• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
jxctcrfb3dpkmdeqq76.png

Thank you =D

RELIGHT

Banned
Daily check-in and tweet. How goes things on the homefront? I've actually been hearing people at work talk about this, which is awesome.

Loved it! Nice to see mort gettin' some love.

Thanks. I keep mentioning Baller, PhD and GoFreak and a few others as having been critical to this taking off but that keeps not making their final pieces. I'm really not trying to attention whore here, I promise :)

I think a lot of us saw this slowdown with the twitter stuff coming which is why I figured it made more snese to incorporate it into our plan than fight against it and get frustrated by it. Things may be quiet this weekend and early next week, but hopefully we can get another push going on wednesday. We still need to work out a time to start it... and then disseminate some of the good info on how twitter tracks things in the OP by Mori. Not cut and pasting the same tweet seems to be big as twitter tends not to count duplicate tweets from multiple accounts all that often. Stuff like that. Maybe we can make it to trending topics in the US or UK... maybe not. But we will try :)

Kane1345

Thanks. I keep mentioning Baller, PhD and GoFreak and a few others as having been critical to this taking off but that keeps not making their final pieces. I'm really not trying to attention whore here, I promise :)

I think a lot of us saw this slowdown with the twitter stuff coming which is why I figured it made more snese to incorporate it into our plan than fight against it and get frustrated by it. Things may be quiet this weekend and early next week, but hopefully we can get another push going on wednesday. We still need to work out a time to start it... and then disseminate some of the good info on how twitter tracks things in the OP by Mori. Not cut and pasting the same tweet seems to be big as twitter tends not to count duplicate tweets from multiple accounts all that often. Stuff like that. Maybe we can make it to trending topics in the US or UK... maybe not. But we will try :)

We going to talk to the guys who own the PS4NoDRM twitter accounts?

#PS4noDRM ‏@VirtuaMe has 3387 followers

and

SONY 2013 ‏ @PS4NoDRM has 272 followers

clue them into what's happening on the 5th?

We going to talk to the guys who own the PS4NoDRM twitter accounts?

#PS4noDRM ‏@VirtuaMe has 3387 followers

and

SONY 2013 ‏ @PS4NoDRM has 272 followers

clue them into what's happening on the 5th?

Yeah, we should try to get them involved. I've already reached out to that other forum and am working with them on their upcoming stuff, and am trying to get in contact with some of the more popular YouTube personalities. We could really use some video endorsements, or better yet an official video. If any of you have even a slight connection to someone like that now is the time to call in that favor!

Jondoyle123

Neo Member
has anyone mentioned kotaku,s new article about sony ps4 silence on DRM issue ?

seems a tad alarming

but like we have said many times surely after them outright stating not online only they cant go back on that

Do you think it would be a good idea to split up the press coverage section into two parts on the 5th? I'm thinking Phase 1 and Phase 2 coverage.
If we don't get good coverage for Phase 2 this could backfire perhaps - but we still could merge them again if this happens...

Good idea. I'll keep a second list on my home computer, and if it looks like our Phase II coverage is getting decent numbers I'll split them up on the website.

It's not surprising, I expect nothing new from sony before e3

Maybe they're not stating anything yet because Sony is also watching Microsoft's reaction. Sony sure wants to have some kind of advantage over Microsoft in that case and that's why no one is playing their cards right now. Just a guess.

Salaadin

has anyone mentioned kotaku,s new article about sony ps4 silence on DRM issue ?

seems a tad alarming

but like we have said many times surely after them outright stating not online only they cant go back on that

Its alarming and it isnt. Its too close to E3 that I dont expect anything at all until then...but seeing the questions asked and no answers being given still makes me nervous.

Again. Another reason it would be ideal to expand the focus, and strike while the hammer is still hot (ie, don't wait until the console is on store shelves so you can 'vote with your wallet'. Make those voices heard NOW. Make it clear that it's not okay for anyone to have that kind of restrictive DRM, not just Sony.)

:)

/Thor

We will, we will! On June 5th it's going to go full steam ahead again.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Not all of us are. I don't often post here (I prefer to eavesdrop) but I've been a bit miffed by the thoughts of other journalists and I felt like chiming in.

We were talking about GAF's reaction on today's GameSpot GamePlay podcast where I think Tom McShea made some salient points: http://www.gamespot.com/features/gamespot-gameplay-episode-42-put-some-pants-on-6408764/

As for myself, I've worked in a variety of game stores before joining GameSpot and I fundamentally disagree with the language MS are using in relation to this. I'm under no illusions that an all digital future is ahead of us but I think they're misunderstanding the benefits of used games pricing for a massive amount of their consumers. The used games market is beneficial to the health of console sales, and many consumers buy new because trading is an option. If you fancy watching, I posted some of my thoughts here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JAkNmsrt4

Why should console ever be all digital and no physical copies?

ruttyboy

I found this thread today, well done to all involved. Thought I'd try to do my bit.

Has anyone contacted the British haterags yet? Haven't got time to do it myself at the moment, perhaps tomorrow, but if anyone is willing, below are the emails of their various news departments:

Daily Mail: news@d*ailymail.co.uk (had to put the asterisk in as the DM is blocked)
The Mail on Sunday: news@mailonsunday.co.uk
The Sun: talkback@the-sun.co.uk
Daily Mirror: mirrornews@mirror.co.uk
London Evening Standard: news@standard.co.uk
Daily Star: news@dailystar.co.uk
Daily Express: news.desk@express.co.uk
Daily Telegraph: dtnews@telegraph.co.uk
Sunday Telegraph: stnews@telegraph.co.uk
The Times: home.news@thetimes.co.uk / business@thetimes.co.uk
Daily Record: reporters@dailyrecord.co.uk
Sunday Mail: reporters@sundaymail.co.uk
Independent (and i): newseditor@independent.co.uk
Financial Times: ean@ft.com

Obviously the approach to some of those will need to be different, the trashy end I would play up the Big Brother nature of the One and how Sony might be following suit etc., whereas the more serious papers would probably appreciate a more level headed approach illustrating the fears and drawbacks.

Ljwinter

Banned
Id be ok with Sony/MS allowing up to 5 users to be tagged to one game. I think that's fair. Kind of like how you could have up to 5 accounts on the PS3.

antitrop

Soooo here's what I wrote for the tumblr thing... it might not be the issue most people are concerned about, but it falls under DRM for me - and yes I'm aware that I skipped the verses on the plane...

"Now, this is a story all about how my internet just keeps going down. And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you all about how I think "always-on" isn't fair.

In the City of London, near anyways, our internet seems to get a lot of undue praise. "Reliable, fast, and quite affordable too" - believe any of this then I call you a fool. I tell ya' man, our infrastructure ain't no good, causing loads of trouble in my neighbourhood. I make calls to BT but they just don't care, they say "I'm sorry Sir, that's the best line you can get over there".

I worry for the day, and it does seem near, for when we need to connect lest our games disappear. Not to mention that these games we might want to share, but they thought "Nah forget it - put clouds in the air!"

I don't think this is good, and it's not too late, to shout back in their faces "Yo homes smell ya later".

I look at this future,

and I really do care,

but "always online" really shouldn't be there."
I love you.

Because powering server farms with hundreds of thousands of servers has no environmental impact?

I was joking.

Though it is an interesting question to consider which one is more harmful to the environment. It "feels" like factories making discs is probably worse per unit sold.

Kane1345

CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO 33s
Despite what Nintendo claim, Wii U is not a next gen console. It’s missing key next gen features, like 8GB of RAM or used game DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom