• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Critics Choice + EA Publisher + Persona sale 2/21 -2/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop242

Some of these are tempting, particularly Witcher 3 season pass, but I'm swamped with stuff to play now and for the next month or two.

Mirrors Edge for $10 hmmmmm

to jump or not to jump

4BIw6qH.gif

source of the video please ?

bukowski81

Did you like TR 2013? If so yes, it's more of that good stuff. I loved it personally but I know some people didn't like TR 2013 too much.

I hated it honestly. 2013 is better. Its basically more of the same but worse with a worse story. It isnt a terrible game but it was just a drag to get through imo.

I am thinking about getting Mortal Kombat XL at that price. $20 is the lowest I think I have seen it.

I did like TR 2013, I guess i gonna try this one. Thanks to both!

I haven't played 16 in a while but from what I remember the stick checking was improved, skating and defending is improved, less cheesy goals allowed by the goalie.

Does the defender play the puck more effectively when poke checking? I'm sooooo tired of getting tripping penalties when I'm poke checking from in front of the puck handler.

Also, I read the OT and this by itself may get me to bite:
"Puck Comes Free On Hits More Often --- When you hit a player away from the puck direction, the puck can come free now and keep going. This will prevent the knocked down player from getting the puck back as frequently as before. "
That's one of my biggest complaints from the last few years. Far too often to you lay a guy out, only to have the puck stop under him, both players flub around and the guy gets up and retrieves the puck while your defenseman just stands there slack jawed.

The other big issue I have is the defense being pretty ineffective when defending a rush. Every time I go to check someone, I just get deked. I know that a defenseman isn't typically as agile as a winger, and that should happen fairly often, but it feels like it's weighted too heavily on offense's favour in 16.

ChanMan

I think I will only buy Inside, seeing as the game isn't that long and I already have Yakuza 0 and Nioh to play I can't see myself purchasing anything other than that.

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst worth the $10? I did like the first

I thought it was more of the same, but open world. And I'm not a hardcore ME fan, I liked the first well enough so I had fun with this one as well.

Hardcore ME fans seem to dislike this one though. They could probably tell you why this one isn't good as the previous one.

ScOULaris

Hm. I'm torn on whether or not I should buy Hotline Miami 2 (Vita) with this sale.

I love the series and own both games on PC and the first game on Vita (also purchased during a PSN sale), but I found the first game to be hard to play on the Vita due a relative lack of precision when compared to the KB/M setup on PC. I still finished the game without too much trouble, but I just can't be as stylish and effective as I am on the PC version.

Since the sequel is even more demanding in terms of difficulty and the need for precise aiming with the larger focus on gunplay, is the Vita release just too frustrating to be worth it?

I'd only be getting it to have both games available on the go, but if HM2 is too hard to play with the Vita's controls then I might end up passing.

Any advice from people who played the Vita release would be greatly appreciated.

Found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jAZsU7zQlc

The guy goes by Oleg Cricket.

On topic: I'm not sure anyone answered one person's question about Titanfall 2 online. Is it still pretty active? Is the single-player worth the price alone? I don't play many games online except Rocket League, but I grew up with Battletech and Mechwarrior. So I'm keen on checking out Titanfall.
The single player campaign is fantastic. Distilled fun that constantly mixes things up, very Valve-esque

Multiplayer is excellent as well

Did they remove guns? Best combat parts in the original was when you were on the run and had to combine melee with the parkour

I honestly never got this complaint for the first ME. You never had to use the guns, and in fact I finished the first game without ever using one. You only used guns if you wanted to. If they turn you off, don't use them.

The single player campaign is fantastic. Distilled fun that constantly mixes things up, very Valve-esque

Multiplayer is excellent as well

Awesome! Any reason to get the deluxe edition? Or would the standard be fine? I tend to be completionist, but not really for cosmetic type stuff, which the extras appear to be.

Bluenoser

Is Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 not up for preorder yet?

Need a second game (after Horizon) to hit that $100 mark. Have most of these on PC already.

I believe you won't see KH games on PSN- it's a licensing issue. Physical only. Don't quote me on it, but none of them are available on the PS3 storefront after all these years.

Edit - corrected, KH2.8 available.

Ramma2

Thanks for posting this, finally picked up the Witcher 3 DLC pass. Now I just gotta grab a non-goty edition disc somewhere to play them!

SexyFish

Banned
I believe you won't see KH games on PSN- it's a licensing issue. Physical only. Don't quote me on it, but none of them are available on the PS3 storefront after all these years.

2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is on PSN.

I would just assume they aren't allowing preorders atm.

NHL worth it for $20? Been forever since I've owned a hockey game.

Yes its a really good game especially if you havent played hockey games in awhile.

The controls are not too complicated and there is a nice in-game trainer that you can toggle on/off during gameplay that helps getting acclimated to the game.

Hm.

Gonna bite @ Inside for $8 for sure, and debating Mirrors Edge. Love, love, love the first game but heard some very mixed things about it.

Any other MUST own games on this list? How similar is Odin Sphere to Dragons Crown? LOVE that fucking game. I need a Vita again...

:(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Actually, while I'm here, how's Odin Sphere?

Repetitive and pretty long, but good. I quite enjoyed the multi-perspective storyline, but the upgrade system can feel tedious and again the chapters tend to feel longer than needed. Best played over the long-term as burnout is real easy if rushing through it. Gorgeous looking though and the fluid combat is quite nice.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hm.

Gonna bite @ Inside for $8 for sure, and debating Mirrors Edge. Love, love, love the first game but heard some very mixed things about it.

Any other MUST own games on this list? How similar is Odin Sphere to Dragons Crown? LOVE that fucking game. I need a Vita again...

:(

If you liked Dragon's Crown you'll love Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. They're very similar and have similar combat, both being Vanillaware joints and all.

Personally I like Odin Sphere Leifthrasir more than Dragon's Crown.

holy shit inside for 8 dollars is a steal. Everyone buy

I have terrible timing. Inside was on sale around the 1st of the year but I didn't have any funds in the wallet. Got some and then it shot back up to $20. I figured "eh it will go down again" and spent a month catching up on other backlogged titles until Sunday when I just couldn't wait anymore. Sucked it up and paid full price and now it's on sale for $8.

Only $12 but yeah, poor timing. Inside was good, but it's super short and there isn't much worth replaying after solving the puzzles the first time. I would have felt better about the purchase at $8 than I do at $20.

TheMan

Yes its a really good game especially if you havent played hockey games in awhile.

The controls are not too complicated and there is a nice in-game trainer that you can toggle on/off during gameplay that helps getting acclimated to the game.

is it as balls-hard as last year's iteration?

also battlefront is looking tasty at 20 for everything. Worth it?

If you like rpgs and have a vita/psp do yourself a favor and grab growlanser.

Also grab Tales from the Borderlands, I'm not a fan of telltale but that game is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom