• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Global Hype Check

johntown

Banned
200.webp

Fake

I saw that, but because I live in Brazil the twitter end up showing shit brazilian conversation about Playstation 5 and I removed from my twitter feed.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
#Playstation5 has started trending, globally, 30+ hours before the event.

Considering world events, recessions, record unemployment, Covid, and the movement sparked by the death of George Floyd... I must admit, I didn't think they'd get this type of traction this early. To be trending globally without a single trailer released is testament to how they manoeuvred this generation.
I don't get the hype on the PS5 in general. It seems that the last 20-years has been the same hype for every console pre-launch: the best graphics of all-time (for whatever next gen TV you now own), maximum storage/memory, digital downloading...faster, new design similar to the previous 3 we hyped you on.

I think since PS3 they really lost my attention. Remember how many feature/price cuts they started making to the PS3? I have never been sold on PS4 either because it's just an upgraded PS3 to me. You can bet your bottom dollar PS5 is just an upgraded PS4.

onQ123

In today's Gaming news: the ever-controversial PlayStation has just released another Event under the alias "Mark Cerny." Gaming insiders are running wild trying to rearrange other console event dates in fear of a wipeout in retail inter-chart movement. Although no one knows the exact cause of the new event , resources tell me a number of less fortunate console warriors have joined together in conspiracy to assassinate the character of not only Mr Cerny but of PlayStation as well. Phil Spencer, the alleged ring leader, is furious at PlayStation – excuse me – Cerny's verbal assault on Xbox One, Xbox One X and several other failed projects. Xbox Series X from "Project Scarlett" fame, Big Little whatever, and several other corny-sounding motherfuckers are understandably shaken up by this release. The question everybody wants to know is: why'd they get this Console started? PlayStation – rather Mark Cerny – was not available for comment but released this statement:

It's not about Teraflop or Compute Units
It's about SSDs and I/O
Bandwidth and 3D Audio , DualSense and Games
Which side are you on?

Radical_3d

It is not so trending in the searchs but I guess that searchin in Google is for Generationexers like me:

1aHfrPZ.png

What on Earth, India...

Last edited:

jakinov

Lots of stuff still trends despite the other issues lately. It's not very surprising. Especially the day before the event where all the media account start tweeting about how you can watch and speculation. It's also not trending a whole lot. A re-release of a movie by a director who created a bunch of movies that most people didn't like got more retweets in a few hours than this.

Moogle11

Banned
I'm a bit hyped to see what games they announced. Not all that hyped about the hardware stuff as I'm not that fussed about graphical upgrades anymore. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some Horizon 2 footage and hopefully some big surprises.

Don't get too excited. There's still time for another global disaster between now and then.
Giant volcano eruption in Asia while Europe receives meteorite showers and the aliens are invading the Americas, things are still as bad as they ever were in Africa tho!

Mark my word--this is 2020.

Last edited:
Top Bottom