• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Critics Choice + EA Publisher + Persona sale 2/21 -2/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally bought The Witness.

Heard it's HDR is amazing and it seems to have less overlap with any other games I want.

Inside is very appealing but having just played Limbo recently I'm going to hold off for it to get even cheaper.
I bought this game blind and was upset about how it was just drawing lines, but grew to absolutely love it. It's such a great game, and really ended up being what I needed.

Dragon Age for 6 bucks. I mean, it can't be that bad, right? How would likely feel about this game if I love things like Souls, and dislike things like Witcher? Combat wise, I mean.
Have you ever played Star Wars: KOTOR or any other Dragon Age games?
It's quite a bit like that.

Feel free to check out some gameplay on youtube. EDIT: I guess I should clarify that the combat really isn't that great. There's more of a focus on tactics than any real skill here.

Though my personal suggestion would be to grab the GOTY edition since it includes DLC that's not unlike the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3 in that it offers more of a bonding moment for the cast, and it expands upon the ending a bit more. But it's up to you.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So DIshonored 2 at that price is definitely worth it if Dishonored 1 was my top 5 games from last gen right?

Also I should probably finish the DLC before getting into D2?

If you liked the first you will LOVE Dishonored 2. The level design and world building is so fucking good. I beat the game a few days ago and immediately started a second playthrough because it was so damn good and a joy to play. It basically improves upon the first in every way and the levels and places you visit are so memorable. A huge recommendation from me. I didnt finish the first games DLC either but apparently it just adds more back story about some characters lile Delilah.

Dishonored 2 is seriously a very well designed game. Theres so much to explore and discover in every nook and cranny. Phenomenal game.

In a purely campaign point of view, which game is better; Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2? I have not touched FPS shooters from the BF/COD department since Ghosts and I am actually interested again. They are both 30 now.

Titanfall 2 by far.

Actually, while I'm here, how's Odin Sphere?

Leifthrasir is one of the best remakes ever and improves upon the original in every way. If you like action RPGs with good combat you'll love it.

Dragon Age for 6 bucks. I mean, it can't be that bad, right? How would likely feel about this game if I love things like Souls, and dislike things like Witcher? Combat wise, I mean.

Combat is "worse" than both.
As in, it doesn't require a lot of input depending on what class. It's not an action rpg. It's a lot like FF12 I'd say. Or even Diablo 3. And KoToR. You can run around and block and stuff, but it's still somewhat turn based.
If you're going to play DA:I you're going to play it for all the rpg stuff, not for the combat. Pretty much the same reason you'd play Witcher 3.
Don't go looking for Souls combat here.
Look it up on YouTube. It should give you a good idea what it's like.

I would say it's up there with HL2. It is truly a standout campaign plus if you like multplayer, it's great to.

It's the most enjoyable shooter campaign I remember playing in years. Stole my attention away from Doom even. If a great SP campaign is what you're into it's a good bet. Shortish, but it retires new gameplay ideas right before they start to overstay their welcome, almost Nintendoey.

Titanfall 2 by far.

Wow. Not even one mention of the BF1 campaign. I hope it truly is as good as you guys are saying.

If you liked the first you will LOVE Dishonored 2. The level design and world building is so fucking good. I beat the game a few days ago and immediately started a second playthrough because it was so damn good and a joy to play. It basically improves upon the first in every way and the levels and places you visit are so memorable. A huge recommendation from me. I didnt finish the first games DLC either but apparently it just adds more back story about some characters lile Delilah.

Dishonored 2 is seriously a very well designed game. Theres so much to explore and discover in every nook and cranny. Phenomenal game.
Thanks, that's pretty much all I needed to hear :)

I've been really excited for this game but got busy with life stuff and just decided to go on a full blackout for this game until it went on sale or something.

Haines

Banned
I bought this game blind and was upset about how it was just drawing lines, but grew to absolutely love it. It's such a great game, and really ended up being what I needed.

Great to hear. I've seen a couple minutes footage and understand that it's just a line puzzle game.

Thing is I don't recall ever playing a game like that and it's something we can play with the kids around without scarring them for life lol

Plus I'm a huge fan of hdr. Going to boot it up now while my girl is asleep on me

Only thing that tempts me is NHL 17. I'd like to have the latest, but honestly 16 is doing pretty well for me. Other than roster updates, is there a reason to buy in to 17? I pretty much play Be A GM exclusively, if that matters.

I'm deciding between the witness and the Talos principle? Any recommendations, I'm leaning towards TTP simply because it looks more appealing to me.

preferred talos principle myself, both puzzle-wise & atmosphere-wise. for all its warm graphics, witness can be a very chilly intellectual excercise :) ...

kevin1025

Banned
In a purely campaign point of view, which game is better; Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2? I have not touched FPS shooters from the BF/COD department since Ghosts and I am actually interested again. They are both 30 now.

Titanfall 2 has a fantastic campaign, easily the most fun campaign shooter in a good, long while.

Battlefield 1 has five story vignettes (and a prologue) that aren't connected. They are quite good, and look insanely gorgeous, but if I had to choose between Titanfall and Battlefield, it's Titanfall.

akileese

Picked up Dirty Rally with the VR dlc. It's unlikely I ever get a Vive so for me this was the only way to experience it. Has anyone tried it out yet with VR?

Cake Boss

Banned
Only thing that tempts me is NHL 17. I'd like to have the latest, but honestly 16 is doing pretty well for me. Other than roster updates, is there a reason to buy in to 17? I pretty much play Be A GM exclusively, if that matters.

