, and I couldn't live without it now (well I could, but I'd miss it). And the constant updates make it better every day. Well, every month at least.

Among the "not so good" parts, well there is room for improvement here and there. Suspend and resume is great for example, but when switching to a new game it sometimes requires to start it twice. Voice commands don't always perfectly register.

The most disappointing part right now is the low support for kinect in games, and it's not seeming to improve. I liked most of the games that were made for it (even Fighter Within), but the immediate roadmap is a bit empty.

So in the end I really like the new Xbox because it feels like a new experience. As a side effect, since it is my go-to device for entertainment, I always forget that I have other consoles and games to play (poor Wonderful 101 has been sitting on his shelf for almost one year now... and I want to play it)

BONDO

Wii U = A- Great year for the system and my only knock is the drought right now between Mario Kart and the next big releases

PS4 = B- Just not a whole lot I'm playing right now. Some of my best experiences since launch have been PT and Infamous. Otherwise I'm just staring at a backlog of games I'm not all that interested in starting. Lack of certain important updates is really getting annoying. I feel as a PS fan...we've been pretty in the dark lately.

X1 = C+ Geez, if it hadn't been for Titanfall, this could have been really ugly for me.
While my best experiences have been on PS4.....my biggest playtime of either console has been on X1. Its a nice console and i don't regret buying the console aside from being fooled into a Kinect edition and they couldn't even hold their ground with it a damn year.

PS4 - I've really enjoyed my PS4, got it at launch, played Resogun solidly for a week and ever since I've found something to play, it's been a long time since I've actually sat and played as many games as I have since PS4. My library is currently at 40 titles, so I've plenty to be getting on with too. Love the controller and OS and I'm hopeful for the future.
Media wise, I don't really care. I have Netflix and Now TV and access to iPlayer and a bluray drive, and YouTube TV through the browser which isn't bad to be getting on with. I like how simple everything is, I never struggle to find anything. Remote Play is a great feature. A-/B+

Xbox One - I've not had it the full nine months but the Xbox One is a decent console but I'm only really playing exclusives on it. I was extremely disappointed with Dead Rising 3, I think that's the worst game I've played for a long time, controls, graphics, ugh. Really liked Forza though (bar the loading times), Ryse was solid and PvZ is great. EA Access is a reasonable service though I'm still expecting a catch. I don't like the OS, it feels heavy, and Kinect isn't as infallible as it should be for the price. Only real issue is the loading and downloading. Going from PS4 to Xbox One in that area is horrific. Controller is worse than the 360 one in my opinion. It really needs a screenshot function. C+

Anyone extremely pleased with what the Xbox One or PS4 has had to offer so far is either lying to themselves or does not own a proper gaming PC.

speechless.gif

Top Bottom