• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN 2.0: What should it be like? (Twitter #BetterPSN)

Moobabe

Up-to-date digital titles (fully patched when downloading post-launch)
Store wishlist, gifting system (cross-region gifting?)

These two would be pretty big - though I'm not sure how feasible the first one is (or it would have been done already... right?)

Also game statistics would be nice - just time spent playing like the Wii U and Steam have.

etta

my hard graphic balls
These two would be pretty big - though I'm not sure how feasible the first one is (or it would have been done already... right?)

At the moment, when you download a game from the PS Store after it's release, you have to download two things. The base game, and the update (which is a collection of all the updates released to date). On Xbox Live and Steam you only download the game, because they keep it fully patched on their servers.

One small thing that annoys me about the What's New feed is that every time a game/app gets an update and you start it, The PS4/PSN counts it as a new game and posts AGAIN that "person x played blabla for the first time"...

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Ok those recommendations are all really awesome and I just wanted to contribute something to this thread. However I hope this doesn't count as self advertising or is against the rules, as own websites etc are not allowed. But in this case I did this for this specific purpose and no other intention behind, also please don't share it with the public.

I thought it would be a nice idea to have this list built with an vote option, so I made a small list for us on neogaf to easily maintain the suggestion list and sort them by voting suggestions up or down. To have it always up to date on the frontpage I added an additional image that gets rendered with the whole list.

There are no user accounts or whatever and it's not totally checked but I have enough trust in NeoGAF to not destroy it totally.

If anyone has anything to say against this, just let me know and I will instantly take it down.

Quote to reveal link to the tool and link to current suggestion list image:

Please don't ban me! xD

this could potentialy help, but im not sure..
either too few people will vote, or it beeing public and people spoil it with botvotes or whatever..

platocplx

I dont know if this was mentioned or not, but i think another piece to getting traction on requests would be to create Share.Blog Requests and link to them so that we all can vote on them.

ksdixon

- Hide/Remove game trials, betas, demos, pre-orders or simply games that you've uninstalled from your Library page.

- Add a filter to your download list/purchase history and Library page to separate PS3/PSVita/PSP/PS4 by platform; and then further filter by full game, dlc, demo, theme, avatar etc.

- See games from all accounts on the console on the Library page. E.G. I previously purchased The Evil Within on my USA account. I cannot see this on my UK account's library page unless i first go into my USA account and re-download it.

- Ability to set default Share Button behavour. E.G. Always Save Video Clip, so I can do so without leaving my game.

- Ability to set default Upload Screenshot/Video behavior so that we can skip a few pages of set-up every time we upload something. E.G. Always upload to <YouTube>, at <Best Quality>, and <Make announcement on FaceBook Wall>.

- Copy the 'Share Button' page's Advanced Options menus for editing Video Clip and BroadCast settings somewhere in the main Settings menu.

- Increase Party Chat number from 8, upto 16.

- Allow a setting in Party Chat which allows only the Party Chat leader, or anyone in the party, to invite additional players in. It is very annoying when one person has to 'suggest' someone, and then the party chat leader has to then invite the suggested players in.

ksdixon

Aw crap. I think all my points are for the PS4 OS/User Interface. Didn't even realize this thread was just for PSN service.

I want the ability to hide anything I don't want in the menu so I can quickly access my "favourite" items. I don't want my applications to be a list of recent download/played activity...I want it to be specific. Netflix, favourite game(s), favourite app(s). I hate the UI clutter.

TimFL

One small thing that annoys me about the What's New feed is that every time a game/app gets an update and you start it, The PS4/PSN counts it as a new game and posts AGAIN that "person x played blabla for the first time"...

Yeah I don't even bother looking at that list as it's not updating on its own here, I have to force a refresh whenever I want to see "What's new".

Stuff I'd love to see in no particular order:
- Better download speeds
- Gifting in the store
- PayPal support for checking out in the store (I would buy 500% more stuff if I could simply link my PayPal account to my PSN Account, I dislike putting money in my wallet)
- Automatic trophy syncing (it's still not syncing automatically?)
- Instant cloud savegame updating (+ increased storage, how about 1GB for non-PS+ and 10GB for PS+? Or unlimited?)
- Add groups for friendslist and allow us to enable online/offline notifications for certain groups (or atleast real name friends)
- Enforce usage of the invitation feature for every MP game
- Better Game Hubs (show links to screenshots/livestreams etc of said game, developer news, show awards the game received, my playtime, global stats for the game etc.)
- Allow us to request a game broadcast on a players profile (just like Steams Broadcast feature, can add privacy options to turn it off etc) that way a player can just respond to a notification to get a stream going
- Fullscreen game trailers in the store
- More profile options (allow us to set a background? Allow us to post status updates? Show uploaded stuff/live broadcasts?)

You know they hyped the personalized PS4 experience during the reveal event, I have yet to see anything regarding personalizing my PS4 experience.

Zechs

These are all great ideas! I've seen a thread in the Playstation MVP forums pop up promoting this thread. I'm all for it!

A lot of great suggestions here.

My biggest request would be to appear offline. I really hate being bothered when I want to play an online game alone.

The store really needs improvements as well, the old one was far superior.

As an XBOT who uses his Xbone 24/7/365 I occasionally use my brother's PS4 to watch Hulu so I don't have a lot of experience with PSN but I suppose they could add the 'snapping' functionality to allow gamers to run an app and game at the same time.

I want faster download in Canada, and unlimited cloud save storage (or at least MUCH more than I have).

If I had those two things, I'd be infinitely happier. I pay a lot of money for 100 MB/S internet, and it's completely wasted on PSN.

vypek

As an XBOT who uses his Xbone 24/7/365 I occasionally use my brother's PS4 to watch Hulu so I don't have a lot of experience with PSN but I suppose they could add the 'snapping' functionality to allow gamers to run an app and game at the same time.

I think double tapping the PS button will actually allow switching back and forth between games and apps but I'm not entirely sure.

A lot of great suggestions here.

My biggest request would be to appear offline. I really hate being bothered when I want to play an online game alone.

The store really needs improvements as well, the old one was far superior.

I would LOVE to be able to appear offline. Definitely one of my most wanted features.

Aurizen

Lets make sure this campaign never dies! Sony needs to do something. We're paying for this and we're getting the same service from on ps3 when it was free. Time for Sony to invest in their network!

OuterLimits

1GB cloud space is pathetic. Especially with save file sizes of some games

I would love to buy more digital games. The network is so slow though, that I still buy physical for most titles.

Good topic btw OP.

Bahlor

this could potentialy help, but im not sure..
either too few people will vote, or it beeing public and people spoil it with botvotes or whatever..

Well, yeah guess it's the "few people will vote"^^ Personally don't think there would be a big bot problem. Still happy this topic is spreading well around the web! That's awesome! Just hope Sony is really listening and improving. :)

cgoodno

Neo Member
Lets make sure this campaign never dies! Sony needs to do something. We're paying for this and we're getting the same service from on ps3 when it was free. Time for Sony to invest in their network!
This is the absolutely wrong way to handle this. First, they do invest in their network. What you're asking for them to do is invest a bit more. The question is, how much more can they invest?

With the idea that "this will never die, we'll keep asking for more," what type of response do you expect when you already are telling them that you will never be happy and will continue to protest against the service they provide?

I reiterate that this "social media" attempt at this is the wrong way to do it. Blackmailing them like this isn't a way to get change but for them to ignore it and wait for it to die down since any attention they pay to it would only urge you to keep asking for more and more.

Perhaps a better solution would be someone creating a separate site dedicated to bringing to light current issues, creating a better polling system for what people would like, and highlighting those actively and at least weekly so that Sony can see what the issues are and what is most important for them to do at this time.

Aurizen

This is the absolutely wrong way to handle this. First, they do invest in their network. What you're asking for them to do is invest a bit more. The question is, how much more can they invest?

With the idea that "this will never die, we'll keep asking for more," what type of response do you expect when you already are telling them that you will never be happy and will continue to protest against the service they provide?

I reiterate that this "social media" attempt at this is the wrong way to do it. Blackmailing them like this isn't a way to get change but for them to ignore it and wait for it to die down since any attention they pay to it would only urge you to keep asking for more and more.

Perhaps a better solution would be someone creating a separate site dedicated to bringing to light current issues, creating a better polling system for what people would like, and highlighting those actively and at least weekly so that Sony can see what the issues are and what is most important for them to do at this time.

This campaign isn't a blackmail attempt. This is to shed light on the issues we PlayStation fans want improvement. We wanted these improvements for quite some time. I feel this is a good way for Sony to see how much we love PSN and want the best for a great service we know it will be. When I said "this will never die"by that I mean I want this campaign to be around for a very long time so more people can know about this and Sony see's and understand our passion. We don't want this to be forgotten and just no one remembers it and nothing happens. We will be happy and satisfied when Sony at least acknowledges our passion.

I like your idea of a polling to show what most people want.

You're overthinking this a bit. PSN is trash and needs to be fixed so it is comparable with similar services. This is a campaign to bring attention to that through social media. Nothing more, nothing less. It's in no way blackmailing lol

FranXico

- PayPal support for checking out in the store (I would buy 500% more stuff if I could simply link my PayPal account to my PSN Account, I dislike putting money in my wallet)

The PS4 Store front already allows you to link a PayPal account to the PSN account. While in the Store (not the system settings), check your payment options.

cgoodno

Neo Member
This is to shed light on the issues we PlayStation fans want improvement. We wanted these improvements for quite some time.
And has Sony failed to implement other greatly desired features over time? Have they failed to listen to you so far in implementing highly requested features?

