• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & XOne owners - Give your 9 month review

PS4 is the Obama of consoles

I can't stop laughing.....

892.gif

weeeeezy

Banned
I've had the Xbox one since launch and have been loving it. It has become my one device for anything entertainment related. So far, my friends and I have been playing Titanfall and Killer Instinct and we are all awaiting MCC. As for entertainment, I use for my Tv and movie watching. It's not the best DLNA player but it's good enough for now.

FZW

PS4: C

Got one at launch, disappointed with how barebones the OS was. Played NFS on it for a few hours then it broke. Won't turn on. Returned it and got a new one later but by that time i already had an XB1 and the PS4 had nothing I wanted to play that the XB1 didnt already have. Sold it.

XB1: B+

The complete opposite, lots of features and MS is very proactive in adding more features. Its been my media center and also it didnt break. I currently have a library 20 odd games, Loved Ryse, Titanfall, Super Time Force, Tomb Raider, FORZA 5 (!!) Killer Instinct and Wolfenstien. Its quieter than the PS4 and runs cooler. Kinect commands are great. Snapping youtube vids while read GAF is great. Skype integration is great, XBox fitness is great but DAT HDMI in tho. It just needs more indies (Sony beats them handily on this), to bridge the gap of AAA releases.

Im not a fan of the PS4 but i still recommend to ppl that love Sony games. Its a great console with great game support but its definitely not for me. I do warn ppl about the durability tho, ive seen more broken PS4s than XB1s. I love how the Xbox is now and I love the potential it has.

I'm enjoying my PS4 but a big issue I have is not feeling connected. Can't believe 9 months in I still don't get a notification of a friend coming online. Thought the What's New section would feel more alive with pics and videos from friends instead I'm made aware a dozen times that a friend played BF4.
Have to admit I'm more of a AAA gamer than indie so yeah, it's been a slow 9 months.
Looking forward to Next Tues when I become much busier with PvZ and Diablo III.

Coolade

Are you sure? Wolfenstein is excellent, so is Hohokum.. I also hope you played Ground Zeroes and Infamous SS, the latter one just for the graphics alone!

Have you tried the P.T. test yet? Quite impressive.

Ah yes I did play Wolfenstein, one of the best fps's ive ever played. Haven't played HoHokum yet, ground zeroes was ok. Infamous was too bare bones.. Platinumed it within a week of purchase. No AAA blockbuster wow titles though. Destiny Beta was the first thing I really looked forward to playing day after day :x

nynt9

Bought PS4 at launch. Got XB1 given to me for work reasons. Mainly a PC gamer and I almost always elect to play games on PC when it's available.

PS4: A-. Pretty cool. A bunch of indies, amazing controller, exclusive games, better versions of console-only games. Killzone SF was cool, Infamous SS was very good except for the repetitive open world content. TLOU:R is of course incredible even having played it on PS3. The OS is pretty barebones but that also makes it quick to use. Remote Play is what really seals the deal for me though. It even made me prefer buying some titles on PS4 over PC just to be able to play in bed and whatnot. Looking forward to Bloodborne, Infamous First Light and their other smaller offerings. MGS:GZ, PT, Oddworld, Sportsfriends, Towerfall, and having Strider free on PS+ are also good offerings. PS Now is a bit expensive, but performance wise it has been pretty good for me. If they drop prices I can see myself using it a lot.

XB1: D. Kinect commands almost never work for me. The OS is pretty messy without them, and I don't really like Win8 tiles but it's not unbearable. Not a fan of asymmetric sticks, and I have a PC/PS4 so pretty much no multiplat game is preferable on the system for me. Not into racing or fighting games so I didn't get Forza or KI, never enjoyed DR1 or 2 so I didn't buy DR3. Thus the only game I actually have on the system is Ryse, which I thought was utter garbage. Honestly, I have very little use for the system right now and I would return it if I could, but I'm obliged to keep it. Sunset Overdrive is a "buy at discount" for me right now unless they show more, but Halo MCC looks like good value, so I'll buy that. The rest of the exclusives they have are too far away for me to care. Tried Xbox Fitness but workout availability is super limited so it's not really worthwhile.

