• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

qko

Wonder if they already patched out the bug used to install Linux? That would be some epic turnaround time for "stability"

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Same here in UK, tried to log into Spotify and "PSN is currently down for maintenance"

I didn't even know you need to be logged into PSN to use Spotify. Not that I use it but that seems stupid.

Single player games that need to be online are bullshit. Need for Speed and other titles (blanking right now) need to stop doing this shit.

EthanC

Banned
Single player games that need to be online are bullshit. Need for Speed and other titles (blanking right now) need to stop doing this shit.

Didn't Just Cause 3 get a bunch of shit for constantly checking to see if you're online, and freezing when it couldn't make a connection?

Looks like it's the store. No idea why though. Impressed that all the other bits are up though*. Disappointed I can't download Battlefront onto my "research" machine though.

[edit] * apparently your mileage may vary

MogCakes

Luckily for me, I recently bought an OG copy of Megaman Legends, which gives me an excuse to turn on my PS1 again while I wait out the offline drought.

Everytime I want to play a quick game of Black Ops 3 before work PSN is down or my internet shits the bed. Back to Need for Speed on Xbox I guess

kevin1025

Banned
Lizard Squad (Lizard Lands...?) are kinda sorta saying they did it on Twitter. I don't believe them, but yeah, they want retweets to stop, haha. They were late to saying it, so likely very unrelated.

PS Store on PC down as well. :(

IadFa.png

HotHamBoy

I know one day all my gameshare chickens are going to come home to roost. I'm usually the account my friend and I use, though. Should have bought Fallout 4, though...

As of right now mine are still working. Does the console just need to do a license check every 24 hours?

theSoftBullet

Neo Member
I didn't even know you need to be logged into PSN to use Spotify. Not that I use it but that seems stupid.

You can still use it via remote play on your phone or computer if you launch Spotify on your Playstation. It will show up as a selectable device. You won't have the controls or album art but at least you can use it indirectly.

I guess I will turn on The Witcher 3 and see how far I can get without being overwhelmed by how massive and great the game is.

NEO0MJ

Crud, and I was just about to buy some games before the sale ends. Hope the offers are still on by the time it's up.

Damn, just wanted to finish TTK and got level 40 :(

lol at the Twitter comments:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how some of these companies handle things, lol.

Just kidding, I'm sure the guys working are doing their best.

Arcane0ne

This is shit,today i bought a ps3 for yakuza 5 and my digital games but can't download my games.I feel bad for poor psplus users,Sony servers are a joke.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems like it. Rocket League was refusing to start, just stuck on the splash screen (stellar design/coding there BTW, making your game simply not work if there's a PSN issue), so I tried to open the Store and got the maintenance message. Annoying. What now? Really felt like kicking that ball around for a bit. Maybe if I go offline I can at least play against some bots. What fun.

EDIT: Well, it worked, but yeah, this is boring.

Top Bottom