I feel this is a good way for Sony to see how much we love PSN and want the best for a great service we know it will be.
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/ps4_players_are_demanding_a_better_psn

Demanding a better PSN.

http://www.lazygamer.net/playstation/playstation-4-2/its-time-for-a-better-psn/

Time for a better PSN.

Do either of those titles make it look like you love PSN? That's how this is being interpreted. It's being interpreted as demands and needing better. Nothing there talks about one's love or passion for what is there now.

This is what the public sees.

When I said "this will never die"by that I mean I want this campaign to be around for a very long time so more people can know about this and Sony see's and understand our passion.
I already addressed the passion element above, but this is why it's blackmail. You use social media to make changes that can happen. But, with everything being requested and wanting this to "never die," this becomes blackmail. Why? Because no matter what they do to improve it, people will continue to use social media to complain about what features there aren't. That is social blackmail.

We don't want this to be forgotten and just no one remembers it and nothing happens.
How can gamers forget it if they are using it every day? How can Sony forget when their own polls show what we want?

We will be happy and satisfied when Sony at least acknowledges our passion.
And have they not done this time and time again? We just got DLNA/Media Player. In the past we've gotten many other very highly desired features. Has that not been an acknowledgement of seeing your passion?

I like your idea of a polling to show what most people want.
Thank you. I think a concerted and "social media free" item is the way to go, to be honest. It is a direct approach that doesn't bring in the people who will use this to harass Sony on end or turn it into some stupid fanboy item.

We all want a better PSN, but this, tbh, comes very much off as a social media attack against Sony and paints a picture that PSN sucks. It doesn't. It can be better. So can its competitors, though.

Thank you for reading.

etta

my hard graphic balls
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/ps4_players_are_demanding_a_better_psn

Demanding a better PSN.

http://www.lazygamer.net/playstation/playstation-4-2/its-time-for-a-better-psn/

Time for a better PSN.

Do either of those titles make it look like you love PSN? That's how this is being interpreted. It's being interpreted as demands and needing better. Nothing there talks about one's love or passion for what is there now.

This is what the public sees.

Those are a tiny bit click-baity titles but that's not unnatural in today's landscape. Thankfully, those websites source NeoGAF in their articles, and the readers can see for themselves that our discussion here is objective, constructive, polite and neutral, and does not reflect those titles.

I check it some times and almost all top features has been implemented... I do think they check it.

Last one was PS4 media player and DLNA... it is closed now (Update 2: This feature is now available using the PS4 Media Player application, released during E3 2015).

yeah people's ideas are there, but i think they don't check it anymore.

i mean at the bottom of the page it's showing the latest PS3 and PSP firmware..

PSP!!!

cgoodno

Neo Member
Those are a tiny bit click-baity titles but that's not unnatural in today's landscape. Thankfully, those websites source NeoGAF in their articles, and the readers can see for themselves that our discussion here is objective, constructive, polite and neutral, and does not reflect those titles.
I wish I had as much faith in the people on the Internet as you ;)

Aurizen

I also think we should post pictures on Twitter with the hashtag of our speeds, comparing speed tests on PC and PS4, and X1 and PS4, and show how different it is.

There needs to a persistent spot to advertise niche games in order to promote dormant genres and make gamers aware of titles that may have been forgotten running up to their launch. It would be free and Sony would hand pick who gets the privilege. I'm sure many lapsed JRPG gamers are not even aware the games are still being made. I've meet quite a few in retail. Puting those titles right in front of their eyes on PSN would be a good start.

Aurizen

There needs to a persistent spot to advertise niche games in order to promote dormant genres and make gamers aware of titles that may have been forgotten running up to their launch. It would be free and Sony would hand pick who gets the privilege. I'm sure many lapsed JRPG gamers are not even aware the games are still being made. I've meet quite a few in retail. Puting those titles right in front of their eyes on PSN would be a good start.

I agree! I also don't like how for ps+ you have to hunt for all the games they have free for the month when they only show like 2 on the ps+ section. show everything, free and discounts.

Bahlor

I agree! I also don't like how for ps+ you have to hunt for all the games they have free for the month when they only show like 2 on the ps+ section. show everything, free and discounts.

But isn't this also more UI related than psn? I mean sure we could enhance this to also suggest new OS / shop features, but I think getting a better PSN is more important first.

Christos

Let's do this! I'm so sick of the pathetic download speeds. It's even more ridiculous when they are calling the PS4 multiplayer "NEXT-GEN Multplayer".

Also game statistics would be nice - just time spent playing like the Wii U and Steam have.

Any updates are included with the game, I don't think that kind of a feature will really be needed but it will be a nice improvement.

Okay, I've finally snapped. I've been trying to download the Witcher 3 dlc all day and it still keeps coming up with an error. If this goes on any longer the whole network will break.

Just double tap the PS button on the controller to switch between the two.

Squozen

Account region change. I'm emigrating in 18 months and I want my old purchases to remain on my account. This goes for all digital stores. I'm going to have the same hassle with Apple.

Top Bottom