Have and love the WiiU except for its infrequent drip of releases, but that's not what this thread is about, it seems.

I don't care for media features at all as PC provides a way superior experience for that stuff in every regard.

Navid

Have had a PS4 since launch and very happy with it, hardware wise it has been rock solid so far and user experience has been a nice step up from PS3 in most respects but in some respects it's a step back which is real disappointing and something I hope will get fixed sooner rather than later...

Software wise I have had no shortage of titles to try and play between the variety of full retail games, downloadable PSN titles and the monthly PS+ offerings. Thankfully I have been able to play and finish all the games I have bought with only a backlog forming in terms of PS+ games.

The scary part for me is that these past few months have been what one would consider the post launch quiet time so not looking forward to being overwhelmed with all the games that are on offer going forward.

Well I got a PS4 (launch) and Wii U (about a week later).

Wii U: C+ ... Initial impressions were much better than I thought they would be (last December) ... but then I ran out of games (bought 5)... and didn't touch it for a few months, though partially due to backlog elsewhere. Have Smash and other games pre-ordered. Like the system but not sure if I like Nintendo's variety of controllers... didn't have a Wii.

PS4: B ... Games have been fine and PS+ gives me so many games I can't get to all of them. Haven't been blown away by any one game (maybe Destiny beta) but overall a good selection. Have 20 + games on PS4 and happy about the ability to change HDD, moved to 1TB right at launch. My biggest gripe has been with the speed of OS updates and missing OS features. Slick system though, can't complain too much. Really like the controller.

I am just saying if your an informed gamer and your compare the content between the platforms how can you possibly be completely pleased with what the new consoles have offered so far...

- The number of console only exclusives seems to be shrinking
- Both consoles are already fairly under powered from the start and it will only get worse as time goes on
- No backwards compatibility this gen
- A proper VR experience (90+ fps and a high resolution) will not be possible on the consoles going forward (a.k.a the next big thing in gaming)

The list goes on...

Terrible Derail attempt. Ignoring.

Anyways, PS4 is about an 8.5/10. No real complaints aside from media capabilities and controller battery life. Played Warframe and Ghosts all year, with Infamous and a few others (Resogun, MGSV, etc) sprinkled in there.

VanWinkle

I really like my PS4 but it doesn't feel like its a proper next gen system yet. Its a very good gaming console with a great, fast OS and good streaming media app capabilities. There have been some great games out with a lot more I'm looking forward to. PS+ offerings have been abundant and high quality. Pre-ordering and pre-loading have been fantastic. The future looks incredibly bright. B+

My XB1 is just kind of there. People talk about high great the media capabilities are but I don't like use my media apps like Amazon, Netflix and Hulu nearly as much as on PS4. XB1 controller takes longer to turn on, and pausing the video takes two button presses instead of one, which makes for annoying experience when pausing pretty often. It has some good games with some great ones looking forward, a pretty good OS, and. I'm looking forward to how it progresses. C

Bought XBONE at launch: Currently own Titanfall and a few digital games. Just picked up EA Access to I'm trying to get back into BF4. I'm using my 360 through my HDMI in so I'm continuing to play 360 games. I love the Kinect voice controls and the Apps (NFL, Hulu, Netflix). I haven't bought any other XBONE games but that's my decision and not a knock against the current library.

I give my experience with it so far a 8.0 out of 10.

JackBauerCTU225

Neo Member
I'm one the lucky ones. Ive got the PS4, XBOX ONE, Wii U, and a good gaming PC. 9 months in is super hard to tell, but So far enjoying all of them. 2015 will help with a bunch of games I'm interested in.
While I could have stuck with PC im glad I own them all for the future.
Im so glad Sony kind of re opened the doors to Indies and Microsoft soon followed.

All system aren't perfect but what is, and each have done a good job updating features. Sure I want more but Im ok this is a 10 year or so race not a sprint. While Ill feel MS has had a overall better line up hoping they keep it up bc Sony and Nintendo always seem to keep it going much longer than MS do.

Ill have a better idea in a year or so. I feel once this cross gen dies we will have a much better understanding. I figured this gen wouldn't be as big of a leap more like a modern PC but Pc will always be better, but Ive always been more of a console gamer.

DNAbro

I am just saying if your an informed gamer and your compare the content between the platforms how can you possibly be completely pleased with what the new consoles have offered so far...

- Both consoles are already fairly under powered from the start and it will only get worse as time goes on
- No backwards compatibility this gen
- A proper VR experience (90+ fps and a high resolution) will not be possible on the consoles going forward (a.k.a the next big thing in gaming)

The list goes on...
url-21.gif

Foshy

You have some time right now before Destiny. I beat Ryse in about a week of play and DR3 you can beat pretty easily too, but the zombie killing is just so damn fun!

Busy with other games and projects right now, haha. Otherwise I'd have gotten them already. Well, means I can get them even cheaper when I get around to it.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I had my Xbox One in my bedroom for 2 days and left PS4 in my living room. And I already miss the Xbox One as my primary console and go to device for all entertainment purposes.

Seriously, I dont think I can ever go back using a device without the voice command. And with all the media playback update coming to Xbox One. Its hard to deny anything else can ever replace Xbox One in your living room. Looking for. 4TB HDD. Gonna fill it up with so much shit to watch and listen lol

Even in terms of gaming, I have played Infamous a lot and recently TLOU on PS4 and thats about it. Beside that playing tons of Forza 5, Titanfall and thanks to EA Access Batrlefiled and Fifa are also in the list as well.

Anth0ny

Like almost every other system, there's pretty much nothing to play in the first 9 months.

So far I've played Resogun, Ground Zeroes and Watch Dogs on my PS4. Nothing all that special. It's been gathering dust since early June.

Things are going to really kick off with Destiny, I think.

Mononoke

Banned
PS4: B-
X1: C-

Or something. Neither system has had anything exclusive to the console that has been wow (not counting Last of Us Remaster). But the PS4 is just an all around better system spec wise. And since these past 9 months have all been about multiplats, the PS4's better spec design means they've overall had better multiplat performance (hence why it's got a better grade than X1).

I also think the PS4 UI is much better than the X1. I find the X1's UI to be clunky as hell. They've made improvements post launch, but I like how slick and efficient the PS4's is. Some might find it boring, but I want my system to function well before aesthetic (and X1 is a case where the aesthetic actually hindered the performance. Well at least at launch). Install times are also major negative for X1. I'm also not sold on X1 being this perfect center for all your entertainment. The TV integration is (not to overuse this word but..) clunky. And nothing on the X1 is better than PS4 (when it comes to Netflix or Hulu or any other entertainment apps). And while I think Kinect's UI integration is cool, I found it spotty at best. But even when it was consistent, I just found that using a controller or remote is much quicker, and a better way to do things (same goes for pinning multiple windows. Watching TV on a tiny tab when playing a game just doesn't work). I give credit for MS for trying something new, but it's all gimmicky to me, and the execution isn't good enough to replace already existing (and better) outlets for my entertainment.

SO....yeah. Pretty much where I stand now. PS4's DS4 has a shit battery, but I like the ergonomics better. X1 has better joysticks (love them actually) and the battery life is infinitely better. So I would give X1 that.

Oh, and I've much preferred PS + to Xbox Live (granted, I also have a Vita...so I get more value with PS+).

Dysun

PS4 has been weak as expected, with little to be excited about if you have a gaming PC. Two to three exclusives per year, inFamous and LOU Remastered are great but feels like I should have waited.

McHuj

If it wasn't for the close to 400hours I put into PS4 BF4, my PS4 would hardly be being used.

So far I found the software for the system to be completely lacking. I actually haven't purchased a new PS4 game since Black Friday. I expect that to change in Q4 and going forward, but the first year has been awful and I've found most of the PS+ games to have been really shitty (or have already played on PC).

I find the build quality of the PS4 to be suspect. It's noisy. The dual shock is awful. Poor battery life, right trigger broke and sticks, thumb sticks are worn down. I don't have confidence that this unit will last the whole generation.

I would give it a solid 5/10.

BONDO

You haven't played any other titles on it?

Of course i have, i have other games. I buy multiplat games on PS4 though so if you look at it that way the X1 selection isn't as huge. That not my knock on it though, just my choice.
What I'm saying is Titanfall has been my fav X1 game

Pimpwerx

PS4 only. I have 15 non PS+ games I've bought so far. Only 2 of those are preorders. I'm having difficulty getting these games completed before September, when Destiny steals weeks of my life at a time.

This is the best console I've owned. In my life, I've owned: 2600, NES, Genny, SNES, PS1, PS2, GC, PS3, Wii. This is the best first year lineup I've seen. If you saw my game list, you'd understand I value indie titles highly, so I've really enjoyed the PS4 and PS+. PEACE.

PS4: B
X1: B-

Playstation is solid but nothing spectacular so far. Does nothing wrong though either. Resogun is it's best game with amazing visuals AND gameplay

Xbox has really turned it around since launch and I love the OS. Games are meh on both platforms. But last weekend I was playing UFC, I popped the disc out when friends came by, watched a Blu Ray, they hadn't seen Nathan for You, switched to Hulu, then I put the UFC disc back in and it was right where I left off. Instantly. Blew my mind. Price to power ratio is it's biggest problem and that's why it lower than the PS.

For a nine month-old console the PS4 has an amazing library. People seem to forget how shit console libraries usually are at nine months (partially because historically most consoles are out in Japan for several months to a year before releasing in the west, so we kind of miss that drought.)

Sure, I've been spending more time on my PS3 in the past nine months than the PS4, but I expected that when I pre-ordered on 6/10/13.

Elitist1945

My PS4 was collecting dust for the longest time, while I enjoyed my Xbox much much more. But now its the opposite with The Last of Us being out. Both systems are very good, feel next-gen, and I'm glad I bought them.

My PS3 still gets the most use haha.

PS4: B+
XB1: B

SDCowboy

I'm absolutely loving my PS4 so far. I've had it since launch and couldn't be happier. I wish there were more games over the last few months but that's about to change soon with the onslaught of games around the corner.

I use my PS4 almost daily, and I've been pretty satisfied so far. I still use my PS3 just as much if not more so than the PS4 because of its media capabilities though.

Games are a bit lacking still IMO but by the end of the year that should be fixed.

Would buy again.

Fbh

Had my Ps4 since launch and so far it has been "Ok".
It's hard to say dissapointed because I knew what I was getting into, and I had the chance to buy it a $100 cheaper at launch (keep in mid it doesn't cost $400 over here, so it was still more than in the US) but:

The console itslef:
I really like the console, it has a nice exterior design and from the very first moment it was notoriously faster than my Ps3. Most options are fast and responsive and stuff like not having to wait like a minute for the Store to load are great.
People have argued about the jump in hardware not being that big but personally I found it to be quite notorious. Games look, load and run notoriously better. Even stuff like ACIV which wasn't a big change on ps4 managed to be more enjoyable with better AA, higher resolution and locked 30fps. And then there are games like battlefield that (once it started working) go beyond just graphics an also offer bigger maps and more players

UI/OS:
I'm personally not very demanding when it comes to UI's and OS's on consoles but there are a few VERY basic features that should be there, mainly:
- Option to pause downloads: Let me download the update/game I want first and then resume the other downloads while I play
- Notifications for when friends are online/offline
- FOLDERS. To make it more organized. Either give me pre-defined one (disc based games, indies, etc) or even better, let me create and organize them as I want
- Share features: Screenshots are great, but video recording only works like half of the time

Games:
Like many have already said, the main problem are the games. Other than launch which had nice variety there hasn't been that much on offer. Notorious retail releases are rare and if you don't happen to like the next big release (or don't feel like paying full price for it) it can mean you'll have to wait months for the next one. I have to admit I got Watch Dogs during the launch window more out of excitement about having something new to play on my Ps4 rather than being excited about the game itself (still was offered a used copy for $40 and I ended up enjoying, so I can't complain).
But to be fair, this problem should be over soon. Starting at the end of the month with Metro Redux, and then continuing until at least February 2015 there are A TON of games comming that I want to play

Exclusives:
Probably the biggest dissapointment so far have been the exclusives.
Now to be clear I don't think they are bad. I personally enjoyed Killzone an had a lot of fun with Infamous, but they have both been "just good" and nothing more. Infamous in particular was a big dissapointment, it's one of my favorite Ip's from last gen and I was expecting it to be amazing, but it ended up feeling uninspired and rushed. The story was underwhelming, the game itself was incredibly short, most of the optional content was boring and it lacked enemy and power variety. Again, not a bad game, but it was a 7.5/10 when I was expecting a 9/10.
And ever since Infamous there hasn't been much. As someone who played a ton of TLOU on Ps3 I honestly am not interested in paying $50 for a graphical update and I really feel like that should have been a game to come out later almost as a bonus rather than "one of the big exclusives of 2014".
I'm still waiting for that "killer app" on Ps4 and I think I'll have to wait until Bloodborne for it to come.

So far I'd give it a B -
But I still have high expectations from the future and things are definitely looking up during the next few months

PS: Got a WiiU a few months after my Ps4 and I've been using it A LOT more

jaxpunk

PS4 - Plenty of console exclusives, multiplats are fancier, snappy OS most of the time. Plays games great, the 3d bluray update was the only feature I was missing from the PS3. Remote play to the vita has been great also.

One - I play alot of killer instinct on it, other than that I ran thru dead rising and beat ryse in one day. OS seems sluggish more often than not. I dont subscribe to cable so that's worthless and not really into sports so thats also meh. But hey I hear it's going to play .mkvs so that's great right? I hope sunset overdrive is fun, halos ive beaten 10 ways from sunday. Not sure that I'm all that excited about visual upgrades.

Overall
PS4 - B
One - C-

PS4 - Played a few games on it but not a crazy amount. Downloaded a lot of free P+ games but really have no interest in any of the games they offered xD. I definitely prefer gaming on this console more than any of my other consoles.

Xbone - This is the best netflix/media device ever. Lighter on gaming but that will change once Destiny/Halo comes out.

Overall Im glad I bought both but so far I use my xbox a lot more then my PS4. (Also wish the white ones were out before I got these)

Mononoke

Banned
I'm absolutely loving my PS4 so far. I've had it since launch and couldn't be happier. I wish there were more games over the last few months but that's about to change soon with the onslaught of games around the corner.

I think the PS4 actually has a lot to offer, if you are into Indie titles (or rather, if you didn't play some of these titles on PC prior). I actually love Indie titles, so I don't mean to put them down. But some people just do not like them (or won't give them a chance). But I will say, on top of having better performance multiplats, the PS4 has done a much better job supplying console owners with things to do (with PS + titles and Indie games).

But again, that depends on the player and their preference. But I could totally see someone using the PS4 non stop since launch, if t hey are devouring up all the content being offered. There is a lot of it (even if it's not all AAA budget sized).

lerontonge

Neo Member
Xbox One:
  1. Controller: love it, still the best IMO.
  2. OS: step down from 360, which is messed up, MS is at least doing a good job of updating here though.
  3. Headset: complicated to get going, but works good when set-up
  4. Games: A few stand-outs, with Titanfall being my most played.

Playstation 4:
  1. Controller: big step up from DS3 for me, not great battery life though.
  2. OS: I like it better than XMB, and easy to use.
  3. Headset: works out of box, nice.
  4. Games: primarily buy games on Xbox because of friends, but TLOU was great. Looking forward to other exclusives.

