• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Global Hype Check

Rolla

Banned
#Playstation5 has started trending, globally, 30+ hours before the event.

Considering world events, recessions, record unemployment, Covid, and the movement sparked by the death of George Floyd... I must admit, I didn't think they'd get this type of traction this early. To be trending globally without a single trailer released is testament to how they manoeuvred this generation.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Super pumped to see some next gen. Not super pumped to see the wars will be unbearable even more so here.

Bring on holiday 2020.

Last edited:

Ellery

My Hype is through the f roof and that is me being ULTRA pessimistic about what we get to see given the recent rumors that have been circulating.

I think if any of the REAL BIG GUNS (for my taste) show up then it will only be teasers without gameplay. We might see gameplay on some sequels to
overrated games like Horizon and Spiderman.

I always wish there weren't any rumors prior to those events (I know it is unavoidable) so my brain wouldn't even hope the tiniest of amounts for
any of the real stuff to show up.
It is always the same and usually the REAL BIG GUNS don't show.

Mr.ODST

Excited to see what JRPG's are in the pipeline for next-gen and possibly what they will look like.

Other than that .... SOCOM! please

Ar¢tos

2020 : were a video game system is more important than a global pandemic
The pandemic can take a couple of days off, it has been #1 for months. Friday everyone will have a ps5 hangover, Saturday we can all go back to the doom & gloom of Covid-19.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Got my psone when I was 10. Ps2 and ffx was a christmas gift. Bought a ps3 with money from my first job, first game played was mgs4. Got a ps4 very soon after launch.

Only other consoles ( not including handhelds) I ever owned were a wii u and a xbox 360, which I barely played, modded to play burned games, got banned from online and never touched again.

You could say I am a sony bitch. So my hype levels are certainly very high. xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom