• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Critics Choice + EA Publisher + Persona sale 2/21 -2/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Dragon Age for 6 bucks. I mean, it can't be that bad, right? How would likely feel about this game if I love things like Souls, and dislike things like Witcher? Combat wise, I mean.

For $6 it's worth picking up. There's still alot to enjoy with the game, despite its flaws.

tootie923

So DIshonored 2 at that price is definitely worth it if Dishonored 1 was my top 5 games from last gen right?

Also I should probably finish the DLC before getting into D2?

You'll probably want to finish the D1 DLC first for the backstory. The price isn't so great though unless you really want digital. The disc version has been cheaper several times since Black Friday. And yes, you'll love the sequel.

kevin1025

Banned
Shame Mirror's Edge doesn't have Pro patch, might have picked it up if it had one.

With Boost Mode, it has a very, very, very small increase in framerate (the game sometimes drops to 53 and Boost Mode pushes it up to 54-55) and the textures load in faster I believe. So in a couple weeks when 4.50 launches, it'll have some minor stuff.

tootie923

Of course, Deus Ex: MD Digital Deluxe is on sale and not the Season Pass. Guess I'll be waiting for a holiday sale to get the story DLCs.

kevin1025

Banned
You won't regret it. Heart of stone is one of the best stories told in gaming. Period. I know this reads as hyperbolic as fuck, but it's that damn good.

As someone approaching the end of the main game and about to start the DLC journeys, this gets me excited!

Mirrors Edge for $10 hmmmmm

to jump or not to jump

4BIw6qH.gif

Found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jAZsU7zQlc

The guy goes by Oleg Cricket.
Ugh, nauseous front watching that. I legit lost feeling in my feet multiple times and got dizzy. That guy is insane.

In for NHL!

kevin1025

Banned
I keep hearing how great TF2 campaign is. Is it worth it if I have no intent on playing multi at all?

It's not a long campaign, so if you're more into making your money's worth last, it may not be so hot. But for a shooter campaign, it is one of the best in the past while. I'm mainly a single player gamer, and it was well worth it to me.

ryseing

I keep hearing how great TF2 campaign is. Is it worth it if I have no intent on playing multi at all?

It's fucking incredible. Very short though. If you're insistent on only playing the campaign I'd argue $30 is a tad much- wait for $20-$25.

Whoops, the Plus price is $25. Shoot, go for it.

If the game had a co-op mode it would be a different story.

etrain911

That is a great deal for Dancing All Night and an even better deal for Titanfall 2! Pick it up if you haven't played it yet. Easily one of my favorite multiplayer experiences (coming from someone who generally hates multiplayer).

kevin1025

Banned
That is a great deal for Dancing All Night and an even better deal for Titanfall 2! Pick it up if you haven't played it yet. Easily one of my favorite multiplayer experiences (coming from someone who generally hates multiplayer).

I'm the same, I've never been a big multiplayer type of player, but I'm spending more time than I ever thought with Titanfall 2, Rainbow Six Siege, and Overwatch.

hbkdx12

It's not a long campaign, so if you're more into making your money's worth last, it may not be so hot. But for a shooter campaign, it is one of the best in the past while. I'm mainly a single player gamer, and it was well worth it to me.

It's fucking incredible. Very short though. If you're insistent on only playing the campaign I'd argue $30 is a tad much- wait for $20-$25.

Whoops, the Plus price is $25. Shoot, go for it.

If the game had a co-op mode it would be a different story.
thanks. I feel like sub 20 would probably be my sweet spot. Plus I'd just be using it to tide me over until horizon zero dawn hits.

Švejk

And where's Dark Souls 3? I would think it would drop with the GOTY edition out shortly. I want the vanilla one on the low low!
Like $20 or less low

Sethista

I have terrible timing. Inside was on sale around the 1st of the year but I didn't have any funds in the wallet. Got some and then it shot back up to $20. I figured "eh it will go down again" and spent a month catching up on other backlogged titles until Sunday when I just couldn't wait anymore. Sucked it up and paid full price and now it's on sale for $8.

Only $12 but yeah, poor timing. Inside was good, but it's super short and there isn't much worth replaying after solving the puzzles the first time. I would have felt better about the purchase at $8 than I do at $20.

I agree. I couldnt wait and bought for PC, played it, and it was one of the best games I played last year. But even at $8 I cant justify double dipping.

But if I bought it at that price, I would have felt I was stealing from the developer, they earned that $20 price tag

Is the SFV character pass worth it if you already unlocked two characters with fm? I unlocked Guile and Balrog and don't care too much for extra costumes. Don't know how hard it is to earn the remaining fm to unlock 4 characters though since I didn't play for quite a while.

zewone

Can someone sell me on Diablo 3?

I want to play it, as I love loot games, but I'm afraid I won't like the combat.

Is it similar to KOTOR or FFXIV?

carlsojo

I want to play it, as I love loot games, but I'm afraid I won't like the combat.

Not similar to either. It's a top down action rpg with loot for days. It's fantastic, especially if you co op.

Is the SFV character pass worth it if you already unlocked two characters with fm? I unlocked Guile and Balrog and don't care too much for extra costumes. Don't know how hard it is to earn the remaining fm to unlock 4 characters though since I didn't play for quite a while.

It's $10, right? Fight money is extremely limited and the weekly amount you can obtain isn't much. If you want all the characters and you're going to keep playing then I guess it's worth it. You can save all of that fight money you get from now on for the new characters coming out.
I would have gotten it if I hadn't unlocked 4 of the characters already. They're not going to reimburse me that FM, so it's pointless.

Toki767

I'm only really tempted to get Deus Ex, I think.

Granted, that's mostly because I already bought all the other AAA games that were on sale over the holidays.

Tons of content, tons of customization, really fucking cool abilities and eventually you'll be death incarnate. Very few games make you feel as powerful. The game is a great package overall.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I just got my Vita back up and running and I was thinking about getting Odin Sphere? Is it worth it Gaf?

I think there's a demo you can try out.

Willenium

I still find it odd that PS2 Classics are not playable on PS4. Or PS1 Classics, for that matter.

Anyway, is I Am Setsuna worth it at this price? I dig the art style.

Rez Infinite – $22.49, $20.69

Stopped reading RIGHT THEN AND THERE...

...used that PS credit I had stored away for this exact kind of sale to own it for the fourth platform. DC, PS2, 360, and now PS4. I will love it as much as I did back in late 2001/early 2002...

...and now back to reading the rest of the thread and its replies.

Then I come across this gif while doing just that...

My hands clinched and I willed myself to watch it then I bookmarked the YT video for later viewings.

Kill3r7

I'm only really tempted to get Deus Ex, I think.

Granted, that's mostly because I already bought all the other AAA games that were on sale over the holidays.

It's worth the price of admission at this point, especially if you enjoyed HR and want more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom