• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The soundtrack to Three O Clock High (arguably Tangerine Dreams best work) is now on Spotify

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
If you need some kickass background music while working, or just wanna hear the goat electronic music band still at their peak.

Also lowkey one of the best 80s movies of all time and my personal favorite.

mMVhJbt.jpg

Go to the Head of the Class could totally be a GTAV track

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Definitely a great movie. I love when he pays the guy to beat up the bully and that guy gets his ass kicked instead.

Yeah! Richard Tyson fucks him up good lol. One punch and all of the lockers go down like dominos, dude included, nose shattered :messenger_grimmacing_

MastAndo

Saw this movie a couple of times as a kid and really enjoyed it, but I don't recall the soundtrack being this good. Listening to it now and it kicks - might have to give this one another watch.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Great so far and only 2 racks in.

It's been such a hot minute since I've even talked about this movie.

You've been upgraded from a piece of filth to garbage!

Last edited:

Hugare

Are you inside my head?

Was thinking about listening to some Tangerine Dreams today after many months when this thread came up

Will listen to this rn while working, thanks

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
All TD is good stuff, but I wouldn't put it near their top soundtrack work, and definitely not near their album output... which is frankly such a monumental amount of stuff its hard to even rank.

My favourite ost of theirs of this period has to be Miracle Mile from 1988, although all-time has to be Thief... or Sorceror... or Risky business... or I could go on forever lol.

CGNoire

All TD is good stuff, but I wouldn't put it near their top soundtrack work, and definitely not near their album output... which is frankly such a monumental amount of stuff its hard to even rank.

My favourite ost of theirs of this period has to be Miracle Mile from 1988, although all-time has to be Thief... or Sorceror... or Risky business... or I could go on forever lol.
Yeah Miracle Mile and Thief (Logos) are fantastic. I also love there work on Legend.

There 80s scores contributed pretty heavily to my overall music tastes and atmosphere I would later chase as an artist.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yeah Miracle Mile and Thief (Logos) are fantastic. I also love there work on Legend.

There 80s scores contributed pretty heavily to my overall music tastes and atmosphere I would later chase as an artist.

Yeah same. You guys should give Ozric Tentacles a shot. Their first two albums are super good early 80s Tangerine Dreamish sounds

Speaking of good early 80s TD

I want Tangerine Dream to do a Metroid

Last edited:

Billbofet

Great movie. In fact, I think you just picked my next family movie night.
Never focused on the soundtrack, so I'll have to give this a listen.

Thanks OP!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Dont forget Redshift. Great TD like group from th late 90s.

Good pick, although early Mark Shreeve (Assassin, Legion, Crash Head) is by far my favourite. System 6 (off Assassin) is without doubt my favourite Berlin School track not done by a German artist, absolutely phenomenal track.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Good pick, although early Mark Shreeve (Assassin, Legion, Crash Head) is by far my favourite. System 6 (off Assassin) is without doubt my favourite Berlin School track not done by a German artist, absolutely phenomenal track.
"Berlin school" was the term I was looking for.

While where on this topic I'll just leave this here for those that have yet to bask in its Glory.

Top Bottom