• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Global Hype Check

Quixz

gotta grab on tight

ScornfulAnyJerboa-size_restricted.gif

LOL :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Caio

Albert Einstein was right, if you go at the speed of light, time passes slower. That's why the time before PS5 Event seems going so slow, because of the speed of the SSD and I/O. These 4 hours will be like 8 ! Can't wait anymore.

Rayderism

I'm excited for PS5, sure. But I'm really concerned at the expense of next-gen. The initial cost of the console, the cost of extended storage. I've a feeling this will be the most expensive gen yet, and that's not even factoring in the cost of the games or accessories.

I know Sony said there will be 3rd-party SSD drives and a list of the compatible ones released at some point, but how long before that happens will you be forced to buy Sony's official extended SSD's at what will likely be Vita levels of insane cost for relatively small sizes?

I'm a game hoarder, dinky little 1 or 2TB drives just won't cut it. 8TB SSD's (from my quick Google search) are like $1500. Freaking yikes! Sure, technically I can afford them, but at that price, they just aren't practical.

At least they've already stated that mechanical HDD's can still be used for PS4 BC, but we likely won't know what percentage of PS4 games will even still work on PS5, and probably won't until gamers actually have the PS5 in their hands. Hopefully, they will allow regular HDD's to be used for cold storage of PS5 games as that will help mitigate the sticker shock.

So yeah, I'm hyped, but I'm fearing the overall cost.

O-N-E

What would make this exciting is something spectacular that we didn't know we wanted, but we really do. Not the list of sequels we know are in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Top Bottom