I regret neither at this point; am looking at an expensive end of year game wise cross both these platforms.

I'm lazy, just read until i found a post i agreed with. This.

Mononoke

Banned
I love all 3 right now (The Wii U seems to always be missing in these)

I play both here and there. I am on my PS4 more due to the fact I play Battlefield 4 and NBA2k14 with family but occasionally try to play a round of Titanfall if I can and Dead Rising.

On the Wii U, nothing but Mario Kart and Zelda

I do go back to the 360 and the PS3 to finish the backlogs on those as well. PC is even worse with the backlog lol.

Right now I got so much games that I got to delay buying new ones lol.

Wii U is probably the best out of the 3 (in terms of games). But the UI is still poor IMO, as is their online set up (playing with friends). So Nintendo's outdated ways sort of brings down how I would rate the console overall. But you are right, I'm enjoying the Wii U more than PS4 and X1.

Funny enough, 3DS + Vita has all been incredible the past 2 years (granted, they've also been around longer than the new consoles...obviously).

Krilekk

Banned
I have never used a new console as much as the X1. Might have to do with the fact that for previous generations I had nowhere near the money I have now and buy all the games I want. But still, the thing runs every day and it's only getting used more and more with Netflix, (3D) Bluray, games, Youtube, live TV. It is literally the center of my living room and DLNA support is around the corner. It's annoying that the hardware is as weak as it is especially for the price point. But I wasn't able to tell the difference between Crysis 3 360 and Crysis 3 PC Ultra on screenshots and it's similar with X1 and PS4. The difference that is there is minor in the end. Games look great nonetheless. And games decide, right? I bought a One because of Halo, Forza, Quantum Break, Titanfall. Can't say I regret it.

jbug617

Banned
I'm happy with both consoles.

My favorite PS4 game so far is Infamous. There were things I didn't like in the game but it was fun.

My favorite Xbox One game so far would probably be Ryse. It was very pretty and the gameplay was better than I thought it was going to be.

biteren

i only own a PS4 but i have a friend who has a XboxOne that i have spent a great deal of time playing over there.

lets start with the UI: i did find the UI somewhat confusing fro the XBONE sometime asking "how the F i get otta this thing!" but it works well when you finally got the hang of it. The PS4 UI is more functional and easier to navigate i think but at times it can be a little cluttered and sometime the PSN store just doesn't wanna pop up but overall i like it.

the big one...GAMES! im going to admit right now i vastly like the PS4 over the XBONE but i have to admit, XBONE has more must have games ATM, with the likes of Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and Titanfall. the problem with this is that there not enough other games releasing for it, like trickles of games would release for it. the PS4 i feel is the opposite, not a lot of must haves but a considerably larger amount of games on PS4 though often times i find myself playing mostly Warframe (hopefully Destiny will fix that).

RMI

Banned
Good systems.

Need some good games now lol.

Pretty much! Happy to have got a PS4 recently on a good deal but as of yet I don't own any current gen games on it (not counting Resogun). Waiting patiently for Destiny (enjoyed the beta) and Guilty Gear Xrd.

when it comes to home consoles I rank Wii U > PS3 > PS4 right now, but all of these things are just paperweights compared to my Vita and 3DS which see a ton of use. PS3 used to be king, but the releases have been drying up a little. Wii U has been in beast mode for a while and I think it'll maintain the top spot through the new year.

I'd give my PS4 a strong 9 out of 10 so far.

Fantastic variety of both retail and digital releases have kept me playing it non-stop.

From launch to now I've played a good mix of 3rd party titles like ACIV, MGS Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein as well as first party games like Infamous: Second Son and The Last of Us Remastered.

Mix in all the great smaller titles like Flower, Fez, Towerfall, Oddworld and more and the games library has not been an issue for me.

