• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Tweeted the standard message. Also tweeted it to Garnett Lee to try to spread the word . Can't hurt.

I congratulated him earlier on with his weight loss/keeping in shape. Someone tweet him that as well with the hashtag #PS4NoDRM lol.

vilmer_

Can you guys post your Twitter account names or the like so we can 'network' in a way? I haven't used the site in a very long time and need some fellow Gaffers to follow :p

Nothing will stop the coming of digital downloads taking the place of physical copies. Just accept it and hope that as it does take over that people will make the proper restrictions necessary.

Its coming whether you like it or not.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nothing will stop the coming of digital downloads taking the place of physical copies. Just accept it and hope that as it does take over that people will make the proper restrictions necessary.

Digital downloads do not require always online

Mifune

Mehmber

Digital is coming, but why force physical media out the door. Let it die gracefully, as more and more people go digital only. It doesn't need a bullet in the head.

Pennywise

It's not. Either way they won't say a word about it until E3. There's no way they are playing their hand before then so MS can respond.

Well they might drop a few hints though.
I'm with you that they won't discuss the entire topic, but a few hints might be possible.
Or with enough media attention, there might be an Interview D:

Digital is coming, but why force physical media out the door. Let it die gracefully, as more and more people go digital only. It doesn't need a bullet in the head.

Plus digital is here for music and movies and you can STILL buy physical copies if you want.

I hope Sony thinks long and hard about this and doesnt toss a generation of 3rd party support away so they can win a internet fight with Microsoft, Likewise I hope they dont just do what EA and other mega pubs demand just because they know it will be forgotten next time a big game is revealed.

The system isnt launching until October / November. If they want to leave there response to this issue until after E3 while they look at there options and think carefully about everything I would be OK with that.

Audioboxer

Doesnt matter to me if there are DRM policies. My friends who make games deserve the right to have people pay for their titles.

There are far better ways to implement some forms of protection without going all wild wild west on the consumer.

The current PS3 DRM setup is fine - Two console activations per an account for digital content. No DRM on discs (besides MP passes). Five activations was too many.

Doesnt matter to me if there are DRM policies. My friends who make games deserve the right to have people pay for their titles.
But this isn't the way to go about it. I never buy used unless it out of print or late in a console life and can't get it new. I want to lend my games, go to others and play them w/o my profile and know the game I hold in my hand will always run on the conole I own.

I hope Sony thinks long and hard about this and doesnt toss a generation of 3rd party support away so they can win a internet fight with Microsoft, Likewise I hope they dont just do what EA and other mega pubs demand just because they know it will be forgotten next time a big game is revealed.

The system isnt launching until October / November. If they want to leave there response to this issue until after E3 while they look at there options and think carefully about everything I would be OK with that.

Sony and MS cannot have directly opposite approaches as they are dealing with the same developers across both platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom