• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Global Hype Check

mortal

Gold Member

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Pizdetz

Banned
I just want to see some innovative shit that will blow my mind.
My two hype moments this entire generation were Bloodborne and DMC5.
Right now nothing on the horizon has me hyped. Cyberpunk tickles my pickle just a little but nothing else.

Vawn

Banned
My hype would normally be super high. But with the possibility of seeing a remake of Demon's Souls, the hype is completely off the charts.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The hype is real I'm hoping to see any of these

Uncharted
Spider-man 2 or Ratchet and Clank
The Order 1887
Project Awakening
Silent Hills
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Supermassive (Until Dawn) PS5 exclusive
Gran Turismo 7

Rat Rage

Hype checks or hype threads SUCK. Cringeworthy shit. It's on the same level as explaining a joke or asking somebody do laugh about a joke before it's even told. I don't get why people have started "hype check threads" in the last 2 or 3 years or so. Back in the day (I'm talking good old NeoGAF) a thread - for example an annoucement or some kind of news - became hype by itself, just by virtue of people being genuinely excited and hyped about something. LET THE HYPE DEVELOP NATURALLY. Noone needed extra hype threads back then.

ebevan91

The only PS I've ever owned is the PS4 and I didn't buy it until 3 years after it released. So I'm pretty hyped right now.

Hype checks or hype threads SUCK. Cringeworthy shit. It's on the same level as explaining a joke or asking somebody do laugh about a joke before it's even told. I don't get why people have started "hype check threads" in the last 2 or 3 years or so. Back in the day (I'm talking good old NeoGAF) a thread - for example an annoucement or some kind of news - became hype by itself, just by virtue of people being genuinely excited and hyped about something. LET THE HYPE DEVELOP NATURALLY. Noone needed extra hype threads back then.

hBVThfo.png

mortal

Gold Member
ZXg9ZuD.gif

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
👌What I was trying to say. This bloke got it.

//DEVIL//

The only problem I have is not enough quantity to go around by the end of the year and it will be crazy . I don’t want to fight to get a console or sleep on amazon refreshing the page just till I miss it . Or the preorder page goes up 2 in the morning when I am sleeping and when I wake up it’s gone . Fuck that

Protocol7

Hyped Hyped Hyped ^^
And whatever happens, at least hyped for the event, any reveal is exciting.

I'm only hoping we will see a big majority of first party games and minimal, none if possible, 3rd parties (which I'm not interested in, what I mean by that is the games will be available everywhere else...)

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I hope we haven't received much news about the games because they hide their secrets well. They took all the punches and didn't retaliate. Now is the time for it? I can't wait for this, i need this, i love this brand, i can't help it :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i want to be excited but i just can't. i've owned every Playstation since 1995 but it's gonna take a lot to convince me to buy a PS5 at launch or any time soon. i guess i've just gone off their 1st party exclusives. if i get a PS5 it'll be to play any exclusive From Software game like how we got DeS/Bloodborne or to play any exclusive Persona game. Games like Horizon, Spiderman, God Of War, Gran Turismo, or anything Naughty Dog isn't enough anymore for me.

Bryank75

Banned
i want to be excited but i just can't. i've owned every Playstation since 1995 but it's gonna take a lot to convince me to buy a PS5 at launch or any time soon. i guess i've just gone off their 1st party exclusives. if i get a PS5 it'll be to play any exclusive From Software game like how we got DeS/Bloodborne or to play any exclusive Persona game. Games like Horizon, Spiderman, God Of War, Gran Turismo, or anything Naughty Dog isn't enough anymore for me.

aXBXO7M.jpg

DarkestHour

Banned
Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch this in real-time. I'm hoping Giant Bomb does something where they "talk over" the event and I'll watch that later. Or, I'll just rewatch the original stream if they redo it. It's so much more exciting to watch a video than read a bunch of threads that kinda spoil the fun.

I've been holding off on buying or playing PS4 lately to just wait for PS5.

rofif

Banned
what will be available streams?
I was usually watching gb for these stuff but fuck what gb has become.
Is Digital foundry commenting ?

Top Bottom