In terms of system software, Sharefactory was also a great and unexpected addition and the fact that preloading is finally here is fantastic and makes digital games much more appealing. My only complaint would be that they haven't fixed the video recording bugs, and it would be nice to see more frequent feature additions to the OS, though the recent 3D blu ray support was quite welcome. Everything in the OS is fast and snappy and much improved from PS3, messaging and joining parties with my friends is very easy and intuitive, and the remote play is a real next gen feature to me. I love playing FFXIV in my bed on Vita.

With the next 6 months looking packed with lots of big titles and first party stuff like Littlebigplanet 3, Driveclub, The Order, and Bloodborne coming, I don't expect my enthusiasm to wane at all.

Overall this is the happiest I've been with a system at launch ever, I think.

DNAbro

Sorry sometimes the truth is hard to hear...

okay then let's take your comment step by step

This is completely opinion based. You don't get to decide when other people are satisfied with their purchase.

Sony and Microsoft showed off a ton of new content at E3 and gamescom, and being exclusive is not the only thing that matters. Multiplats do count cause that is what people play.

- Both consoles are already fairly under-powered from the start and multiplats will only get worse as time goes on (compared to the version they show you at press events and in screenshots...the PC version)

The power seems good enough for most people. After seeing Uncharted 4 and playing infamous, this is good enough for me.

- No backwards compatibility this gen (would you like a remaster for $40-60)
I didn't buy a ps4 to play ps3 games. It would be nice but i already have a ps3.

I assume Morpheus will be good. I can't have an opinion cause I haven't tried it myself.

The list goes on...
and stop using ellipses to end your comments.

Percy

Banned
Bought an XB1 at launch and will be using it as currency against a PS4 purchase next month, which I will likely be using as a Destiny box until Bloodborne comes out(In addition to other stuff I can't get on PC like GG Xrd) while most purchases continue to be PC centred.

I kind of bought the XB1 grudgingly to play DR3 more than anything initially and it's seen hardly any use outside of that. Once DR3 got announced for PC and MS failed to announce any interesting looking exclusives since, it was an easy decision to cut ties.

Wii U has been great though. Sparse line up, but it still beats what the other two have easily.

PS4 gets an A, Xbox One gets a B.

There are more games to play on PS4 right now, and I've been thoroughly enjoying The Swapper, Rogue Legacy, Surgeon Simulator, Transistor, The Last of Us Remaster.

Xbox One has some great games that I've enjoyed, like Dead Rising 3, and Plants vs Zombies GW.

Thanks to the sheer amount of games right now, PS4 gets most of my attention.

Slixshot

Banned
I really like my ps4. I've played close to a dozen games on it. They haven't all been A+ In my book but they have been pretty fun overall. Highlights have been Transistor and TLOU:R. The controller feels great to use so that's always a plus. Looking forward to what the future has to hold for this system.

Anyone extremely pleased with what the Xbox One or PS4 has had to offer so far is either lying to themselves or does not own a proper gaming PC/has ignored what the PC has to offer...

Or someone is really insecure about their rig and didn't think the investment was worth it and needs to use this thread to justify their own purchase.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Wii U - meh at best. Only a couple worthwhile games imho. Though, the rest of 2014 and into 2015 certainly looks to be amazing.

Xbone - Very satisfied so far. Although, my favorite games on it (Titanfall, Wolfenstein, Super Time Force, Peggle 2, Trials) are all games I could play on my 360. But such is the life of launch window consoles. As with the Wii U, 2014 and into 2015 looks awesome.

Added bonuses for Xbone are the ridiculous good controller, Kinect, and the UI.

Well I've enjoyed knack, infamous, black flag, killzone and watchdogs on my Ps4. I find I play all the Indies via remote play (best feature of ps4 so far). So all that is positive.

Though I have found the line up a bit bare for my tastes and would love some jrpgs...I can dream can't I :(

So it's been a it of a mixed 9months as I do wish I had waited to pick one up as ps3 and vita have both been used more. but not long untill tropico, first light and a few more games in Oct to see me through to 2015 when the big games come!

Top Bottom