• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC1

I found this thread today, well done to all involved. Thought I'd try to do my bit.

Has anyone contacted the British haterags yet? Haven't got time to do it myself at the moment, perhaps tomorrow, but if anyone is willing, below are the emails of their various news departments:

Daily Mail: news@d*ailymail.co.uk (had to put the asterisk in as the DM is blocked)
The Mail on Sunday: news@mailonsunday.co.uk
The Sun: talkback@the-sun.co.uk
Daily Mirror: mirrornews@mirror.co.uk
London Evening Standard: news@standard.co.uk
Daily Star: news@dailystar.co.uk
Daily Express: news.desk@express.co.uk
Daily Telegraph: dtnews@telegraph.co.uk
Sunday Telegraph: stnews@telegraph.co.uk
The Times: home.news@thetimes.co.uk / business@thetimes.co.uk
Daily Record: reporters@dailyrecord.co.uk
Sunday Mail: reporters@sundaymail.co.uk
Independent (and i): newseditor@independent.co.uk
Financial Times: ean@ft.com

Obviously the approach to some of those will need to be different, the trashy end I would play up the Big Brother nature of the One and how Sony might be following suit etc., whereas the more serious papers would probably appreciate a more level headed approach illustrating the fears and drawbacks.

Really Good Stuff! I'm from the US.. not very familiar with these papers. So, I'll deffer to UK GAF. However, should push come to shove, I'll help.

Carl

Did a couple of tweets about the website today just to keep the hashtag going if Sony people are keeping an eye on it :)

I've been dealing with a flat tire for a while and now im about to go to more meetings for work. Not that there is much to do now anyway but I've been posting nonstop for days and didn't want ya'll to think i fell in the river or something.

I do live near a river...

So we wait now to the fifth ?
Or theres something to do?

Keep the hashtag going and keep it up with microsoft and publishers if you want. But we are trying to give sony's guys a break so we don't chase them off twitter forever... and so they will be there when we make a second concentrated push this coming wednesday.

I'm on my phone. Could someone please add both No DRM banners to my avatar please?

kos-mosdd4u00.png

Deitus

Someone mentioned something about michael pachter preditions. Don't know, I'm new to twitter. Kinda seemed like they were promoting something that wasn't about the topic. Sorry if wrong.

I see what you are saying. I don't use twitter either, so I'm with you on that.

On the one hand, someone trying to use the publicity of this campaign to promote their own stuff is indeed shady. On the other hand, there are people who are including the hashtag in all of their tweets in order to keep the topic alive. I'll defer to someone who knows more about this stuff.

sTeLioSco

Banned
someone tell Sony/ms that at e3 they should have crystal clear answers to these subjects.

internet required/always online/used games policies

Deitus

6 years of waiting, just to say nothing.

At least he had the honor of getting banned by Bish on his first post. Not many people can say that. Or well... we wouldn't know if they did due to them being banned and all.

kotaku said:
2) Will games need to be registered online in order to use them the first time out?
kotaku said:
UPDATE: Question #2 actually had been answered by Sony. And we'd reported it: "At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that." (Emphasis added.) Apologies for missing that during our attempts to clarify just how similar or dissimilar Sony's next-gen policies are from Microsoft's.
http://kotaku.com/sony-wont-answer-these-questions-about-ps4-drm-and-use-510477281

RpgN

*Huff huff* Just finished reading this thread, it went so out of control that it took a long time to catch up with XD

You guys did an amazing job with getting other sites involved. I'll use those hashtags later today and will tweet sony guys on the 5th of June along with the rest. I'd love to get my avatar all no drm'ed as well if there's someone who wants to do it for me and is good at this.

*Huff huff* Just finished reading this thread, it went so out of control that it took a long time to catch up with XD

You guys did an amazing job with getting other sites involved. I'll use those hashtags later today and will tweet sony guys on the 5th of June along with the rest. I'd love to get my avatar all no drm'ed as well if there's someone who wants to do it for me and is good at this.

ff8_avatar42bvzuil.png
ff8_avatar42a26uq0.png

Yes, that statement was from the PS4 announcement.

kogasu

That's good. More coverage!

I don't know if this has been posted already, it's old, but after the whole
first ;)
twitter storm it's nice that someone has said that.

yosp6nu7m.png

Yeah I'm happy (mostly) everyone we've tweeted took it well and didn't become (too) annoyed by our doing heh.

UPDATE: Question #2 actually had been answered by Sony. And we'd reported it: "At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that." (Emphasis added.) Apologies for missing that during our attempts to clarify just how similar or dissimilar Sony's next-gen policies are from Microsoft's.

Well looks like it's up to the publishers, I think that was the best we could hope for. But I don't think it is as bad as it sounds since I have a hard time seeing publishers (other than EA) setting up these systems that MS have already given them on Xbone.

Well looks like it's up to the publishers, I think that was the best we could hope for. But I don't think it is as bad as it sounds since I have a hard time seeing publishers (other than EA) setting up these systems that MS have already given them on Xbone.

That info's a few months old now, it's from the PS4 reveal. Anything is fair game at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom