• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3: Sony has one big surprise for E3 that is not the PlayStation 4.

Globox_82

Banned
Posted a few days ago on Sucker Punch twitter.

"Sucker Puncher's Assemble. Ok cheap one :) BTW - our big conference room used for staff meetings and ping pong."
https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/205364374276280320

https://p.twimg.com/AtmZz3KCEAAMgCD.jpg:large
AtmZz3KCEAAMgCD.jpg:large

I doubt they were watching Last of Us. Hopefully they have something for E3

So excited to see whatever they've been working on.

SPOILERS FROM 2:
PLEASE be a sequel to inFAMOUS 2 wrapping up post conduit war/Cole sacrificing himself and being reborn. Come on, lighting strikes the boat, he has to be reborn.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
GTA V to be timed exclusive on PS3? After all, Rockstar still hasn't announced platforms.
Nope. It's Take-Two's money making machine. They won't take risks with that franchise. Making it timed exclusive for one platform will be incredibly expensive.

I think the platform announcements will come once they officially announce the release date.

tzare

If i was sony i would include ps3 in their tvs, making them like samsung or lg's smart tv, plus with the ability to play psn or even ps3 brd with. They could even partner with other manufacturers

apana

Sony declares bankruptcy on stage and starts live auction. Iwata wearing a moustache so as to disguise his true identity buys Team Ico for $50,000 and replaces the main character with Link. Aonuma places the final touches on the game and so HD Zelda is born and Aonuma manages to slow down his accelerated aging. Team Ico then moves on to their next project, Kirby Donkey Kong Fusion. Team Ico is renamed Team Fluffy.

Nope. It's Take-Two's money making machine. They won't take risks with that franchise. Making it timed exclusive for one platform will be incredibly expensive.

I think the platform announcements will come once they officially announce the release date.

Unless they're handed a big bag of money, around 100 million dollars or something ludicrous like that. Either way I'm sure we'll get some BS timed exclusive DLC yet again, because we know Microsoft is good like that lately.

I could care less for GTA V to be honest, they've gone the whole serious route and it bores me to tears. I miss the days of III-San Andreas when you could just go willy nilly on a rampage with the national guard eventually coming after you.

I'll reiterate again, I seriously hope Sony's big surprise isn't the streaming thing from Gaikai or Onlive -_- I want it to be a big new game or the PS4.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Unless they're handed a big bag of money, around 100 million dollars or something ludicrous like that. Either way I'm sure we'll get some BS timed exclusive DLC yet again, because we know Microsoft is good like that lately.

I could care less for GTA V to be honest, they've gone the whole serious route and it bores me to tears. I miss the days of III-San Andreas when you could just go willy nilly on a rampage with the national guard eventually coming after you.

I'll reiterate again, I seriously hope Sony's big surprise isn't the streaming thing from Gaikai or Onlive -_- I want it to be a big new game or the PS4.
Well, MS wanted to push the 360 in 2008, so they paid; I doubt they would do it now. I kinda liked the BoGT expansion, so I'm still looking forward to GTA 5.

I don't think Sony will reveal the PS4 at E3 this year, but I do hope they show Syphon Filter 4, though. It's criminal that the PS3 still hasn't got a SF game yet.

I think it would be better to get an exclusive GTA for PS4 instead. I do think there will be some kind of R* exclusive at Sony's press conference. Agent or PSV titles.

i-Lo

Possibilities:

ZoE HD coming to PS3 and PSV with transfarring

PSV phone functionality

New motion control schemes

PSV being used as a DS3 for PS3

New Remote play improvements (possibly related to the cloud gaming news)

And many others I can't think of right now.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So excited to see whatever they've been working on.

SPOILERS FROM 2:
PLEASE be a sequel to inFAMOUS 2 wrapping up post conduit war/Cole sacrificing himself and being reborn. Come on, lighting strikes the boat, he has to be reborn.

Yea, definitely looking forward to whatever they bring us next.

I'm not sure a game can be made out of the good ending really, Cole coming back would make him the only conduit alive with only humans to fight, not very exciting after the first two games of all sorts of powers and monsters.

The Evil ending I could see making a good multiplayer style game.

The only way I could see a continuing of the series would be a mash up of the good and evil endings some how with you playing one or the other or something.

That or set it 20-30+ years in the future with a whole new set of characters and powers as people start developing the gene again, who knows.
Would be a shame to leave the series regardless though.

Top Bottom