Yes, it's the biggest upgrade in terms content this generation of NHL franchise. Gameplay is better, more game modes, franchise mode and eashl is a lot deeper and more customization and options. HUT is better too.

Wow. Not even one mention of the BF1 campaign. I hope it truly is as good as you guys are saying.

BF1 campaign is really mediocre and downright generic at some parts. But regarding TF2, don't go into the campaign expecting an amazing story. The reason everyone is hyping it up is because of the amazing gameplay and level design.

Is MGSV: The Definitive Experience worth its Plus price? Or would I be ashamed of my words and deeds?

If you have PS+ and you didn't nab Ground Zeroes the month it was a free download, then go for it I suppose. Otherwise look for Phantom Pain on the cheap maybe? It's not like the MGO DLC is crucial to Phantom Pain itself unless you will go for MGO.

n051de

been waiting for a drop on the digital version of REVELATOR. Glad I can get rid of my disc hearing that thing load up before playing is something I didn't miss by going digital. Dancing all night also? Bad week for my wallet.

Have you ever played Star Wars: KOTOR or any other Dragon Age games?
It's quite a bit like that.

Feel free to check out some gameplay on youtube. EDIT: I guess I should clarify that the combat really isn't that great. There's more of a focus on tactics than any real skill here.

Though my personal suggestion would be to grab the GOTY edition since it includes DLC that's not unlike the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3 in that it offers more of a bonding moment for the cast, and it expands upon the ending a bit more. But it's up to you.

Combat is "worse" than both.
As in, it doesn't require a lot of input depending on what class. It's not an action rpg. It's a lot like FF12 I'd say. Or even Diablo 3. And KoToR. You can run around and block and stuff, but it's still somewhat turn based.
If you're going to play DA:I you're going to play it for all the rpg stuff, not for the combat. Pretty much the same reason you'd play Witcher 3.
Don't go looking for Souls combat here.
Look it up on YouTube. It should give you a good idea what it's like.
Ah, seems like I should look elsewhere. I love RPGs but not these types. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it's the biggest upgrade in terms content this generation of NHL franchise. Gameplay is better, more game modes, franchise mode and eashl is a lot deeper and more customization and options. HUT is better too.

Those all sound great, but I have no interest in HUT or random modes, typically. What new modes are interesting, and how is the gameplay better?

Mirrors Edge for $10 hmmmmm

to jump or not to jump

4BIw6qH.gif

kevin1025

Banned
How is dragon age?

There are quite a few that found it disappointing, but I enjoyed it. It can feel a little heavy on fetch-like quests, but only if you get lost in the weeds doing those rather than focus on the more meatier parts of the game. I really liked the game, it's certainly not the best Bioware game and has its faults, but for the price the standalone game is right now, well worth the price!

Jmille99

Ive seen a lot of people comment on Dirt Rally. Would the game be worth it for someone who doesnt have VR? And is it more arcadey feeling or sim?

$25.50 for witcher 3 expansion pass and life is strange complete season seems too good to pass up

fuuuuuuckkk
my
backlogggggggggg

Meaty

I didnt finish the first games DLC either but apparently it just adds more background

No. I havent played the second game yet,but the dlc is suposed to change pretty much everything. Seriously, the impact the history of the dlc is suposed to have is huge

Higgy

So as someone who has never played a Witcher game is Blood and Wine good enough or is the complete edition the only way to go?

Edit didn't realize blood and wine was an expansion.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Tempted by Rise of the Tomb Raider, is it worth it????

Did you like TR 2013? If so yes, it's more of that good stuff. I loved it personally but I know some people didn't like TR 2013 too much.

Toki767

So as someone who has never played a Witcher game is Blood and Wine good enough or is the complete edition the only way to go?

You need to play the whole thing to even reach Blood and Wine I think.

But you should play the whole thing regardless. It's the most value you'll get in a video game for $25 in a long time.

KodaRuss

Tempted by Rise of the Tomb Raider, is it worth it????

I hated it honestly. 2013 is better. Its basically more of the same but worse with a worse story. It isnt a terrible game but it was just a drag to get through imo.

I am thinking about getting Mortal Kombat XL at that price. $20 is the lowest I think I have seen it.

Bronetta

No. I havent played the second game yet,but the dlc is suposed to change pretty much everything. Seriously, the impact the history of the dlc is suposed to have is huge

Well from what I know the first DLC explores Daud's past and why he did what he did and the second DLC is supposed to focus on Delilah who takes centre stage in D2.

As a huge fan of Dishonored 1 and 2, I have no excuse tho. I should play them ASAP.

Higgy

But you should play the whole thing regardless. It's the most value you'll get in a video game for $25 in a long time.

Ahh didn't realize blood and wine was an expansion. Doh!

Kill3r7

You need to play up to the point where Dandelion has been freed in order to pickup and access the B&W quest.

watdaeff4

This is a really good sale week IMO, esp coupled with the spend $100/get $15 promo. I had talked shit earlier that Sony sandbags sales during those promos but happy they made me eat crow.

Picked up DOOM, Persona and Persona 2, Severed and Darkest Dungeon all for a bit over $60. Combine that with a Horizon pre-order and I get my $15 back.

Cake Boss

Banned
Those all sound great, but I have no interest in HUT or random modes, typically. What new modes are interesting, and how is the gameplay better?

I haven't played 16 in a while but from what I remember the stick checking was improved, skating and defending is improved, less cheesy goals allowed by the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom