• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak for yourself, if there is one thing I'm amazing at it's not supporting shit I don't like.
I've ditched other brands and products in a heartbeat over way less than this.

What is wrong with people thinking of gamers as some kind of sad crack addicts?
And don't you understand that if something doesn't provide what you are looking for it is only natural to lose interest? It doesn't take effort to boycott something you despise.

I never said there aren't any gamers willing to stick to their guns, I'm saying there aren't enough of them to matter.

Alchemy

If Sony pulls the same DRM/Always Online shit that it looks like Microsoft is going to try, it will change my purchase from Day One to who the fuck knows if I will bother.

It's funny, because when it came to Online Passes, Sony even had them on their First Party games, while Microsoft didn't.

Shows you were Sony stood last gen on used games. They want their cut.

The only thing keeping Sony from blocking used games, was playing a waiting game to see if Microsoft did it themselves. I'm sure know that they know Microsoft will block used games, Sony is heavily considering it themselves.

Sony really gains nothing from NOT blocking used games. If they don't block used games while Microsoft does, guess who has the support of Publishers? Microsoft.

MS charges $50-$60 just to use their online. They already have their hands deep in peoples pockets, they'd have been absolutely crazy stupid to do an online pass.

Sony really gains nothing from NOT blocking used games. If they don't block used games while Microsoft does, guess who has the support of Publishers? Microsoft.

The publishers go where the money is. Always. They don't 'protest' things. They follow the money.

If the ps4 is a success they will be on the ps4. If the PS4 is a disaster, they won't. It will have nothing to do with their used game policy.

No there aren't. Otherwise every other issue this gen that enraged hardcore gamers and set message boards on fire (DLC, DRM, online passes) would have influenced game sales, and they didn't. Most hardcore gamers are more bark than bite.

1. Animated response here on other issues didn't result in a drop in sales;

2. On the issue of used game DRM there is here an animated response;

therefore:

No drop in sales.

----

This doesn't follow.

Sony gains everything from not blocking used games. They get my money. Otherwise they don't. There are many people out there like me. Don't be so dense.

Honestly, majority of you will still buy an Xbox One or a PS4 EVENTUALLY. We've seen "gamers" protest before. Remember "Don't buy MW2!", "Don't buy L4D2!"? Remember how majority of GAF hates on Gold and "will never pay what the competition gives for free? Remember how Halo fans hated Halo:Reach and STILL Halo 4 sold Millions? Remember how gamers hate CoD and yet CoD sells millions? Remember how angry everyone is over MegaMan, and yet Capcom games still sell? Remember how Kinect "will be a failure and is copying the Wii", yet Kinect sold millions even thought most "gamers" ridiculed it, and said it'd be a bomba?

Yeah, this is exactly what's going to happen with the PS4 and Xbox One, most of you will end up dealing with it and buy an Xbox One or PS4. You all know, deep inside, it's true. Sony and Microsoft know this as well. They know they can get away with this and their console will still sell millions.

and, by the off chance that you are serious and don't buy a PS4 or Xbox One? They don't care, another consumer will replace you, the OTHER audience they're trying to attract will come in and take your place.

Honestly, majority of you will still buy an Xbox One or a PS4 EVENTUALLY. We've seen "gamers" protest before. Remember "Don't buy MW2!", "Don't buy L4D2!"? Remember how majority of GAF hates on Gold and "will never pay what the competition gives for free? Remember how Halo fans hated Halo:Reach and STILL Halo 4 sold Millions? Remember how gamers hate CoD and yet CoD sells millions? Remember how angry everyone is over MegaMan, and yet Capcom games still sell? Remember how Kinect "will be a failure and is copying the Wii", yet Kinect sold millions even thought most "gamers" ridiculed it, and said it'd be a bomba?

Yeah, this is exactly what's going to happen with the PS4 and Xbox One, most of you will end up dealing with it and buy an Xbox One or PS4. You all know, deep inside, it's true. Sony and Microsoft know this as well. They know they can get away with this and their console will still sell millions.

and, by the off chance that you are serious and don't buy a PS4 or Xbox One? They don't care, another consumer will replace you, the OTHER audience they're trying to attract will come in and take your place.

Speak for yourself. This projecting bullshit is really annoying.

Guess what else I haven't bought since Modern Warfare 1? A Call of Duty game.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Don't listen to the people saying it wont matter. Doing something is always better than doing nothing no matter how insignificant it may seem. Especially when you're about to get fucked in the ass without your consent. Especially when you're about to get fucked in the ass without your consent.

This backlash has definitely seeped into the mainstream of the world. I don't know a single close person to me both online and in real life who plays videogames and is excited by the Uno. Most find it pretty fucking disgusting. You may claim "anecdotal evidence" which is fair, but you can't pretend like only a small fraction of people who are interested in console gaming truly give a shit. Because that isn't true at all. At. All.

And I hope Sunhilegend is getting paid for those gifs, because god damn they are always good.

Audioboxer

Agreed. There's a NOD in PS4NODRM. There's no nodding here.

Cannot unsee.

Cannot-unsee_cat.jpg

Shinta

Banned

Actually, I specifically left MS and purchased a PS3 and all my games on PS3 for the last 3 years specifically because of Xbox Live. One picture about MW2 doesn't mean that all social movements are a joke.

What do you actually gain by promoting cynicism and apathy here? Jack shit. At least people can have the courage to stand by their convictions. A tweet is about as easy as it gets. You spent more time writing this post than it takes to send one. Congratulations.

Godslay

Banned
Speak for yourself. This projecting bullshit is really annoying.

Guess what else I haven't bought since Modern Warfare 1? A Call of Duty game.

You basically just proved his point. You might not have bought it, but millions of others did. Hard to hear a vocal minority over the sound of golden coins falling into Scrooge McDuck's vault.

I'm not saying that speaking up doesn't make a difference but let's say 10,000 people tweet this and don't buy a ps4 because of it. That seems like a lot of people and would be a ton even for gaf but they move that many units weekly son. Its a drop in the bucket. They'll make way more money with a used DRM.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No there aren't. Otherwise every other issue this gen that enraged hardcore gamers and set message boards on fire (DLC, DRM, online passes) would have influenced game sales, and they didn't. Most hardcore gamers are more bark than bite.
I agree with this 100% and I have expressed these same sentiments on GAF before. I still believe them to my core.

But despite this... god damn it man.. we have to try. We have to try something. Maybe we strike oil, maybe we don't, but it's worth a god damn try.

They can try and we'll see how long they last.

seantos

Neo Member
I did my part. I ended up just copying another gaffers tweet. I want sony to make the decision between consoles a no brainer so all my friends and I can just go with a ps4 and be done with it.

Facism

it'd be amazing if they came out at e3 saying that they heard us and said "no, fuck no to DRM GET SHAMED."

I never said there aren't any gamers willing to stick to their guns, I'm saying there aren't enough of them to matter.

40 percent of xboxes never went online once, the used game market is huge.
There are a lot of people who just won't be able to or won't want to have an xbone.
+ xbox has gone after the casuals hard the past few years, we all know how incredibly fickle those are.
If you lose their interest they won't ignore you out of spite, they'll simply forget you exist.

+ :)p ) what about early adaptors, those are the hardcore, the gaffers, they pissed these off the most, I don't doubt for a second that the numbers will be painful for MS, especially outside of the US (because they've tried extra hard to alienate everyone outside the US this time around)

Sony are in for the same thing if they pull this shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom