• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: 12 Months psn+ uk £19.99

madmackem

Just a heads up, its been put on hotukdeals by someone so it might run out pretty quickly. Bugger i cant order one yet either haha.

Are you sure its digital? My order page does not shows digital at all, also should I put a UK fakeaddress or my country address for delivery?

NekoFever

If you're worried about currency conversions, use the PayPal option. I've used PayPal over credit cards when ordering from the US because I've found the exchange rates better, and they take the money out of your account in your local currency.

PaulLFC

Yeah they normally give you the code when you checkout and email it to you within minutes.
It definitely is. You get a thank you page which shows you the code as soon as you place the order. Then you get an email about 5 minutes later with the code in it in case you didn't make a note of it.

DJMicLuv

Cheers for the heads up. Just got one. There's a ton of older games I've never gotten around to playing (dodgy drive in the PS3 has trouble reading discs so I'm a bit wary of getting new PS3 titles) so this'll keep me in B-Tier entertainment for the rest of the year (and maybe some A-tier too if I'm lucky).
Good deal.

Menaged

in addition to the uk account, do I need a UK credit card?
I remember trying a US trial code, but needed a US card as well...

javac

Code comes straight away in case your wondering. It's on the confirmation page and they also email it a minute or two later. Bought one as soon as the deal went live.

Fongul

Bought a code, but I've been waiting for 15 mins for it to drop in my e-mail. Hopefully, its not a problem with buying a UK PSN code from the US. Seemed too good of a deal to pass up....

NekoFever

in addition to the uk account, do I need a UK credit card?
I remember trying a US trial code, but needed a US card as well...
I don't have a card linked to my PSN account and redeeming PS Plus codes has worked perfectly. The whole point of prepaid cards is that you don't need one, whereas the promo cards offer a trial and keep their fingers crossed that you forget to cancel so they can charge you for a renewal.

Bought a code, but I've been waiting for 15 mins for it to drop in my e-mail. Hopefully, its not a problem with buying a UK PSN code from the US. Seemed too good of a deal to pass up....
I bought a download code from Game a few weeks ago and it took a couple of hours to come through. Today I got it instantly. I figure it depends on traffic, and now they're getting hammered since the deal is getting promoted.

8bit

Knows the Score
Code comes straight away in case your wondering. It's on the confirmation page and they also email it a minute or two later. Bought one as soon as the deal went live.

I bought one 20 minutes ago and it's still showing as unshipped.

PaulLFC

That is very strange. I ordered two a couple of minutes apart, then another about 5 minutes ago for my brother - all 3 have shipped within a couple of minutes of ordering.

Can you cancel the unshipped one and order again?

javac

Wow that's weird. What payment method did you use by any chance? It sends to the email you signed up with too.

On the All Done page, after the transaction went through, it had an Activation code on it.

Vashetti

Banned
Bought! Cheers OP.

Just waiting for my mother to get back to me to see if she will buy me another year.
fingerscrossed.gif

Dambrosi

Banned
Just noticed this has hit HUKD. Get in quick if you want one before they sell out.
Oh, fuck you, man, you put the shits up me - I was gonna try the GAME in Lord Street with a trade-in, but you mentioned HUKD and I came over in a cold sweat. Paid the full price on the site instead because of you.

If it turns out that GAME had this offer in-store, I'll find out where you live.

:p

(If anyone in the US is still having trouble, I can still help, but you need PayPal. PM me.)

Anteater

The last time I purchased mine, it took a day to process too for some reason, so it probably isn't automatic? (I ordered it during the night UK time too)

I didn't create an account until after I made the purchase though.

Edit: and I was using paypal

8bit

Knows the Score
Wow that's weird. What payment method did you use by any chance? It sends to the email you signed up with too.

On the All Done page, after the transaction went through, it had an Activation code on it.

I guess it's a paypal thing, there was no code on the final page.

If it turns out that GAME had this offer in-store, I'll find out where you live.

It's an online only offer so you don't need to worry, stores were selling it for £29.99 the other week but that ended.

Anyone know how long you can hang on to the codes before they expire? I bought a code but I'd rather hang onto it until there is something that I want to download.

Fongul

I guess it's a paypal thing, there was no code on the final page.

I paid using a Mastercard & I'm still waiting. Just hope it's not a precautionary thing with my credit card (purchase from another country etc etc).

madmackem

Argghhhhhh!

Does it work for NON UK users?
Please tell me I want one!

It will work if you make a uk psn account, i dont think it will work using the code on any other version of psn. Waiting for the person i need to ask comes in before i can order, its killing me haha.

Thanks madmackem, I just went for it as soon as possible - you can't pass up a deal that good. Now I'm a PS+ user again for the third time, and the first time using a year subscription instead of 3 months.

What can I say...

goodmanb.jpg

Dear Customer,

This email confirms the cancellation of the following items:

Your recent order has been cancelled,

Will try reordering using PayPal

Edit : Now giving error when you go to the checkout :( Oh well will be on the lookout for any other deals on it.

Some enterprising Brit GAFer would be wise to accept PayPal and start skimming off that 40p of loyalty credit per transaction. Seems like they're cancelling fake addresses? I got mine instantly.

Some enterprising Brit GAFer would be wise to accept PayPal and start skimming off that 40p of loyalty credit per transaction. Seems like they're cancelling fake addresses? I got mine instantly.

I'm based in the UK and have had my game account years, can't work out why mine was cancelled really. Unless they are out of their allocation.

Top Bottom